• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Friends killed in an accident

• Members

I want to ask prayer for the John Esh family. They were on their way to a wedding Friday morning and were killed when a semi lost control, came across the median, and struck their van. They were all killed except two little adopted sons of Leroy and Naomi Esh. On Saturday March 20th, Darlene, the children, and I, sat in the dining room of Leroy and Naomi's and had lunch. We had such a lovely time. The children played and the fellowship was sweet. Afterwards we went over to John's and we boungt a couple a singing CD's they have produced, (the proceeds to to their mission work in Brazil where their son Elmer currently resides.)

I heard about the wreck Friday coming home from work, but they did not mention the family name. Saturday, Darlene and I went to the little Amish storenear our home. I was in the parking lot talking to two men and Darlene was in the store talking to our friends who own the store. The men told me John Esh and his family were killed Friday morning. I was completely stunned. I went in the store and saw Darlene's grave expression, I knew they told her too. All we could do was stand there and weep.

They were our friends.

Please say a little prayer for Darlene and the children, too. They were absolutely floored. It is not often death comes, and comes so dramatically. They were a truely born again, precious, family of believers. Earths loss is heaven's gain.

Here is a link to a news article:

Kentucky crash victims had ties here

cecEshfamilym29_180.jpg

This undated photo, shows, back row from left, Anna Esh, John Esh, Amos Esh, his wife, Mary, and Abner Esh. In the front row, from left, are Rachel Esh, Sadie Esh, Betty Esh and Rose Esh. Anna, John, Rachel, Sadie and Rose all died last week in a fatal crash, (as well as Leroy, Naoni, and baby Jalen, not in photo.)

The funeral is today at 10 A.M. CST. There will prOBably be approx. 2000 people there. They were greatly loved by many.

Good-bye, dear ones. :(

• Members

Praying for you friend. The investigation into why the tractor trailor left that part of the interstate and plowed through a cable barrier to hit your friends head on is still ongoing here. A cause has not yet been determined. Such a tragic scene that the several coroners sent in from all over the state were shaken themselves. Hang in there, God Bless you!

• Members

As most of you prOBably know, my mom was killed in an accident with a flatbed tractor trailer (although nOBody will ever understand exactly what happened, as it appeared to be her fault but nOBody will ever really know) about 13 years ago now.... anyway so its just an incredible sadness for me to see people's lives taken so suddenly and violently.

Thinking about your family today, Ben.

• Members

Thank you, brothers and sisters. Ya'll are kind to remember this dear family and mine too. They say there were nearly 3,000 at the funeral. This family had loved ones in every walk of life. They are really looking roughly upon the trucking company. I think it is going to go bad for them. I hope the truth comes out clear. I'd hate to see them get sacked and it turn out this guy had a heart attack or something.