• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Jeb Bush Signals He's Poised to Run

• Members
I think We should vote for someone else. I do not need a Bush Royalty kingdom (where one family are all destinated to rule) . I mean' date=' if we keep voting for Bush Family, then the next thing we know it is that they will be raising their family to rule (politicans). As if it is their destiny....But if it is truly their destiny and God-calling for them to get involve in politics, then I suppose it is meant to be.[/quote']
The Rockefeller's, the Kennedy's, the Rodham's, Clinton's, Bush's and a half a dozen other families that are all actively involved in politics are all intermarried in the last 3 or 4 generations. You'd have to wipe the board clean in Washington and start over to get any real political change away from these families. They have been in politics for generations.

C

• Administrators

Just wanted to ask - who did the Bushes intermarry with? I know that Dubya's grandfather got involved in politics, but his dad wasn't until later in life. Their political heritage is a little different from people like the Kennedy's. I didn't know that the Rodham's were political, either. Her dad wasn't involved in politics, was he?

• Members

Just wanted to ask - who did the Bushes intermarry with? I know that Dubya's grandfather got involved in politics, but his dad wasn't until later in life. Their political heritage is a little different from people like the Kennedy's. I didn't know that the Rodham's were political, either. Her dad wasn't involved in politics, was he?

I'll have to find the reference, but I read were either Samuel or Prescott Bush married a Dodge, and she was an in-law of the Rockefellers, Then you can also look at the Bush-Banks connection, the Banks family is married into the Rockefellers and the Kennedys. The Rodhams are cousins to the Kennedy-Shrivers. It gets very intertwined, very fast, and when you look at the connections of these families to the Oil industry, the Railroads, the Steel companies and just about any other major industry of the last century it makes sense why they are all in politics and why they run most of the country. They are either in the fore-front of politics or they own all the major institutions in the country. And at various times one member or another of these families has sat at the head of the Federal Reserve Bank, so that pretty well ties up everything you need to run a country and keep it all in the family.

The Bush's political heritage is directly tied to the Oil industry and the banking industry.

C

• Administrators

I was gonna say that...but...I have never heard of anyone running for VP twice under two different guys...?

She could if he won the nomination and chose her. The scenario I was thinking of the other day was - they both try for the POTUS nomination, and whoever wins chooses the other. Wouldn't that just be neat? :Green

• Members

She could if he won the nomination and chose her. The scenario I was thinking of the other day was - they both try for the POTUS nomination, and whoever wins chooses the other. Wouldn't that just be neat? :Green

I'm so discouraged about the way the primaries are held, that I doubt anybody good can win, the way they have everything rigged these days.

• Administrators

This is true. But if BO messes up sufficiently, he'll be a one-termer, and a lot of people will be looking for someone who embodies a lot of what Reagan was. Palin is a lot like that, and from what I can tell, so is Jindal. The fact that she's a woman and he's of Indian (the country, not native) descent would only help the situation.

Did you hear that she refused a raise? The legislature wants to raise her salary from $125,000 to $150,000. She said no, and that if they do raise it she will give it away. Also, she has set up a 7% spending cut, especially in capital projects, to reflect the loss of revenue from oil prices. That will result in an almost $400 billion surplus. *sigh* If only....

• Members
Jeb Bush Signals He's Poised to Run

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/Jeb_ ... ode=7672-1

So another Bush is coming along.

With the name his brother seems to have made for the Bush name, low popularity, will it be a hindrance for him?

Interesting question. I'm not sure I'm qualified to give a reply...yet. I have to see what the next 4 years are like and I don't know that I'll be here to see that.