• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hockey Fans

• Members

Isn't that the truth. It is really hard for me to watch hockey on TV, but get me into the Boston Garden for a game and it is a lot of fun.

Last time I watched Hockey was when I lived in Raleigh and the Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup. (I had to go out and buy "Hockey for Dummies.")

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Hey now, on many levels...

First of all, okay I should be mad at the Philly comment but frankly I don't like Philly teams either...ha...I should....but I don't. I like Colts football and that's about it for sports, for me. A few friends here can't comprehend that I don't root for my "local" teams....

Second of all, Soccer is NOT gay, my hub likes it and played it and he is anything but gay... I will admit that watching pro soccer is annoying because the guys fall down and whine and writhe about their boo-boos haha and the announcers are very annoying with the "GOAAAALLLLL GOALLLLLLL" thing they do. BUT not gay. :-)

• Members

I'm glad the Blackhawks won. Anyone but a team from Philly.

but the winning goal was SOOOOO anti-climactic! Seems they were robbed of that "magic moment" when the horn and light failed to go off! Edited by holster

• Members

but the winning goal was SOOOOO anti-climactic! Seems they were robbed of that "magic moment" when the horn and light failed to go off!

They may have been robbed of the moment, but based on the parade and everything I read and hear from the radio, the players and fans are truly enjoying and celebrating the Cup victory.

The last time they won the Cup was 2 days after I was born. The Blackhawks winning the Cup ranks right next to the Cubs winning the World Series (which I'm becoming more convinced that this won't happen in my lifetime).

• 1 year later...