• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Life on other planets ??????????

• Members

I’ve got a Drake Bible which was given to me years ago, and no, I do not recommend it to anyone, I feel it has much false teachings within its pages.

According to Drake, it seem he believes that the Bible teaches that other planets are inhabited. He offers these verses as proof. What is your thought on this? I think he is taking verses out of context.

2Ch 18:18 Again he said, Therefore hear the word of the LORD; I saw the LORD sitting upon his throne, and all the host of heaven standing on his right hand and on his left.

Ne 9:6 Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

Job 25:3 Is there any number of his armies? and upon whom doth not his light arise?

Da 4:5 I saw a dream which made me afraid, and the thoughts upon my bed and the visions of my head troubled me.

Mt 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Lu 2:13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

Lu 2:17 And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.

Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
Eph 1:15 ¶ Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Re 12:12 ¶ Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Re 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven

Re 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean

• Members

Some theories that were prominent a few years ago were that we are all aliens! The proponents of that theory taught that God is a spaceman, and Heaven is another planet! They went as far as to say that Earth was populated by God dropping off some people (Adam and Eve) from a spaceship, and hence, the Earth became populated. Wierd huh? It definately denies Biblical creation, especially when the Earth is mentioned in Genesis 1:1 as being created, and the narrative continues with Earth creation.

I don't know if that "Drake" guy believed all that or not. (Never heard of Drake, but I think I have heard of "Dake" Bible, is that the one to which you refer?)

• Members

I'm not sure you can use Scripture to prove or disprove "life" on other planets as it would depend upon the definition of "life." If by life one's thresh hold is a simple microbe, bacteria or virus then that may be different than if one defines it as more complex life that has a soul (like humans on Earth).

I've never been one to put Jehovah in a box and tell him what he must and must not do, so I tend to tread lightly when it comes to saying there isn't any other life any where else in God's vast universes, etc.

• Members

Irishman, This topic I posted came out of the Drake Bible, I do not recommend a Drake Bible to no one, it has to much false teachings in it, it was given to me after a cousin of my wifes death.

Sorry trc123, No one is putting God in a box, after all we've got a Book that has been furnished us by God. If we will study this great Book provided to us, we can learn much about God, things that He will do, as well as things He will not do, them we don't have to use a silly worldly phrase like putting God in a box.

• Members

The Bible teaches that man is the highest form of life that God created - and that he was created to have fellowship with the Lord. The Lord took on a human form to save us. God warns us about other things we need to know, yet He never once told us to be on the look out for other created beings (except for fallen angels). Angels were created to be ministers to mankind, not some other species.

If there were other planets with life, they would be 6000 year old beings, no sin nature (so no capturing and experimenting on humans), no death or dying, no flimsy technology that crashlands on our planet - they would be perfect and would not have fallen - otherwise, there is intelligent life out there that God chose not to save, and that doesn't make sense.

• Members

The Bible teaches God created the universe, including all the stars and planets, all at the same time - 6000 years ago.

Satan and his demons were confined to this planet - so they are not influencing life on some other planet.

• Members

It's better than trying to leave the door open for something someone wants to believe when the only thing backing it up is the "theory" of evolution (ie. if life evolved here, it must have evolved elsewhere too).

Man is God's highest creation - earth is the center of God's plan for man - and if there were other creatures out there, He would tell us or warn us of them (because He promises to do so in His Word if there is anything we need to know to live for Him and be prepared for Christ's return), and He does not.

• Members

I feel like people who want to believe in aliens and try to back it up from Scripture are just bored with the "old stuff we already know" from the Bible and trying to find new stuff. No offense to anyone here...but I've known too many preachers who want to find something "new" and come up with ridiculous stuff.

The devil likes us to believe in aliens, his demons impersonate them at times. I believe the rapture will be attributed to an alien abduction. I am fairly sure that "aliens" are actually just the spirit/supernatural world and especially in very demonic/occultic places, the effects of the supernatural can be more easily seen or felt.

• Members

I feel like people who want to believe in aliens and try to back it up from Scripture are just bored with the "old stuff we already know" from the Bible and trying to find new stuff. No offense to anyone here...but I've known too many preachers who want to find something "new" and come up with ridiculous stuff.

The devil likes us to believe in aliens, his demons impersonate them at times. I believe the rapture will be attributed to an alien abduction. I am fairly sure that "aliens" are actually just the spirit/supernatural world and especially in very demonic/occultic places, the effects of the supernatural can be more easily seen or felt.

yes, they always try to line up science with the bible. Sometimes science help us understand the bible better, but other time it is just too far fetched. I'm not worrying about life on other planets though. It could be small as bacteria or fungus, or it could be an animal.

But I do wonder if there will be a funny looking life on other planets that look like a creature, but actually have a human mind. We have to be careful about judging to quickly because if they are capable of believing that God exist or not, Then they are under the same universal law as we are. I read one article that got me thinking. It was about Black people and how other people treated them as animals because they did not look like them, talk like them, etc. Then I read about how people felt that deaf people are incapable of believe in God or not so they kept the gospel away. They treated them alot worst too. So that's why we should not be so quick to judge to say "oh, he is just an animal" if they did find life. If you have the right communication, you may find that he is not an animal afterall.

Other than that, I don't think there is another human-like life in other planets. Even scientists who believe in evolution don't think so. They feel that human (or life in general) is too complex

• Members

Everything God created in the 6 days of Creation was on earth. The entire Bible is introduced with the "earth", practically, other than the heavens, which is the sky, and then where God lives.