• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Microsoft quietly extends Windows XP lifecycle, again

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
I have the old blog posts to prove that I had even more frustration with XP than I am now having with Vista. It's just a change problem. Vista is a good OS. Matter of fact' date=' my wife (who has XP on her laptop) has to reboot more often than I do.[/quote']
Vista had some improvements, but they also introduced more problems than I can personally work with, so it all comes down to preference, IMO. Now, I tried Windows 7 beta, and I think it's better than Vista. Windows 7 is an incremental build over Vista and is more of the quality that Vista should have been in the first place. Vista feels like an alpha version of 7 (and 7 is still in beta).

• Members

I agree. Vista was a mistake that should have never happened. Windows 7 is just getting things right that Vista should have originally. And one of them is performance. I can say without a doubt Windows 7 is as fast as (if not faster than) Windows XP SP3, and this is on a lowly Eee PC 900HA (1.6GHz Atom N270, 945GSE, 2GB RAM). The only problem I'm having with it are a few bugs (can't plug in an external monitor or I'll get a BSOD).

Vista did take some getting used to, but that wasn't a major con. Performance issues and an early lack of mature drivers kept me from switching. Plus Vista performance isn't so great on netbooks.