• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What happens to babies during the Rapture?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Interesting you bring this up. I recently read something online touching on this; wish I could remember where I read it.

Anyway, what I was reading pointed out the several Scriptures pointing out that we are born sinners; that sin is in us from the womb.

I'm assuming (if I'm wrong, please correct me) that you are placing the Rapture at the beginning of the Tribulation which would mean there would be seven years to follow after the Tribulation. I've heard some proclaim that babies and young children will be a part of the Rapture. I've also heard some proclaim that babies and young children will remain behind because the Rapture is for Believers only. Some of the young may have the opportunity to come to Christ during the Tribulation. Since even babies are tainted with sin and the Bible is filled with examples of babies dying under the hand of Gods judgement then babies along with all other non-believers will go through the Tribulation.

God is just so whatever the case may be I trust their souls to Him.

• Members

I remain uncommitted in this area, but would like to remind us that during the flood, the babies seem to have went with the parents! perhaps there is something to the parental-child relationship that seals their fate at a very young age. I have often wondered about the "age of accountability" which, in truth, the Bible does not make remains vague as to what happens to the little ones. we know that Christ said "Of such is the kingdom of heaven", but that could be speaking of a child-like faith or spirit of humility that the child portrays. There seems to be very little eviidence either way, as far as I know.

Good topic to discuss Bro Matt.

• Administrators
I'm assuming (if I'm wrong, please correct me) that you are placing the Rapture at the beginning of the Tribulation which would mean there would be seven years to follow after the Tribulation.

Yes, I am. I meant to add that in my original question.

• Members

I've never seen a verse that conclusively states one way or another. However, there are indicators and principles in Scripture that make me believe that if the rapture happened right now my 3 little girls would be up in the clouds with me.

1. Scripture indicates that while babies are sinners, they are not held accountable for it because they haven't reached the age of accountability. Should a baby die, it goes to heaven. The most OBvious example is where David talks about knowing that he will be with his dead son again one day.

2. The "little ones" were allowed to go into the Promised Land.

3. "Suffer the little children to come unto Me."

4. The tribulation is a time of judgment. Why would babies be involved in God's judgment when there is an OBvious way out for them.

5. God is a God of holiness primarily, but you must understand that he is also a kind, loving, gracious, and very merciful God. I believe that God always leans towards mercy before judgment, "For His mercy endureth forever." I believe a merciful God would take the children too.

If He does not take the children, it does not change who He is. He is still a holy, just, righteous, kind, loving, merciful and gracious God.

• Members

God could have made a way out for the babies during the time of the flood, during his judgements upon variouse "ites" in the land of promise as well as during other times as well.

If babies who die automatically go to heaven then if babies remain after the Rapture and they die during the Tribulation they will still go to heaven.

Who do the actual verses speaking of the Rapture say the Rapture is for? Or, who is Christ coming for at the time of the Rapture? Who is called to meet Christ in the air?

• Members

God could have made a way out for the babies during the time of the flood, during his judgements upon variouse "ites" in the land of promise as well as during other times as well.

If babies who die automatically go to heaven then if babies remain after the Rapture and they die during the Tribulation they will still go to heaven.

Who do the actual verses speaking of the Rapture say the Rapture is for? Or, who is Christ coming for at the time of the Rapture? Who is called to meet Christ in the air?

Surely Paul is talking to those that are saved. Good point brought up about the age of accountability. I don't imagine God would leave my one year old here by herself and take the rest of my family.

• Members

Surely Paul is talking to those that are saved. Good point brought up about the age of accountability. I don't imagine God would leave my one year old here by herself and take the rest of my family.

Good aspect to consider!

While the thought of one of our small children being left behind might sound cruel to us we must remember God thinks in terms of eternity.

At the same time we have to consider how many millions of babies and small children have been left without parents and sometimes without any known family at all, over mans time on earth.

Scripture tells us that God cares for widows and orphans so "if" babies and children are not a part of the Rapture and their family is, we can trust that God will rightly care for them.

• Members

Good point to consider, but the parents of those lost people put the children in that situation. They rejected the commandment of God and that put their children in that situation. I'm saved, I OBeyed the commandment to trust Christ, so why would my kids who CAN'T get saved if they wanted to (and Kiera wants to "ask Jesus" and she talks about it all the time, but she has no clue about what sin is) have to slip into the tribulation period?

That's true, if by some reason they go into the tribulation I hope they die a quick and painless death.

The Bible states that those in the rapture are those that are "in Christ", be it physically dead or living. But no where does it say that that list in all inclusive. Old Testament saints, that did not rise when Christ rose, may also go up at that time. It doesn't say.

Consider this John, the rapture is supposed to be our blessed hope. It is mine. Do you think a merciful God would say, "Ok, look forward to the rapture, be excited for it, live for it and pray for it every single day! But that baby of yours in a diaper, well, she's going to starve to death after you disappear, or she'll be stolen and molested and murdered... but still, it's a blessed hope!"

I'm not being sarcastic, at all. If babies aren't raptured, that what we as believers have to think. I really don't believe God is going to let that happen.

• Members

Calvinistically speaking, God has already chosen which infants and babies are saved, so the question would be moot. Biblically speaking, however, when is an infant or baby (or even mentally-retarded adult, for that matter) capable of making a decision for Christ? A baby born immediately after the Rapture woule be just under 7 years old at the end of the Great Tribulation.

• Members

We know what most of us feel that happened to David's baby at death, that he went to heaven. But yet that is a completely different situation than the rapture.

Plus as previously stated, when the flood came, there were no babies on the ark, just 8 souls.

I know of nothing that backs up the thought that babies will be ruptured at Jesus' coming.

• Members

Calvinistically speaking, God has already chosen which infants and babies are saved, so the question would be moot. Biblically speaking, however, when is an infant or baby (or even mentally-retarded adult, for that matter) capable of making a decision for Christ? A baby born immediately after the Rapture woule be just under 7 years old at the end of the Great Tribulation.

I think the concern for me would be if my one year old now did not get saved and she gets to age 6-7 and then bam the rapture happens. By the end of the tribulation she'd be 13-14 which would most likely be well past, generally speaking, the age of accountability. I'd be happy to put my trust in God and like John had said about the widows and orphans it's right to trust God with that. But, my daughter would be raised from 6-7 to 13-14 by whom? Someone that is unsaved, maybe not even a family member. So, my concern aren't the babies born right after but the ones that are part of a saved family that are just getting the point where they might call on Jesus to save them but then poof and then no one is there to guide/lead them.

With all that said, I would hope I could still put my faith in God that He would take care of her and somehow get her to someone else that does eventually get saved in the tribulation.

Very interesting but somewhat sad topic to think about.

• Members

Good point to consider, but the parents of those lost people put the children in that situation. They rejected the commandment of God and that put their children in that situation. I'm saved, I OBeyed the commandment to trust Christ, so why would my kids who CAN'T get saved if they wanted to (and Kiera wants to "ask Jesus" and she talks about it all the time, but she has no clue about what sin is) have to slip into the tribulation period?

That's true, if by some reason they go into the tribulation I hope they die a quick and painless death.

The Bible states that those in the rapture are those that are "in Christ", be it physically dead or living. But no where does it say that that list in all inclusive. Old Testament saints, that did not rise when Christ rose, may also go up at that time. It doesn't say.

Consider this John, the rapture is supposed to be our blessed hope. It is mine. Do you think a merciful God would say, "Ok, look forward to the rapture, be excited for it, live for it and pray for it every single day! But that baby of yours in a diaper, well, she's going to starve to death after you disappear, or she'll be stolen and molested and murdered... but still, it's a blessed hope!"

I'm not being sarcastic, at all. If babies aren't raptured, that what we as believers have to think. I really don't believe God is going to let that happen.

Yes, I understand the serious nature and you are not being sarcastic.

A couple points, we know God says he cares for orphans so we could trust God to make sure our children were taken care of. As far as the possible horrible things that could happen...they have been happening for thousands of years. Even today children from Christian homes are beaten, raped, kidnapped, murdered. Even so, we know they are under Gods divine authority.

What seems like such a long time to us on earth is but a blip of a blip in heaven.

It's possible some children and babies may be raptured. It's also possible that only Believers will be raptured. Either way I trust God to not only care for me but also for any of my loved ones left behind.

Oh, another point is that there will be some saved during the Tribulation and those who survive the Tribulation will enter the Millinium.

• Members

Similar to the idea that God has already chosen which infants and babies are saved is the idea that God already knows which ones will be or would have been. In that case, there could be room to consider that perhaps some but not all babies and youngsters will be raptured.

As you point out, those born during the Tribulation will have to face that time as well which might beg the question as to why not babies born prior to the rapture?