• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

favorite Evangelists

• Members

I've heard Dave McCracken many times - love his preaching and his messages, but his antics can get a little over the top sometimes.

Myself, I'd rather hear a Bible message, without all the jokes and antics that a lot of people call "preaching," now-a-days! Thanks for the reply! Oh and BTW, check out my site, for some great Bible messages! The best ones, are not by me, but if you want to hear me preach, go ahead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Before Jack Tripp was an evangelist he pastored my church(before my time, and before my dad got back into church), but since then my dad has learned alot from the revival services of him and if my dad was there chances are I was to. My dad loved picking his brain. You talk about a man that knows his Bible it is definitely Jack Tripp.

• Members

Before Jack Tripp was an evangelist he pastored my church(before my time, and before my dad got back into church), but since then my dad has learned alot from the revival services of him and if my dad was there chances are I was to. My dad loved picking his brain. You talk about a man that knows his Bible it is definitely Jack Tripp.

Just curious, what church was that?

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Evangelist Joe Boyd greatly influenced my life. I had the privilege of working at the camp he started, and also as his secretary.

Brother Joe has graduated. About 5 years ago he was in Campeche, Mexico (big Sword of the Lord Conf - about 3,000 in attendance)
A pastor friend of mine was translating him, and somewhere in the middle of an illustration he got lost (my friend is a Mexican pastor who is pretty good in English). He got confused, stopped brother Joe and asked me what was he (Joe) talking about. It was during a session in the morning, about 150 pastors. I said, go on brother, it doesn't matter, you're doing fine...
But my dear friend was so nervous he couldn't go on. I was asked to translate for Joe Boyd. I was with him for the rest of the Conference and had without doubt one of the highlights of my christian life. I was allowed the privilege to translate for a living legend of the modern IFB movement. Amen. It was cool.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Another one for Dr. Roberson! The LORD used him over the years, to influence many people!
Who's Sam Gipp? I know I've seen him up here, but I have absolutely no idea, who he is! Just curious!

Sam Gipp
Hear him preach a couple of times good preaching, writes a lot, King James Bible all the way.
Friend of the Church Ministries http://samgipp.com/ Edited by Bro Jim

• Members

Brother Joe has graduated. About 5 years ago he was in Campeche, Mexico (big Sword of the Lord Conf - about 3,000 in attendance)
A pastor friend of mine was translating him, and somewhere in the middle of an illustration he got lost (my friend is a Mexican pastor who is pretty good in English). He got confused, stopped brother Joe and asked me what was he (Joe) talking about. It was during a session in the morning, about 150 pastors. I said, go on brother, it doesn't matter, you're doing fine...
But my dear friend was so nervous he couldn't go on. I was asked to translate for Joe Boyd. I was with him for the rest of the Conference and had without doubt one of the highlights of my christian life. I was allowed the privilege to translate for a living legend of the modern IFB movement. Amen. It was cool.

Bless your friend's heart, but, what a story! Thanks for the reply!

• Members

Sam Gipp
Hear him preach a couple of times good preaching, writes a lot, King James Bible all the way.
Friend of the Church Ministries http://samgipp.com/

Thanks for the reply/link! Found a couple of his messages on another site, but, haven't sat down and listened to them yet! Reckon I've been just too busy, with other stuff!

• 5 months later...
  • Members

I've read many of John Rice's small booklets, and sermons, never heard him on tape.

In another thread I posted a link to YouTube where they have a sermon of his on the Christian family. The Sermon is posted in five 10-minute clips.

• Members

Sam Gipp
Friend of the Church Ministries http://samgipp.com/

Thanks for the info. I haven't looked at his site in a while, so it may be time again. So far, the only audio messages I've been able to find of him, are verry poor quality.