• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I'm wgp

• Members

Introducing Wm. Pinard

My name is William Pinard. My last name is french/latin. In French 'pinar' is a common word for wine; the wine that lays in the barrel just below the spigot.

In Latin, a 'pinar' was the lowest denomination coin minted by Rome, a 1/4 penny made of copper.

My forefathers immigrated from French Quebec before and then after the civil war to San Jose, CA. So I'm at least a fifth generation Californian. But they all seemed to have drinking prOBlems; or other excuses for failure. Catholic by birth was as close as they got to God as far as I can tell. Hope I'm wrong.

I left home in a spiritual sense when I was twelve years old; asked God to come into my life, put my life back together early summer 1976 at the age of thirty-two.

I'm a common man whose only strength is to be faithful in what the Lord has revealed to me; to persevere under hardships that afflict any natural man; and to hold fast to the grace that God has given me that I might walk with the Lord in all the fruit of his Spirit.

I have always been a KJV user but I no longer argue the issue. In my formative years I had to separate myself from a co-worker who had taken it upon himself to 'oversee' my growth in the Lord. It's a long and painful story but when he decided to switch over to the NIV (this was around 1978 or '79) he pressured me so hard to switch over that I had to disfellowship him. There were many other issues as well. But he did force me to look into the matter of which translation to use. I came to the conclusion that there were only two translations of the bible: the KJV and all the others. And I told him so.

I also had a little epiphany experience with the Lord that really gave me the impetus to go through the slug-fest that I was about to go through. The co-worker was joined with other believers at work so I had to deal with them in their order on the KJV issue as well as other issues. They were all 'spirit filled' charismatics.

But the net result of it all was that the Lord separated me from them and the charismatic church my wife and I were attending; and took me out into the wilderness and gave me a greater revelation concerning the KJV translation and the gospel of Christ.

This is my life's work spanning over thirty years. My ministry heralds the reconstruction of The Declaration Of The Apostles and the restoration of The Gospel Of Christ.

(…after posting my bio I will find the proper forum to post my ministry, "Concerning The Restoration Of The Gospel Of Christ")

wgp

• Members

Wow, it's not everyday we get someone's rundown on the derivation of their name and synopsis as to their family's wanderings, especially a first post. I'm sure you will be a verbose and passionate member. Welcome to the board.

• Members

Welcome aboard.

Jude 3, "Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort [you] that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints."

Gal. 1:9, "As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."

Edited by Rick Schworer

• Members

Introducing Wm. Pinard

My name is William Pinard. My last name is french/latin. In French 'pinar' is a common word for wine; the wine that lays in the barrel just below the spigot.

In Latin, a 'pinar' was the lowest denomination coin minted by Rome, a 1/4 penny made of copper.

My forefathers immigrated from French Quebec before and then after the civil war to San Jose, CA. So I'm at least a fifth generation Californian. But they all seemed to have drinking prOBlems; or other excuses for failure. Catholic by birth was as close as they got to God as far as I can tell. Hope I'm wrong.

I left home in a spiritual sense when I was twelve years old; asked God to come into my life, put my life back together early summer 1976 at the age of thirty-two.

I'm a common man whose only strength is to be faithful in what the Lord has revealed to me; to persevere under hardships that afflict any natural man; and to hold fast to the grace that God has given me that I might walk with the Lord in all the fruit of his Spirit.

I have always been a KJV user but I no longer argue the issue. In my formative years I had to separate myself from a co-worker who had taken it upon himself to 'oversee' my growth in the Lord. It's a long and painful story but when he decided to switch over to the NIV (this was around 1978 or '79) he pressured me so hard to switch over that I had to disfellowship him. There were many other issues as well. But he did force me to look into the matter of which translation to use. I came to the conclusion that there were only two translations of the bible: the KJV and all the others. And I told him so.

I also had a little epiphany experience with the Lord that really gave me the impetus to go through the slug-fest that I was about to go through. The co-worker was joined with other believers at work so I had to deal with them in their order on the KJV issue as well as other issues. They were all 'spirit filled' charismatics.

But the net result of it all was that the Lord separated me from them and the charismatic church my wife and I were attending; and took me out into the wilderness and gave me a greater revelation concerning the KJV translation and the gospel of Christ.

This is my life's work spanning over thirty years. My ministry heralds the reconstruction of The Declaration Of The Apostles and the restoration of The Gospel Of Christ.

(…after posting my bio I will find the proper forum to post my ministry, "Concerning The Restoration Of The Gospel Of Christ")

wgp

Welcome!
Sounds like those folks of which you speak, were filled with the wrong "spirit!"
BTW, I like the term, "Disfellowship!"

• Members

Welcome aboard.

Jude 23, "Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort [you] that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints."

Gal. 1:9, "As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."

Um, Rick, shouldn't that first Passage be, Jude 3?