• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Computer

• Members

I had no prOBlems with Vista whatsoever. Everything I wanted to use my computer for worked great. The gaming on Vista was excellent. I used Vista because it has Direct x 11. My computer ran pretty fast too. My brother computer, which I have been using, has Windows 7. So far I like Windows 7. My brother recently bought a dell laptop which was supposed to be brand new. Well, he had to take it apart to replace a part. He found some screws were missing on the inside. He thinks he may have gotten a refurbished product instead of a brand new one like it was supposed to be. He called Dell to ask about the prOBlem, and he got the run around, transferred from one Middle Eastern person to the next. My brother never got his answers about why the laptop was missing screws and did not appear to be brand new after opening it up. I am not sure I would by a Dell computer. If you know someone who knows how to build machines, you could always just update parts in your tower and build a custom machine. Every machine I have owned as been custom made, and I like it that way. I get the parts I want.

• Members

I have used Windows 7 and Vista. Windows 7 is MUCH better. Also, if you get a laptop make sure you get an extended warranty. I use Best Buy for systems. They often have good systems. Don't let them con you into getting the package they sell with their systems where they update it unless you want to throw your money around. I have had good luck with Toshiba laptops both at home and at work. Make sure you don't get a Celron or Sempron processor.