• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Day I Changed- Salvation happened to me

Guest Guest

• Members

All of I Corinthians 14 is dealing with how the Corinthians were to act within the church. The "unknown" tongues in 1 Corinthians 14:2 would only be tongues unknown to the hearers within that church. If Swahili was spoken within most Baptist churches in America it would be an unknown tongue and no man would understand it, but it would still be a real language.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reading this topic i want to know more about this what june typed

I received the Holy Ghost and spoke in another language, just like the 120 did on the Day of Pentecost in Acts the 2nd chapter. It was really wonderful... experiencing the Supernatural God for myself. Just like the 39th verse it is for us today as it was for them in Acts 2nd Chapter.

Where is that church? is that what you feel i read Acts 2 and it made me cry. I think that something happen to me could i be saved

In reading this topic i want to know more about this what june typed

I received the Holy Ghost and spoke in another language, just like the 120 did on the Day of Pentecost in Acts the 2nd chapter. It was really wonderful... experiencing the Supernatural God for myself. Just like the 39th verse it is for us today as it was for them in Acts 2nd Chapter.

Where is that church? is that what you feel i read Acts 2 and it made me cry. I think that something happen to me could i be saved

I thought several of your posts sounded suspicious so I did a little bit of a search on you. I found your IP address is from the very same area as the user June. Almost exactly the same IP address, only 11 points between the two. :bonk: I then looked at your e-mail address you needed to register here and "junia" was part of the name. You also joined the same day "June" departed. What do you know about that. :bonk:

You either are June or are related to her while all the while falsely pretending to be a genuine seeker on our board. You know, you are a pretty poor reflection on your apostolic church, being a sneak like that. That kind of sneaky, dishonest behavior shows others exactly what kind of spirit is working in you doesn't it.

Goodby... again... :Green

• Members

I thought several of your posts sounded suspicious so I did a little bit of a search on you. I found your IP address is from the very same area as the user June. Almost exactly the same IP address, only 11 points between the two. :bonk: I then looked at your e-mail address you needed to register here and "junia" was part of the name. You also joined the same day "June" departed. What do you know about that. :bonk:

You either are June or are related to her while all the while falsely pretending to be a genuine seeker on our board. You know, you are a pretty poor reflection on your apostolic church, being a sneak like that. That kind of sneaky, dishonest behavior shows others exactly what kind of spirit is working in you doesn't it.

Goodby... again... :Green

Please don't kick "june lovejoy" out; I want to hear his/her reason for LYING and deception.

Please don't kick "june lovejoy" out; I want to hear his/her reason for LYING and deception.

To late, I already did, who knows though, perhaps him/her will join again under yet another name pretending to be a disinterested third party and chastise us for not listening to the "spirit" and for "persecuting" "june lovejoy". :lol:

• Members

I agree. It is a private matter and not something to go boasting about to everyone you meet. Paul spoke of two forms of tongues. One form was in his prayers, where the Spirit took control and prayed on his behalf. He didn't understand because his Spirit prayed, so his understanding was "unfruitful." This wasn't a foreign language because it wasn't for any other person's benefit. It was the language of the Holy Spirit, whatever that may be.

I also agree with you and Paul when he said that all things should be done to edifying. That means that when the church is gathered together, there must be an interpreter if tongues are used, as Paul said. Tongues were used for communicating in a language not known to you for the purpose of communicating the Word of God to foreign peoples and they were used for praying in the Spirit in the Bible and today.

• Members
One form was in his prayers' date=' where the Spirit took control and prayed on his behalf. He didn't understand because his Spirit prayed,...[/quote']

Just so we're clear here, you're not saying that Paul was in some way channeling the Holy Spirit, right? In the Bible, the word "spirit" is not capitalized.

In context, verse 14 is not an endorsement, if you will, of speaking or praying in tongues. It is making the point that if one prays in tongues without understanding, it is unfruitful. Verse 15-19 then gives Paul's "endorsement"(as inspired by the Holy Spirit) of how the subject should be approached: understanding, and the potential fruit, is to be regarded more highly than any form of tongues. :thumb

• Members

I agree that praying with the understanding and with the spirit is important but Paul doesn't make praying in tongues out to be a bad thing. What do you think he meant by praying in the "spirit(lower case)?" Do you think it was praying with his emotions and heart? That perhaps out of his emotions, he uttered in an unknown language what was in his heart?

• Members

It is hard to argue with the christian mystics who go by their heart and their wild and fantastical experiences. Most people want to believe their feelings more than the word of God. Jer. 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

• Members
It is hard to argue with the christian mystics who go by their heart and their wild and fantastical experiences. Most people want to believe their feelings more than the word of God. Jer. 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

I agree, though I think it's much broader than fantastical experiences. I think that there are a LOT of people who would rather go by their heart or mind than put Scripture first. That could apply to meaningless traditions, denominational doctrines, personal opinions or desires, etc.

• Members

That is true, traditions, rituals, doctrines that aren't biblical and anything that doesn't line up with scripture is wrong and most of the time heretical. I will throw in the whole charismatic movement. It isn't just pentecostals, apostolics, and other name it claim it word of faith types that believe in nonsensical mystic teaching, but there are many baptists who go for this stuff also. The bible talks about witchcraft and soothsaying and false signs and wonders. These things will be rampant in the end times. So to close, all teachings that teach in faith in man and listening to man more than the word is error. All christian denoms are wrong when they go by these things instead of the bible.

• Members

In order for there to be false signs and wonders, there must be true ones. The forces of evil are not the only workers of the supernatural. God is much more powerful than Satan and has just as much ability, as He said in His Word, to do signs and wonders in history and in modern times.

So to close, all teachings that teach in faith in man and listening to man more than the word is error. All christian denoms are wrong when they go by these things instead of the bible.

I agree 100%! :thumb