• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

favorite Evangelists

• Moderators

I went to Tri-County Baptist Temple, pastored by Homer Smith, for three years as a teenager, and every Lee Roberson came to preach. He energy and zeal for souls influenced me, and I liked how he started preaching before he got to the platform. In Bible college, I tried doing that in our "Prep and Deliver of Sermons" class and was told not too. Oh well!

Sam Gipp is a big time hero of mine. I've known him as far back as I can think, he has a great testimony and his ministry is to be "a friend to churches". He is a very strong KJV supporter and was on the John Ankerberg Show defending it from the likes of James White and company.

Here's a link to some of his preaching and teaching: Sam Gipp

When were you @ Tri-County?? Bro. Homer was my pastor - I headed up the youth, David St.John was Bible Institute Director.

• Members

Even though I have not heard him for many years, Evangelist Dan Souza is still my favorite. Nothing like hearing someone preach who lives the life of a true servant.
Evangelist Richard Harper - I have heard quite a bit in the last few years and really enjoy his preaching.

Wow, I expect that you just got many brownie points from the owner of this forum.

• Administrators

Even though I have not heard him for many years, Evangelist Dan Souza is still my favorite. Nothing like hearing someone preach who lives the life of a true servant.

I bet you I have heard him preach more times than you? :bleh:
FYI: If you have not figured it out yet, he is my dad.

• Members

So your a Ruckman? Sad, so sad. No wonder you think this is a ghost town of stuffed shirts.

So I'm a "Ruckman" because he was the first one to open my eyes to the KJV? Brilliant reasoning, friend. You must be the same man who accused Jack Hyles of being a "Ruckmanite".

And yes, this board is nothing like it used to be.

• Members

I bet you I have heard him preach more times than you? :bleh:
FYI: If you have not figured it out yet, he is my dad.

I probably knew that when I first signed up, but I don't come here as often as I should. Always enjoyed hearing him preach when we lived in New England and even remember having the family over to eat a few times.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Yuck. Hyper-dispensationalist, KJV Cultist, One of Ruckman's stooges. Avoid, I'd say. met him once; was not impressed with his attitude.

lol Sam Gipp is not a Hyper-dispensationalist. I don't think you know what one is if you think that. And to call him a "cultist" and a "stooge" is pretty irresponsible for a Christian if you ask me.

• Members

lol Sam Gipp is not a Hyper-dispensationalist. I don't think you know what one is if you think that. And to call him a "cultist" and a "stooge" is pretty irresponsible for a Christian if you ask me.

Truth hurts? Anyone who's a student of Ruckman is a KJV cultist. Period, end of story.

• 3 months later...