• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Evil Communications

• Members

1Cr 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

O.k., here's the quesiton: To what extent does this verse apply? Let me further explain. I and a fellow believer were having a discussion on the verse as to how it applies to our family as we minister in a church environment.

Sometimes the work to which we are called is not people who have been taught well and their life is for all intents and purposes, not sanctified. They watch programs that are not proper. They listen to music that is not proper. They are babes, carnal, shallow (possibly in some cases, not saved.)

As you minister to these people is just the presence of these type of people, the evil communications Paul was warning of, or does this mean something else?

I'd appreciate your input. Thanks brothers (and sisters.)

Ben

• Administrators

1Cr 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

O.k., here's the quesiton: To what extent does this verse apply? Let me further explain. I and a fellow believer were having a discussion on the verse as to how it applies to our family as we minister in a church environment.

Sometimes the work to which we are called is not people who have been taught well and their life is for all intents and purposes, not sanctified. They watch programs that are not proper. They listen to music that is not proper. They are babes, carnal, shallow (possibly in some cases, not saved.)

As you minister to these people is just the presence of these type of people, the evil communications Paul was warning of, or does this mean something else?

I'd appreciate your input. Thanks brothers (and sisters.)

Ben

I think it's more making them your buds and best friends where the evil communications comes in. The Bible tells us "he that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed." Prov. 13:20 My personal opinion is that the evil communications is being a companion of fools. We have to minister to people - and it is the needy person, who are either unsaved or babes in Christ, who need that ministering. And that means spending time with them. But not making them our best friends, not adopting their sins and weaknesses to better "minister" to them.