• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hell's PopClock

• Members

According to Jesus' testimony as an expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; the majority of the human race hasn't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

†. Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him: Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

†. Mtt 7:13-14 . . Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

†. Mtt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as: consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; "few" is defined as: consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz: not many; i.e. some, but indeterminately small in number

According to Webster's then; few means a small percentage, and many means a large percentage; in other words: many = the majority.

As of Aug 15, 2010 @ 07:47 pm EDT, there were approximately 309,999,926 people alive in the USA with a death rate of approximately one every 13 seconds; which amounts to an average of 6,646 American deaths during just one 24-hour civil day.

Allowing for say, 1/3rd of those 6,646 daily USA deaths to be underage children, would leave 4,430 adult-age Americans crossing over to the other side every day. Giving the "few" the benefit of the doubt by setting their maximum percentage at 49%, would indicate that 51% of those 4,430 equals 2,260 Americans transferring to perdition each day-- roughly 94 souls per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as the Lord didn't really specify exact percentages to represent the quantities few and many. Just think; by the time CBS completes its half-hour evening news report, a bare bones minimum of 47 Americans cross over to the Bible's hell.

Using the ratio of 94 condemned souls per hour per 309,999,926 population: computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated population of 6,862,605,846 people rounds out to something like 2,081 new arrivals in Hell every sixty minutes on the clock (49,942 per 24-hour civil day).

Those numbers would fill the new 51,800 seat Yankee Stadium to capacity in roughly 25 hours. In other words, if those 49,942 souls started filling the stadium at 6:00 am this morning; by 7:00 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full. Meanwhile, another 49,942 would be outside in line ready to take their place.

Christmas and New Year's are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher; and believe me folks, the Bible's God makes no exceptions for those holidays; no, none at all. Souls never stop cascading into the dungeons of Hell in an endless stream like chocolate kisses on a Hershey's conveyor belt.

Some have insisted that Luke 13:22-24, Mtt 7:13-14, and Mtt 22:14 apply only to the Israel of the first century; but a close examination of the language and syntax easily shows that those passages apply to everybody regardless of era, race, or gender.

Mtt 7:13-14 is embedded in the so-called Sermon On The Mount which begins at Mtt 5:1 and ends at Mtt 7:27 with these words:

†. Mtt 7:24-27 . .Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

. . . And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

I think it's quite rational to conclude that the words "whoever" and "any one" include not just Israel, but also Gentiles; viz: everybody on earth regardless of race or gender.

Mtt 22:14 concludes the parable of the wedding banquet. The festivities were originally intended for Israel, but due to their disinterest, the event was opened to the Gentiles.

†. Mtt 22:8-10 . .Then saith he to his servants: The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage. So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.

However, though every Gentile is welcome to the party; not all will be permitted to attend.

†. Mtt 22:11-14 . . And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: and he saith unto him: Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. Then said the king to the servants: Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. For many are called, but few are chosen.

C.L.I.F.F.
/

• Members

PopClock Update (01)

3 days have elapsed since beginning the topic on Aug 15, 2010

Using the original factor of 2,260 adult-age Americans transferring to perdition per each 24-hour civil day, suggests 6,780 adult-age Americans have passed through the gates of the current Hell just since beginning the topic.

The world-wide total, based upon the original factor of 49,942 condemned souls per 24-hour civil day, suggests 149,826 total arrivals in perdition since beginning the topic . . . and the clock is still ticking.
____________________ ______________________

†. Mark 9:47-48 . . And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

The koiné Greek word for "worm" is skolex (sko'-lakes) which identifies grubs, maggots, and/or earth-worms, et al. Jesus said the skolex are in a place called hell fire.

The koiné Greek word for "hell fire" is geena (gheh'-en-nah) which refers to a canyon valley (a.k.a. the valley of the son of Hinnom, Josh 15:8 et al) situated south of the old city walls of Jerusalem. In Jesus' day, the valley served as the ancient city's landfill, where fires were kept burning day and night doing the double duty of incinerating a constant waste stream of urban refuse and the corpses of dead animals and low income citizens.

Geena is spoken of twelve times in the New Testament— eleven by Jesus, and once by James. In all twelve instances; geena is associated with fire. Geena isn't synonymous with the hell of Luke 16:23; which is the koiné word haides (hah'-dace) which is a nondescript word for the afterlife that simply means: unseen.

The Lord's skolex, of course, are implied to feed upon the inhabitants of geena just as normal worms in life thrive on an open corpse. A worm that thrives in flame is pretty amazing, but not totally unreasonable. The 4-inch Pompeii worm lives in sea water temperatures of 176 degrees— hot enough to kill salmonella and sanitize an egg. So I guess if God could create a worm like the Pompeii, it shouldn't be too difficult for Him to create worms that like it even warmer.

Acts 12:21-23 records a Herod's death by skolex of the infectious parasitic type. The biblical record goes right to the bottom line without any details, but according to an article I read in a back issue of Biblical Archaeology Review, Herod didn't die immediately as the narrative in Acts seems to suggest, but rather, suffered with the malady quite a while. The worms were located mostly in his private parts (which may have included the prostate) and were so painful at times that he couldn't walk and/or conduct state business. I leave it to your imagination as to where the Lord's skolex might be infecting geena's women. I know: it's an ugly, ugly thought; but I cannot, in all good conscience, permit myself to sugar-coat the place about which the Lord spoke in Mark 9:43-48.

†. 2Cor 5:10-11 . . For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men

C.L.I.F.F.
/

• Members

PopClock Update (02)

5 days have elapsed since beginning the topic on Aug 15, 2010

Using the original factor of 2,260 adult-age Americans transferring to perdition per each 24-hour civil day, suggests 11,300 adult-age Americans have passed through the gates of the current Hell just since beginning the topic.

The world-wide total, based upon the original factor of 49,942 condemned souls per 24-hour civil day, suggests 249,710 total arrivals in perdition since beginning the topic . . . and the clock is still ticking.

Hell validates Christianity. Yes, in point of fact, it's essential that people go to Hell for that very reason. It is also essential that everyone who practices Islam go to Hell too because according to Christ's testimony as an expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife, salvation is of his people; not Muhammad's.

†. John 4:22 . .Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

Jesus also testified the below:

†. John 4:24 . . God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.

One of Webster's definitions of "truth" is: a state of being the case; viz: fact; which Webster's defines as: the quality of being actual. In other words; truth is the way it is; viz: it's reality.

I was once informed by a rather imperious unbeliever that it doesn't matter which religion one belongs to since it's all the same God. What's wrong with that? Answer: Well, for starters; Jesus testified that the Bible's God wishes to be worshipped in truth; which means there is only one right way to worship God rather than a variety of ways; which is precisely why Muhammad's followers face a very grim future. Islam's Muhammad is not the route to God, no, the Bible's Christ is.

†. John 14:6 . . I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

That's the way it is: that's reality.

C.L.I.F.F.
/

• Members

PopClock Update (02)

5 days have elapsed since beginning the topic on Aug 15, 2010

Using the original factor of 2,260 adult-age Americans transferring to perdition per each 24-hour civil day, suggests 11,300 adult-age Americans have passed through the gates of the current Hell just since beginning the topic.

The world-wide total, based upon the original factor of 49,942 condemned souls per 24-hour civil day, suggests 249,710 total arrivals in perdition since beginning the topic . . . and the clock is still ticking.

Hell validates Christianity. Yes, in point of fact, it's essential that people go to Hell for that very reason. It is also essential that everyone who practices Islam go to Hell too because according to Christ's testimony as an expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife, salvation is of his people; not Muhammad's.

†. John 4:22 . .Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

Jesus also testified the below:

†. John 4:24 . . God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.

One of Webster's definitions of "truth" is: a state of being the case; viz: fact; which Webster's defines as: the quality of being actual. In other words; truth is the way it is; viz: it's reality.

I was once informed by a rather imperious unbeliever that it doesn't matter which religion one belongs to since it's all the same God. What's wrong with that? Answer: Well, for starters; Jesus testified that the Bible's God wishes to be worshipped in truth; which means there is only one right way to worship God rather than a variety of ways; which is precisely why Muhammad's followers face a very grim future. Islam's Muhammad is not the route to God, no, the Bible's Christ is.

†. John 14:6 . . I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

That's the way it is: that's reality.

C.L.I.F.F.
/

Once I had been invited to a church to preach on Sunday, in Sunday school class that morning the teacher stated, 'when someone moves to our area, the most important thing is for them to attend church, it matters not what church they attend, just as long as they attend church.' I was in shock for a good 5 minutes to hear this stated in what was suppose to be a very good Baptist church.This statement gave me fuel for the sermon I delivered. It seems there be many who think that every church that calls them self a Christian church teach the one path to Jesus' cross, while the truth is they do not.

• Members

It seems there be many who think that every church that calls them self a Christian church teach the one path to Jesus' cross, while the truth is they do not.

Jerry, hello;

Webster's defines ecumenical as: promoting, or tending toward, worldwide Christian unity and/or cooperation. In other words, ecumenical people are typically far more interested in everybody getting along than they are in getting to the truth and correcting people's errors.

I don't think I have to tell you that ecumenism is not only a worldwide agenda, but also a worldwide evil because it basically says no one is wrong, and everybody is a Christian if they say so. Well, contrary to that philosophy; Christ is a divider of men, rather than a unifier; and his way is narrow rather than broad.

But I'll tell you, I just don't understand how ecumenical teachers have found their way into Baptist Sunday schools. And the last internet forum I was on labeled itself a Baptist board but in reality, it too was ecumenical. One of the administrators even unabashedly informed me he was a Methodist!

Now, lest anybody gets the idea I'm down on Methodists let me assure them I'm not. However, I do not believe in mixing and mashing denominations; most especially Baptists and Methodists. The two ideologies are just too incompatible.

†. Amos 3:3 . . Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

They can walk together only if one, or both, is willing to compromise— and compromise in matters of faith is never a good thing for a Christian; either Baptist or Methodist.

†. 1Cor 16:13 . .Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

†. Jude 1:3 . . Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

It goes without saying; compromise, and contention are poles apart.

C.L.I.F.F.
/

• Members

PopClock Update (03)

7 days have elapsed since beginning the topic on Aug 15, 2010

Using the original factor of 2,260 adult-age Americans transferring to perdition per each 24-hour civil day, suggests 15,820 adult-age Americans have passed through the gates of the current Hell just since beginning the topic.

The world-wide total, based upon the original factor of 49,942 condemned souls per 24-hour civil day, suggests 349,594 total arrivals in perdition since beginning the topic . . . and the clock is still ticking.

Are the inmates in Hades up to date on current events? Of course. With 49,942 new arrivals every day on the calendar; they know everything; even that just today Iran unveiled its first long-range bombing drone manufactured in its own country rather than somewhere else, and also that Stephen Moyer and Anna Paquin of the HBO series True Blood got married Saturday.

C.L.I.F.F.
/

• Members

PopClock Update (04)

10 days have elapsed since beginning the topic on Aug 15, 2010

Using the original factor of 2,260 adult-age Americans transferring to perdition per each 24-hour civil day, suggests 22,600 adult-age Americans have passed through the gates of the current Hell just since beginning the topic.

The world-wide total, based upon the original factor of 49,942 condemned souls per 24-hour civil day, suggests 499,420 total arrivals in perdition since beginning the topic . . . and the clock is still ticking.
__________ __________ ____________ __________

If those 499,420 arrivals were all an average of five feet, six inches tall, and laid head to toe, their bodies would stretch 520 miles, which is roughly the crow-flies distance between Tijuana Mexico and Reno Nevada.

C.L.I.F.F.
/

Edited by Webers_Home

• Members

PopClock Update (05)

12 days have elapsed since beginning the topic on Aug 15, 2010

Using the original factor of 2,260 adult-age Americans transferring to perdition per each 24-hour civil day, suggests 27,120 adult-age Americans have passed through the gates of the current Hell just since beginning the topic.

The world-wide total, based upon the original factor of 49,942 condemned souls per 24-hour civil day, suggests 599,304 total arrivals in perdition since beginning the topic . . . and the clock is still ticking.
__________ __________ __________ ___________

Isn't it just amazing how fast souls accumulate down inside the earth? And I've so far only reckoned from 08/15/2010. People have been on the road to perdition not only since the time of Christ, but since even before the Flood. I won't speculate how many years that might be, but Egypt's first pyramid, the Step Pyramid of Djoser, was constructed about 4,600 years ago. That's 4.6 millennia!

Geologically, those 4.6 millennia are merely a hiccup in Earth's 4.5 billion years of existence. If those 4.5 billion years were a 24-hour civil day, then 4,600 years would amount to just .09 second on a clock that ticks off 86,400 seconds per civil day. (to visualize how little time that is: divide one of those 86,400 seconds into 100 segments, and .09 would amount to nine of them, leaving 8,639,991 hundredths of seconds remaining in the day.)

But to human beings, that .09 second on a geological scale is difficult to appreciate. I've been on the Earth for 66 years now and I've noticed that my childhood is so far in the past to me now as to seem more like a fantasy rather than a memory.

Time stands still in the Bible's hell: it's for the now; it's an existence. People who arrived there yesterday didn't begin doing time in stir like convicts serving sentences in prisons expecting to get out some day; nor is the Bible's hell a temporary tour of duty like shipping out to Afghanistan. No, people in Hell are its perpetual residents; they're in a rut.

C.L.I.F.F.
/

• Members

PopClock Update (06)

15 days have elapsed since beginning the topic on Aug 15, 2010

Using the original factor of 2,260 adult-age Americans transferring to perdition per each 24-hour civil day, suggests 33,900 adult-age Americans have passed through the gates of the current Hell just since beginning the topic.

The world-wide total, based upon the original factor of 49,942 condemned souls per 24-hour civil day, suggests 749,130 total arrivals in perdition since beginning the topic . . . and the clock is still ticking.
__________ __________ __________ ___________

NOBel Prize winner, author of several best-selling books, and recipient of at least a dozen honorary degrees, Physicist Steven Weinberg (who views religion as an enemy of science), in his book, The First Three Minutes, wrote: "The more the universe seems comprehensible, the more it seems pointless. But if there is no solace in the fruits of our research, there is at least some consolation in the research itself . . .the effort to understand the universe is one of the very few things that lifts human life a little above the level of a farce and gives it some of the grace of tragedy."

If learning is the only justification for existence that Mr. Weinberg can find in this life, then he is certain to feel smothered in the shroud of absolute futility in the Bible's hell since there is nothing to contemplate down there but one's predicament— no more labs, no more test tubes, no more microscopes, no more telescopes, no more earth sciences like geology, soil, oceans, atmosphere, glaciers, and geodesy; no more theories like Big Bang, evolution and special relativity, no more space exploration, no more undersea exploration; nor more engineering: in fact, no more science whatsoever.

C.L.I.F.F.
/