• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Deuteronomy 22:5

• Members

Actually what was happening was that women were donning men's armor and men were donning women's clothing as they prepared to worship in their temple...

IF the subject of the verse is man's armor; how does this verse relate to women wearing pants?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

IF the subject of the verse is man's armor; how does this verse relate to women wearing pants?

Already been answered and misapplied by you in previous posts. We are temples of the Holy Spirit. Putting on that which pertains to a man (or vice versa) is not being holy, as we are commanded to be. Believe it or not, God was smart enough to know that cultures would wear different clothing. In America pants pertain to men. Even the lost know that. Which is the basis for the reasoning behind men who are now pushing for society to accept men wearing skirts. Society accepted women wearing pants, and is in the process of accepting men wearing skirts. That's abomination to God. Interestingly enough, Christian men who are okay with women wearing pants vehemently proclaim against men wearing skirts....and yet, not so very many years ago lost society opposed women wearing pants.

• Administrators

7 pages isn't really that long - should we limit the pages of threads because some don't think the topic should take more than a couple of pages? Hmmm - there are some topics I think should be limited to one page...but I'm glad that's not the way things are. :coolsmiley:

• Members
In America pants pertain to men. Even the lost know that. Which is the basis for the reasoning behind men who are now pushing for society to accept men wearing skirts. Society accepted women wearing pants, and is in the process of accepting men wearing skirts.

Happy, I think this really isn't a valid point. While people make a big deal about homosexuality, the truth is it's about less than 4% of our population that is gay. This "movement" to try and get men to wear skirts is far less than that. Society is not in the process of accepting skirts on guys. There have always been and always will be a few weirdos here and there no matter what. Two people in a room of 10,000 that nOBody listens to doesn't constitute a movement and certainly isn't society in the process of accepting skirts. Edited by Rick Schworer

• Members

7 pages isn't really that long - should we limit the pages of threads because some don't think the topic should take more than a couple of pages? Hmmm - there are some topics I think should be limited to one page...but I'm glad that's not the way things are. :coolsmiley:

I wasn't suggesting limiting the thread at all. I'm just surprised that this has gone so long.

• Members

Already been answered and misapplied by you in previous posts. We are temples of the Holy Spirit. Putting on that which pertains to a man (or vice versa) is not being holy, as we are commanded to be. Believe it or not, God was smart enough to know that cultures would wear different clothing. In America pants pertain to men. Even the lost know that. Which is the basis for the reasoning behind men who are now pushing for society to accept men wearing skirts. Society accepted women wearing pants, and is in the process of accepting men wearing skirts. That's abomination to God. Interestingly enough, Christian men who are okay with women wearing pants vehemently proclaim against men wearing skirts....and yet, not so very many years ago lost society opposed women wearing pants.

Some good points here. God's Word applies to everyone today just as it applied to everyone back then and in between. God was well aware of different clothing styles around the world past, present and future.

If one wishes, they can go back and follow the whole women wearing pants debate from its beginning and learn just what this is all about. The 1930s and '40s is when the real push to "masculinize" women hit hard. Hollywood was a major factor in this as liberals, feminists and various anti-Christians were involved. Hollywoods leading "ladies" were specifically put forth in films wearing pants and men's suits. They were billed as modern women proving they were as good as men, could act like men, were not bound to tradition or outdated religion, etc.

Reading the feminist writings during this time is very enlightening as are sermons which addressed this issue back then.

Women wearing pants didn't just happen, there was a specific push to attack Christianity and promote radical feminism, and part of this battle involved getting women to stop dressing and acting like women. The means was to get women to dress like men and act more like men. Along with the drive to get women to dress like men also came drive to get women to drink liquor and smoke cigarettes too in order to show women are just like men, equal to men, can do what men can do, etc.

This issue is a part of a much larger spiritual battle that most professing Christians have given up fighting. In fact, most professing Christians have surrendered and joined the enemy in this area.

• Administrators

Happy, I think this really isn't a valid point. While people make a big deal about homosexuality, the truth is it's about less than 4% of our population that is gay. This "movement" to try and get men to wear skirts is far less than that. Society is not in the process of accepting skirts on guys. There have always been and always will be a few weirdos here and there no matter what. Two people in a room of 10,000 that nOBody listens to doesn't constitute a movement and certainly isn't society in the process of accepting skirts.

Actually, it is a very valid post. There are several groups of men who are not gay who are pushing for it to be acceptable for men to wear skirts. I don't know where you get your stats re: what percentage are gay in the US. It may be accurate, but I think it's more than that, personally.

Two people in a room of 10,000? It's more than that, Rick. Do some research into it, and I think you may be surprised. It is a movement, and it is going to change society. Just think: all those years ago there were people who said that pants on women would never happen...

• Administrators

Since those women who wear pants are ungodly.....there may be seven more pages!!!!!

And you're adding to those pages...Only one person called Christian women who wear pants ungodly regardless...perhaps you should be careful to be more accurate in your statements.

• Members

Actually, it is a very valid post. There are several groups of men who are not gay who are pushing for it to be acceptable for men to wear skirts. I don't know where you get your stats re: what percentage are gay in the US. It may be accurate, but I think it's more than that, personally.

Two people in a room of 10,000? It's more than that, Rick. Do some research into it, and I think you may be surprised. It is a movement, and it is going to change society. Just think: all those years ago there were people who said that pants on women would never happen...

I don't know where Rick got his stats but the stats which calculate the percentage of homosexuals that arrive at that or a similar percentage only take into account those who are purely homosexual (meaning they are 100% homosexual all the time). Bisexuals, those who experiment from time-to-time, those who go straight for awhile and homosexual at other times, none of these are counted.

When anyone who engages in homosexuality in any manner are counted (this includes not only "full time" homosexuals, but also bisexuals, experimenters, etc.) the percentage is usually around 10-12% if I recall correctly. Homosexual activists typically use this counting and both homosexual activists and those who oppose homosexuality believe this figure is actually low because of the number of people unwilling to admit to such.

• Members

Gallup put the homosexual population at 10%, the 2000 U.S. Census Bureau says less than 1% of American households, the family research report puts it at 2-3% population, and the The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force puts it at 3-8% population.

I couldn't find any info on the percentage of the popluation that's into femulate, so I assume it's far less. I do admit that 2 in 10,000 was prOBably an underexageration (is that even a word?). It's prOBably more like 100 in 10,000. Edited by Rick Schworer