• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Florida church plans to burn Quran on 9/11 anniversary

• Members

Good points John. But those are all examples of Christ interacting directly with a person. I doubt any muslims will be present for this little "event." They aren't doing it for muslims, they are doing it for themselves.

They may not be there in person but many know it is going to happen... it will still incite them...
And actually seeing as this is being reported in the news now.. there will prOBably be some muslims present to protest this.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Surely the plan is a public display to be seen by men. It will not be an act of faith.

The Ephesians freely brought their books to be burned.

I suggest the intended action is Pharisaical, & its consequences will be inimical to the Gospel, & the situation of Chrisitans in Muslim lands.

• Administrators

The Muslim religion consists of a great number of people who seek revenge for disservice (whether real or imagined) to their prophet and their book. This church in FL is well aware of that, I'm sure, since anyone with half a brain knows what happened when the cartoonist drew a derogatory cartoon of Mohammed and when Time (or Newseek, can't remember) lied about them flushing the Koran at Gitmo.

This is not the way to reach anyone associated with that false religion - and it isn't about "respecting" them or not. It's about presenting the Christ who "loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee." Yes, Christ called a spade a spade, but that was when dealing with Pharisees. It wasn't when dealing with the regulare folk. As to the woman He called a dog, there was a lesson there, and He wasn't demeaning her. He was asking her a question phrased in the way Jews spoke - and she answered in kind and He marvelled at her faith.

I totally agree with Convenanter. I think there will be serious repercussions from this - here in America, but most especially in Muslim countries where Christians are trying to lead them to Christ.

• Members

Unfortunately, I do believe that this burning of the Qur'an will do nothing but put fuel into a fire in this Florida church-- and quite possibly across the nation. I don't believe it is a good idea to "fight fire with fire"-- no pun intended. Christians are to show love to the unsaved. We know that. A typical Islamic person is going to look at this as hate speech. Not that I am "Politically Correct" by any means-- I just believe that in order to bring people to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ-- we need not use these tactics. This reminds me of the Germans burning the Holy books of the Jews, years ago. We are to call out false gospels but I do believe that this way is going to end up in disaster. Also, as it was posted earlier-- who does this benefit? It will only create hate in the hearts of people in this Florida church. A good old-fashioned Revival is what we need. Who knows how many Islamic people will be touched by the Gospel. Planting seeds and nurturing those seeds is what needs to happen for a person's heart to be softented.

The following is taken from the Qur'an:

"Not equal are those Believers who sit [at home], except those who are disabled. And those who strive and fight [jihad] in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah has granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than those who sit [at home]. Unto all [in faith] has Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight has He distinguished above those who sit [at home] by a great reward.-- Ranks specifically bestowed by Him and Forgiveness and Mercy. For Allah is oft-giving. Most merciful. (surah 4:95-96)

Compare this with what Jesus said in John 6.

'Bread of Heaven' - "And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not. All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but would raise it up again on the last day." ~ John 6:35-39

What a humbling message from Our Lord Jesus Christ. I think scripture speaks for itself. God will do the rest.

In Christ's Name ~

Molly

Edited by candlelight

• Members

What that church is doing, is not something that I would be a part of. Yet its quite true, a Christians can present the pure Word of God to some people, and they will think what has been presented is nothing but pure hate. Case in point, look what they did to our Jesus.

• Members

What will happen to Bibles in Muslim countries? And the Gospel tracts given to Muslims?

The Ephesus Townclerk was able to say of Paul's companions: Act 19:37 For ye have brought hither these men, which are neither rOBbers of churches, nor yet blasphemers of your goddess.

• Members

I think it is most likely these folks are frustrated over the politically correct acceptance of Islam particularly since N.Y. City has approved the building of a Mosque near the ground zero of the World Trade Center. Those folks in Fla. and we folks need to pray this false religion out of our country before it isn't our country any more.

• Members

I think it is most likely these folks are frustrated over the politically correct acceptance of Islam particularly since N.Y. City has approved the building of a Mosque near the ground zero of the World Trade Center. Those folks in Fla. and we folks need to pray this false religion out of our country before it isn't our country any more.

Its just a matter of time and Islam will be accepted by most all Americans, including many Christians. I might add, when that time comes they will be defending them, just as many professing Christians defend many false teachers and false churches.

At one time hardly any professing Christians would accept the church of Christ, now the majority accept them. Back in the early days of them most referred to them as Campbellites, followers of Alexandra Campbell. They're still just as much fo a false regilion today as they were them yet now they're well respected in this country by most people.

Same is true of Mormons, Sciencetology will soon be accept by most. Sharon Angle who is of the church of Sciencetology is running for congress, many Christians are backing her.

Yes, American will almost accept almost anything, given time for them to warm up to them. Same with most professing Christians. I might add, there is a few Christians who will not, of course they get mocked by the rest when they speak out.

• Members

Its just a matter of time and Islam will be accepted by most all Americans, including many Christians. I might add, when that time comes they will be defending them, just as many professing Christians defend many false teachers and false churches.

At one time hardly any professing Christians would accept the church of Christ, now the majority accept them. Back in the early days of them most referred to them as Campbellites, followers of Alexandra Campbell. They're still just as much fo a false regilion today as they were them yet now they're well respected in this country by most people.

Same is true of Mormons, Sciencetology will soon be accept by most. Sharon Angle who is of the church of Sciencetology is running for congress, many Christians are backing her.

Yes, American will almost accept almost anything, given time for them to warm up to them. Same with most professing Christians. I might add, there is a few Christians who will not, of course they get mocked by the rest when they speak out.

There has been a mosque near the WTC buildings / site for over a decade; this dishonours those Muslims who died in the WTC bombings.

• Members

There has been a mosque near the WTC buildings / site for over a decade; this dishonours those Muslims who died in the WTC bombings.

That's a good point, as I mentioned on the other thread, there were people from all faiths who died that day - Christians, Jews, Muslims... Also, for the millionth time, it's a community center. It's no more a mosque than your local YMCA is a church.

• Administrators

That's a good point, as I mentioned on the other thread, there were people from all faiths who died that day - Christians, Jews, Muslims... Also, for the millionth time, it's a community center. It's no more a mosque than your local YMCA is a church.

Well, then, perhaps they should stop calling it a mosque and community center. Why does it have to be there? Again = there will be dancing in the streets at the victory over the stupid Americans if this is built. It is partially funded by those who are set on killing us. Nations who are at war against us (and have been for many long years). This ought not be. For shame on NY for okaying it.

• Members

Well, then, perhaps they should stop calling it a mosque and community center. Why does it have to be there? Again = there will be dancing in the streets at the victory over the stupid Americans if this is built. It is partially funded by those who are set on killing us. Nations who are at war against us (and have been for many long years). This ought not be. For shame on NY for okaying it.

From what I understand, the group that wants to build the facility owns the land it is to be built on. The City of New York, nor anyone else for that matter, has any right to prohibit them from building whatever they want on their land. I would just love to see someone (a city, a person . . .) tell me I can't build a church on my land. If I was intent to do it, and someone told me I couldn't, I would build it twice as big then laugh in their face. So long as they aren't doing anything illegal, it's no one else's business.

• Administrators

From what I understand, the group that wants to build the facility owns the land it is to be built on. The City of New York, nor anyone else for that matter, has any right to prohibit them from building whatever they want on their land. I would just love to see someone (a city, a person . . .) tell me I can't build a church on my land. If I was intent to do it, and someone told me I couldn't, I would build it twice as big then laugh in their face. So long as they aren't doing anything illegal, it's no one else's business.

In a time of war, NO group has the right to take money from countries with whom we are at war. And they are. So, yes it is people's business. And the one's laughing will be our enemies.

Sorry this went off-topic.

• Members

In a time of war, NO group has the right to take money from countries with whom we are at war. And they are. So, yes it is people's business. And the one's laughing will be our enemies.

Sorry this went off-topic.

Exactly which countries are we at war with?