• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

More War Info to be Leaked

• Members

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/08/12/wikileaks-spokesman-preparing-release-remaining-afghan-intelligence-files/?test=latestnews

This is just plain out ridiculous. I won't say anymore because it isn't very nice.

I hope if anything comes from these leaks, it's that the people realize just how much of a failure this war is and how futile it is to continue.

• Members

I hope if anything comes from these leaks, it's that the people realize just how much of a failure this war is and how futile it is to continue.

I'm hoping the outcome is that whomever the traitor is will be executed as they have now endangered the lives of thousands of young American military.

• Members

I disagree. If after reading the WikiLeaks people start asking the question "Why are we there?", it will be beneficial to our troops security, not detrimental. The war is lost. It's going to take bankruptcy for us to realize it and pull out. Our national security is worse off for us being over there.

• Members

If any laws were broken in this leak then reasonable punishment should be forthcoming upon the guilty.

If America knew their history they never would have got involved in a longstanding effort in Afghanistan. They should have read Rudyard Kipling! Of course, American schools today are too busy teaching contemporary nonsense to teach actual history.

From what I've heard of the leaks so far (I don't know how true or false this is) is that the information leaked is rather old, or at least old as compared to what's going on there now. This may or may not make a difference as to it's effectivness, either negative or positive.

History is very clear that any protracted conflict in Afghanistan by outsiders will end in failure. The topography as well as the governmental makeup of Afghanistan has made it thus throughout time.

OBama, it seems, made a serious error while campaigning in determining to proclaim he would push for victory in Afghanistan, even declaring it the main front that had to be won, while proclaiming he'd get America out of Iraq.

Now that the situation in Afghanistan has heated up he's boxed himself in by his imprudent stance and comments. Can or will he extricate from Afghanistan or will he keep Americans fighting there in order to not appear weak or having given up?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I want to know how he got these documents in the first place. TRC you said my thoughts exactly ;I just wasn't going to say them cause they weren't very nice.

He had a clearance to get/have/read the documents. I don't know how he got them to wikileaks but prOBably something like used a thumbdrive or printed them out or whatever.

• Administrators

Having clearance to view documents does not give one the authority to release them (I know you didn't say it does, Dennis, I'm just amplifying on your thoughts). Releasing documents for which one has clearance to view but not disseminate is treason. I realize that there is freedom of speech in this country, but the last couple of generations seems to have no comprehension of the secrecy that is necessary for certain things during times of war. And now over in the Middle East, it is being spread that America doesn't take care of her spies...Imagine if we needed help from someone else. Think they'll help? And get their names put on a document that could be leaked so that the enemy can find out and kill them and their family? Ha.

• Members

Having clearance to view documents does not give one the authority to release them (I know you didn't say it does, Dennis, I'm just amplifying on your thoughts). Releasing documents for which one has clearance to view but not disseminate is treason. I realize that there is freedom of speech in this country, but the last couple of generations seems to have no comprehension of the secrecy that is necessary for certain things during times of war. And now over in the Middle East, it is being spread that America doesn't take care of her spies...Imagine if we needed help from someone else. Think they'll help? And get their names put on a document that could be leaked so that the enemy can find out and kill them and their family? Ha.

You are correct and it's very disheartening to know people don't hold to the characteristic of loyalty much anymore. He deserves to be locked up for a long time (although, the death penalty might be considered). Our secrecy is supposed to be for life (or until those particular documents are declassified). It seems this generation has little regard for secrets (that have to do with national security) but more importantly...for the lives of others. They think in the now instead of figuring out what the consequences will be from their actions. Edited by DennisDurty