• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Discussion Topic - Does God Love Everybody?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes, or no? What do the Scriptures say?
God bless,
Joel ><>.
2 Chronicles 7:14.

Yes...John 3:16 and II Peter 3:9

Ref to II Chronicles 7:14; This is a promise given to Israel and which in-part we can apply to our christian walk. I don't see "will heal their land" as being applicable for today; since we don't have a 'land' here on earth. We should be looking for that city "not made with hands".

Another question along this line would be "Will God Love Everybody".

• Members

Yes, yet I think there will come a time when the lost people will not feel as if God ever loved them, of course that is wne they are judged at the great white throne and cast into the lake of fire..

I don't know, I think they will be well aware of God's love and realize right away their mistake in not accepting His free gift of salvation. Edited by DennisDurty

• Members

I don't know, I think they will be well aware of God's love and realize right away their mistake in not accepting His free gift of salvation.

I think they will be aware of the love they could have had but that love will be gone from them and likely they will long for it as they recall over and over again all the opportunities they had to come to Christ; all the times God, in His love, tried to draw them to Him.

• Members

God doesn't love those in Hell. This is another terrifying thing about Hell. There's no love outside of Jesus Christ.

Ps. 2:1-5, "Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
[2] The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
[3] Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
[4] He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
[5] Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure."

• Members

Here's one I've had trouble getting. How can God love the lost man but have His wrath abiding on Him? I've heard people say that God loved the world at Calvary, but that God does not love a man who is in his sins. That's doesn't sit right with me.

John 3:36, "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

• Members

I don't know, I think they will be well aware of God's love and realize right away their mistake in not accepting His free gift of salvation.

I disagree with your opinion on this matter, and this is why, does this sound like a people who think God loves them? To me it sounds like a people who are mad, very angry, and disagree 100% with God.

Mt 13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Mt 13:50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Mt 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Lu 13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and JacOB, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

It sound like a people who think they did everything correctly and God did not give them what they deserve.

Opinions can be good, yet they need to be based on Holy Scriptures.

• Members

I disagree with your opinion on this matter, and this is why, does this sound like a people who think God loves them? To me it sounds like a people who are mad, very angry, and disagree 100% with God.

Mt 13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Mt 13:50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Mt 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Lu 13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and JacOB, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

It sound like a people who think they did everything correctly and God did not give them what they deserve.

I don't see where any of that scriptures says they won't know God's love.

Let's take this example, once an atheist dies and then is sitting at the jugement seat and says "Oh junk, I was so wrong..." does that not bring about weeping and wailing because of how wrong they were and don't you think at that point they will have realized the huge mistake they have made and know that God loved them by sending His son to die for them? I think at that point, they will know of His love and how they will be eternally separated from that love.

• Members

Just wanted to add, it seems to me I can use those same verses to backup my opinion but I'm not as seasoned in the word.

Wailing, weeping and gnashing of teeth are all things someone would do when they are sad, in pain, frustrated, etc. Could they be sad, in pain, frustrated because they believe God doesn't love them? Sure, I concede that is possible. But, is it also possible they it's because once they've died they learned of their mistake of not accepting that free gift of salvation and now know that God's love/mercy/pardon was always there for them to accept but they rejected it. And now, they are sad, in pain, frustrated in hell because of their choice and because they are now eternally separated from God's love?

Does that possibility just not exist at all?

• Members

It proves they totally disagree with the Jesus judgment. It proves they're extremely angry at Him. If they love Him, they would not act this way, they would bow down saying, 'Be merciful to me a sinner,' and would have confessed and accepter Jesus as Savior. Thse people did not trust and OBey.

But they do this not, they want Jesus to accept them just as they are, because he want they try in their own way to strike back at Him.

Remember, these are lost people, these are people who are being sent to the lake of fire, where they shall forever abide suffering the punishment that Jesus sees fit for them.

• Members

(Psalms 5:5-6) - "The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity. {6} Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man."

(Psalms 11:5) - "The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth."

(Proverbs 3:32) - "For the froward is abomination to the LORD: but his secret is with the righteous."

(Proverbs 6:16-19) - "These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: {17} A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, {18} An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, {19} A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren."

These are just some of the Scriptures that speak on this subject.

By the way: I didn't believe in love the sinner, hate the sin even BEFORE I believed in Sovereign Grace.
God bless,
Joel ><>.
2 Chronicles 7:14.

• Members

They're gnashing their teeth and crying because they're in extreme anguish, deep regret and excruciating torment. Did the rich man in Hell get mad and blame God? No, he realized he should have repented....
Luke 16:19-31