• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Who is your favorite preacher?

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite preacher?

• James Lyman
    • Larry Keffer
    • Steven Anderson
    • Wally Lanford
    • Pat Robertson
    • JJ Hunter (no, not the hokey player)

• Members

That man could preach! Our local AFR station carries his sermons on weeknights and I try to catch them as often as I can.

Yes he sure could. Great man of God. He also was also very much against Calvinism. http://en.kendincos.net/video-drrjprhf-dr-adrian-rogers-refutes-calvinism-s-unconditional-election.html

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes he sure could. Great man of God. He also was also very much against Calvinism. http://en.kendincos.net/video-drrjprhf-dr-adrian-rogers-refutes-calvinism-s-unconditional-election.html

This man is an ignoramus! No wonder I never heard of him before. How can anyone call this either Biblical or inspirational? That's the prOBlem with these "mainstream", politically correct, lieberal so-called preachers--you can fall asleep during their sermons and you won't miss a thing!

• Members

O-K, the third time's the charm! BroK, I thought your favorite preacher was Paul Manis!

I'm Back......Only when the "Boss" is not around!!!!!!!! Talked to Bro Paul the other day. Hope to see you next month.

• Members

Hmmmmm...... Thomas are you sure you don't have a little bit of islam in your teachings about women? Reverend eh? Finally after making all those error filled statements and your understanding of the Bible. You decide to present your self as a preacher/reverend. Lol... and I thought Harold Campings theology was bad. Tied for first in my book.

Mine, too!

• Members

Not right off hand but I could listen to Lawson all day long. I almost feel like a member of his church now.

I'm not sure on the spelling of his name, but Brother Burman Kape Sr., of Rossville, GA, has preached there, several times that I know of! It'd do you some good, to find one of his messages from there and either listen or watch it! I'm warning you now, he's very mOBile, especially for him being at this time, 90 years young! As a side-note, he and his wife, are the singers of my broadcast's theme song!

• Members

I'm Back......Only when the "Boss" is not around!!!!!!!! Talked to Bro Paul the other day. Hope to see you next month.

LOL
Brother, that's only about a month and a half away! I heard Brother Paul today, on WMCH! Charity Chapel has a Saturday afternoon broadcast, in which Brother Paul and Brother Mike, swop weeks! I always enjoy hearing both of them! Of course, I listen to Brother Mike, on his 15-minute daily, on WPTP-LP! You can find the link in the directory! Oh, BTW, FYI, (to use more abrevs, LOL,) on WMCH, their broadcasts are M-F 8:33-38 AM, 10:30-11:00 AM and Saturday 12:30-1:00 PM!

• Members

Hmmmmm...... Thomas are you sure you don't have a little bit of islam in your teachings about women? Reverend eh? Finally after making all those error filled statements and your understanding of the Bible. You decide to present your self as a preacher/reverend. Lol... and I thought Harold Campings theology was bad. Tied for first in my book.

Harold Campings was not too great even before he went lieberal. A sermon is hardly a sermon if it stirs no emotion, if children don't have a nightmare or two afterwards for the sheer fear of Hell, and most of all if people don't get a strong push in the right direction. Don't see any of that with Campings.

As for Islam, there are several prOBlems with the way it treats the woman. Particularly, allowing them to be in the workforce and in the military. That said, the Moohamedan's prOBlem is rejection of Christ, not so much the way all these pagans treat women. Edited by ThomasCooper

• Members

Small world........
James Lyman...the guy who carries a big stick all the time? He has visited my church a couple of times during camp meeting. I'm glad they didn't let him preach.

Here's a couple of vids of him....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbHb_bmwPqI

• Members

Harold Campings was not too great even before he went lieberal. A sermon is hardly a sermon if it stirs no emotion, if children don't have a nightmare or two afterwards for the sheer fear of Hell, and most of all if people don't get a strong push in the right direction. Don't see any of that with Campings.

As for Islam, there are several prOBlems with the way it treats the woman. Particularly, allowing them to be in the workforce and in the military. That said, the Moohamedan's prOBlem is rejection of Christ, not so much the way all these pagans treat women.

What in the world is wrong with you? I see no example of Jesus scaring the children into coming to him.

As for Steven Anderson, I looked at his website and, other than you, I have never seen so much twisting of Scripture in my life. He has a sermon about not going to the doctor. That is one thing for him and his family, but to say that the Bible teaches that is absolutely absurd.

• Members

What in the world is wrong with you? I see no example of Jesus scaring the children into coming to him.

Have you not read Revelations? Do you propose we lie to people and sugar-coat the Truth?!

As for Steven Anderson, I looked at his website and, other than you, I have never seen so much twisting of Scripture in my life. He has a sermon about not going to the doctor. That is one thing for him and his family, but to say that the Bible teaches that is absolutely absurd.

I have never seen a doctor in my life, and I've made it just fine, not even a single false tooth. Prayer and repentance can do wonders for your health!

Psalm 91:10

• Members

I cannot believe the men that call themselves Christians, let a lone anointed men of God, and spread the filth that Mr. Lyman spreads. All I can say is that he better not ever let me, and anyone in my family for that matter, catch him south of the Mason Dixon line (that includes the Caribbean as well). There is a simple way to put an end to his blasphemy.

• Members

I cannot believe the men that call themselves Christians, let a lone anointed men of God, and spread the filth that Mr. Lyman spreads. All I can say is that he better not ever let me, and anyone in my family for that matter, catch him south of the Mason Dixon line (that includes the Caribbean as well). There is a simple way to put an end to his blasphemy.

I agree. Pure filth is what it is. None of my people (we're south of the Mason Dixon, too) would put up with that either.

• Members

So you would shut him up permanently. Are you insinuating you would break God's commandment to shut him up?

• Members

So you would shut him up permanently. Are you insinuating you would break God's commandment to shut him up?

That, indeed, was my reaction. Brother James is one of the most steadfast true Christian preachers out there.
Here are some of his most wonderful teaching videos: http://www.revivalneeded.com/teachingvideos.htm

And talking about the Caribbeans, Larry Keffer does work in Jamaica.

I have to say I fully share in this message from Brother James:
Edited by ThomasCooper