• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Earthquake - Chile

• Administrators

Please pray for the people of Chile as they experience this awful 8.8 earthquake and the people of the Pacific as they brase for the ecpected Tsunamis

We are, quinkie. Thanks for the reminder. My family all live on the west coast. One brother in CA, one brother in Seattle, which should be okay. But my folks and my sister live on the peninsula. The tsunami itself may not get them, but I'm sure they will get some of the residual effects.

• Administrators

Buddy of mine lives in Hawaii. Hoping he gets to higher ground just in case. He's the type that would want to watch it come in, and hes not saved.

Ew - not good! Especially since it's expected to get to Hawaii sooner than they thought.

The area where my parents live is only on advisory, although waves are expected to hit by 3ish Pacific time. The route they traced as a possibility takes it near my parents and on into Pier 48 of Seattle - near my brother. But the waves aren't expected to be high, so that is good, as well as no expected major flooding.

But Hawaii, the Philippines and other Pacific islands - clear up to Japan - are supposed to get hit badly. Waves are supposed to even hit Australia!

deputy - will pray for your friend.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2010/feb/27/hawaii-under-tsunami-warning//print/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Best wishes for your friend and everyone impacted by the Chile quake.
May God's grace and mercy shine down upon the people of Chile and may he embrace those who have lost loved ones. God please heal, bless and protect those that are injured and those that others are still looking for. Please allow us dear God to be your servants and give all that we can as we can, be it money, prayers, time. Continue to show us the way as you have done as we have worked with many other countries and their natural disasters. In the name of Jesus I give thanks and ask you to continue to hear and answer our prayers. I am glad that Chile now is asking for and allowing aid to come in.