• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Dealing with rejectors.

• Members

What is the purpose of the woman? What was the woman created for? Let me tell you, it was not for her to be "single". Nowhere in 1 Cor 7 does it say that it is OK to never marry. It is ok to be a widow, and it is ok to be single for some time and focus your attention on serving the Lord.

Also pay attention to the following verse:

6But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.

7For I would that all men were even as I myself.

In other words, it is not a commandment to stay "single". In fact 1 Cor 7:1-3 essentially direct people to marry. It is only the following verses that may seem to confirm your theory:
38So then he that giveth her in marriage doeth well; but he that giveth her not in marriage doeth better. 39The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.

Yet, if you read it carefully, it clearly talks of men, not women, staying single.

Remember, every single word of the Bible is important. You cannot ignore one or the other because you don't like the message within. We have to believe ALL and follow ALL!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What is the purpose of the woman? What was the woman created for? Let me tell you, it was not for her to be "single". Nowhere in 1 Cor 7 does it say that it is OK to never marry. It is ok to be a widow, and it is ok to be single for some time and focus your attention on serving the Lord.

Also pay attention to the following verse:

In other words, it is not a commandment to stay "single". In fact 1 Cor 7:1-3 essentially direct people to marry. It is only the following verses that may seem to confirm your theory:

Yet, if you read it carefully, it clearly talks of men, not women, staying single.

Remember, every single word of the Bible is important. You cannot ignore one or the other because you don't like the message within. We have to believe ALL and follow ALL!

Wow Thomas! You kinda keep over looking these verses in chapter 7 of 1 Corinthians.

28But and if thou marry, thou hast not sinned; and if a virgin marry, she hath not sinned. Nevertheless such shall have trouble in the flesh: but I spare you.

34There is difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband.

35And this I speak for your own profit; not that I may cast a snare upon you, but for that which is comely, and that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction.

36But if any man think that he behaveth himself uncomely toward his virgin, if she pass the flower of her age, and need so require, let him do what he will, he sinneth not: let them marry.

37Nevertheless he that standeth stedfast in his heart, having no necessity, but hath power over his own will, and hath so decreed in his heart that he will keep his virgin, doeth well.

38So then he that giveth her in marriage doeth well; but he that giveth her not in marriage doeth better.

Paul specifically says neither sins if they don't marry. So Paul having permission of God isn't good enough? A virgin cares for the Lord. I think the Lord is more important than a husband. Don't you think? Read on the virgin that is kept doeth better than one that marries. It isn't just the man, that is both of them. Remember you said every single word is important.

• Members

If a woman cannot have children, it is because of her transgressions! If a woman truly believes, she will be forgiven, and will be able to get a husband and to have children. How old was Sarah when Isaac was born? All a woman has to do is to truly believe. Jesus heals and Jesus provides for his faithful! Praise!

SO, all I have to do is believe and I will have kids? I can tell you one thing and one thing only, no matter what I believe I will never have kids because I am sterile. I am not sterile because of my transgressions, my mother took a medicine that made me sterile before I was born. Therefore, you are REBUKED! :th_tiphat:

• Administrators

SO, all I have to do is believe and I will have kids? I can tell you one thing and one thing only, no matter what I believe I will never have kids because I am sterile. I am not sterile because of my transgressions, my mother took a medicine that made me sterile before I was born. Therefore, you are REBUKED! :th_tiphat:

Rest easy - he' pushing strange doctrine with this. Salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ - for anyone, male or female. Adding anything to the fact that the blood of Jesus Christ is what forgives sins is legalism and is not scriptural...no matter how vehement or blowhardy someone is to the opposite.

• Members

SO, all I have to do is believe and I will have kids? I can tell you one thing and one thing only, no matter what I believe I will never have kids because I am sterile.

Jesus heals. Your refusal to believe and ask Him in prayer to heal you is well evidenced in your posts above. Repent!

• Members

If she isn't saved, she does need to repent. But at least she's not peddling false doctrine and proclaiming it gospel...

Which makes me question why he is still posting here after all this time. He's OBviously here only to push is warped views. Ruckmanites and others have been booted for much less than the wickedness this guy espouses. He's preaching a false gospel, which is no gospel at all. Even after being shown time and again how wrong he is, he continues in unabated pride to denounce others and preach his false gospel. All this and the advocating of husbands beating their wives for the good of the family.

Seriously, why is he allowed to continue to spew his false gospel? (Not directed at you LuAnne, but to anyone who cares to answer or who could but hasn't given him the boot)

• Members

Which makes me question why he is still posting here after all this time. He's OBviously here only to push is warped views. Ruckmanites and others have been booted for much less than the wickedness this guy espouses. He's preaching a false gospel, which is no gospel at all. Even after being shown time and again how wrong he is, he continues in unabated pride to denounce others and preach his false gospel. All this and the advocating of husbands beating their wives for the good of the family.

Seriously, why is he allowed to continue to spew his false gospel? (Not directed at you LuAnne, but to anyone who cares to answer or who could but hasn't given him the boot)

:amen: Thank you, Brother! I said much the same thing a couple of days ago. He has espoused his heresy and is continuing to do so. To say that anyone must add something other than accepting Christ for salvation is a false gospel and should be treated as such.

Galatians 1:8-9
'But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
'As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.'

In Christ,
PreacherE

• Members

Jesus heals. Your refusal to believe and ask Him in prayer to heal you is well evidenced in your posts above. Repent!

Hmmm... no thanks :thumb: If the Norns deemed me not to have kids then so be it. I just don't see how or why your God would make me able to have kids against all medicale possibilities. If something happens, wasn't it planned by him long before anything existed? Edited by WandererofGinnungigap

• Members

Hmmm... no thanks :thumb: If the Norns deemed me not to have kids then so be it.

Well, you have only yourself to blame for your hellbound condition then! I don't know what "Norns" is, but I surely do trust Jesus over it, and over any doctor out there.
Psalm 91:10

• Members

The false gospel is your and your cohorts' rejection of 1 Tim 2:15 in favor of some dogma you have learned. Bible does not contradict itself, and there is nothing wrong with preaching the truth of such Biblical verses. What's wrong is allowing women, these second-class citizens, an equal status to men, as well as allowing these sisters of Eve to voice their opinions of the scriptural context of the Bible. Such is not their role. They are to listen, believe, ask their husbands for clarification if they don't understand something, keep the house, raise children, cook, clean, and iron their husbands' socks! Edited by ThomasCooper

• Members

Well, you have only yourself to blame for your hellbound condition then! I don't know what "Norns" is, but I surely do trust Jesus over it, and over any doctor out there.
Psalm 91:10

The Norns are the keepers of fate in my beliefs. Another funny thing is, there is no reason to blame anyone for me going to Hel. That's because in my religion almost everyone does. And guess what? it's not a bad place. :bleh:

Seeing as how I do not have a bible nor do I plan on getting one, your scripture posting is useless and matters nothing to me. Try using logic, it helps a bit more. B)

Also, just curious, the bible somehow says that women are nothing but, creatures made to wait hand and foot on their powerful, all-mighty husbands? If man is so great, then why do they need us to do their clothes and make their food and clean their homes and raise their children? It a man is so great, then he can work and do those things on their own. Now, don't get me wrong, I would love to pamper my husband but, I will not be seen as a lesser being for wanting to make him happy. <_<

Was also curious to know how you would react if I told you that I was about to become a holy woman and a leader of my chapter? This would put me in a position to control and teach men and woman of any age. Suppose that goes against the bible in some way seeing as how I'll be above a man. Care to explain how it's bad though? :saint2:

btw, I think you've got a bit of a typo in your post sir. :th_tiphat: Edited by WandererofGinnungigap

• Members

The false gospel is your and your cohorts' rejection of 1 Tim 2:15 in favor of some dogma you have learned. Bible does not contradict itself, and there is nothing wrong with preaching the truth of such Biblical verses. What's wrong is allowing women, these second-class citizens, and equal status to men, as well as allowing these sisters of Eve to voice their opinions of the scriptural context of the Bible. Such is not their role. They are to listen, believe, ask their husbands for clarification if they don't understand something, keep the house, raise children, cool, clean, and iron their husbands' socks!

Thomas, Thomas, Thomas, Thomas! I think you need to reread your Bible. I am still waiting for an answer about what Kleptes wrote WHO IS A MALE so you can answer him. I mean afterall males are superior, so he is on your level. I know you have already prOBably deemed me and many women on this board satanists, but I think you will be surprised that many of us will in fact be in heaven. Jesus may even be telling a few of us well done though good and faithful servant. That is what we should strive for.

• Members

Thomas, Thomas, Thomas, Thomas! I think you need to reread your Bible. I am still waiting for an answer about what Kleptes wrote WHO IS A MALE so you can answer him. I mean afterall males are superior, so he is on your level. I know you have already prOBably deemed me and many women on this board satanists, but I think you will be surprised that many of us will in fact be in heaven. Jesus may even be telling a few of us well done though good and faithful servant. That is what we should strive for.

Which post did I not address?