• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Deuteronomy 22:5

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Back last year, our pastor preached a series on Clarifying The Confusion About Christian Clothes! I wish I had those cds here, but I don't. If the files are still on the computer at church, I'll see about getting the cds and putting the series on my site!

I just wanted to point something out that I believe is monumental. It has nothing to do with the subject matter though.

After nearly 650 posts OFIB has managed here to slip in something other then a exclamation mark (!) or a question mark (?)! We should all take note of this and mark it on the calendar.

:th_laugh1:

I'm just having fun with you brother, I hope you don't mind! God bless you and your precious little one, I'm looking forward to when you can post a picture of her! :)

• Members

Oh and BTW, IMHO, I know no "godly" ladies who ware pants! They may be saved, but (if you'll pardon the pun,) they sure as the world, aren't godly!

Someone once said, “Major on the majors, and minor on the minors.” It's always best the put the same emphasis on something that the Bible does instead of jumping to irrational and overly judgmental conclusions that have no real biblical support.

• Members

I just wanted to point something out that I believe is monumental. It has nothing to do with the subject matter though.

After nearly 650 posts OFIB has managed here to slip in something other then a exclamation mark (!) or a question mark (?)! We should all take note of this and mark it on the calendar.

I'm just having fun with you brother, I hope you don't mind! God bless you and your precious little one, I'm looking forward to when you can post a picture of her! :)

That's alright, you Yankee! LOL I've gotten that, before!

• Members

That's alright, you Yankee! LOL I've gotten that, before!

Yankee?! I lived in Georgia for three years as a kid!

I was born in Vegas though... so I guess you're right.

You know what I always say to folks who tell me the south will rise again? I say, "Yes, and we will beat them again..." :D

• Members

AMEN, BROTHER!

Oh, wait, that's OFIB's jOB :bleh:

• Members

BroK, that's an excellent example of dodging! Ever thought of becoming an "Evangelist?" Sounds like you'd fit in with most so-called "Evangelists" I know and how they don't have an opinion on anything, so they can get more meetings!

Dodging What?? Simply stating that when God says 'Thou shall not'; He means 'Thou shall not'.
Becoming an Evangelist?? I thought we all have the responsibility of proclaiming God's word.
"I know and how they don't have an opinion of anything" ???? I've never met anyone who doesn't have opinions!!!!! I've just learned to keep most of mine to myself.
Hope to see you in Sept.

• Members

There is a word in Deuteronomy 22:5 that reveals what was meant when the commandment was given for a woman not to wear that which 'pertaineth' to a man.

k@liy kel-ee'
from 3615; something prepared, i.e. any apparatus (as an implement, utensil, dress, vessel or weapon):--armour ((-bearer)), artillery, bag, carriage, + furnish, furniture, instrument, jewel, that is made of, X one from another, that which pertaineth, pot, + psaltery, sack, stuff, thing, tool, vessel, ware, weapon, + whatsoever.

It appears to me that the word 'pertaineth' indicated that the women were putting on battle armor in order to play the part of a man in order to be able to go to war.

• Administrators

There is a word in Deuteronomy 22:5 that reveals what was meant when the commandment was given for a woman not to wear that which 'pertaineth' to a man.

It appears to me that the word 'pertaineth' indicated that the women were putting on battle armor in order to play the part of a man in order to be able to go to war.

Actually what was happening was that women were donning men's armor and men were donning women's clothing as they prepared to worship in their temple...