• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayer Please

• Members

I'm posting to this forum for a bit more privacy....

Would you all pray for the church here? I've been here for a year and a half now and I've compromised a lot in an attempt to "rebuild" a split and hurting church. I'm putting my foot down on some issues that I just can't allow any longer and I'm receiving resistance from church leadership. I think the next few weeks or months could well determine the direction of this church.

• Members

When I 1st surrendered to preach my pastor told me this. One day you will get a church. When you do you will see some things that need changing. Do so slowly. If you don't they will balk, but if you will go slow, do it over a long period of time, they will be more accepting of it.

I've been at Pleasant Valley sine 2001, and I have found out he told me a great truth.

Prayers.

• Members

It was hard to change the church...but now that its changed, we are finding the hardest thing now is to get people's hearts into the ministry and really love it and be involved. We are always struggling to grow, and to get workers to volunteer to teach or help or whatever. My hub is starting to have a hard time with it. (October will be 8 years here)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I will begin praying for you. Isn't it funny that when McDonald's changes its dollar menu people still go there, but if the Pastor, under God's leadership and direction, changes anything people just grouse and quit? We have certainly weathered many a stormy trial and have found the going very rough. I can tell you amid a very deep trial that has been over an extended period of time, we continue to see God's hand and mercy. My husband always reminds me that one day we will look back and say about these very trying times, "Remember the good old days when God saw that we were fit to endure hardship?" I will definitely add you and your church to my prayer list. God bless you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...