• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bearing spiritual Fruit

• Members

Seth, I love your point about remembering that our position in God is through Christ and because of Christ, not of our own good and bad works. How wonderful a savior we have! Can I get an amen?!! Who died inspite of who we are and was raised to life! I can say and sing with the hymnals, that Glory be to our Lord Jesus the Christ! He is worthy of our Praise!!!

• Members

RefMan35,
I don't think, ultimately, it is an act of the will. I think it has to do with completely falling in love with Jesus Christ and desiring of him, AND HIM ALONE, that he would so possess your vessel, that you'd be dead indeed, and filled with his wonderful person.

Ben

Ben,
Do you think love an act of will or simply emotion?

His by Grace,
PM sent

• Members

Ga 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Yes, spiritual fruit comes when we die to self, crucify self, and let Christ live through us, that is surrendering our will to be Jesus' will.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

RefMan35,

I don't think, ultimately, it is an act of the will. I think it has to do with completely falling in love with Jesus Christ and desiring of him, AND HIM ALONE, that he would so possess your vessel, that you'd be dead indeed, and filled with his wonderful person.

Ben

Ben, I know this has bee awhile but I am posting anyway. I am in total agreement with you. As we look at Jesus's life, he was envoloped with the Father. Even in His darkest hour in the garden it was just He and His father, (our Father). He was truly filled with Him or filled with the Spirit in Pauls terms. But that requires repentance or a state of a repentant heart. That state is very interesting since our heart is always fluctuating. To have a repentant heart, is one that is submitted, humbled and ultimatly broken before a holy God. One doesn't just say to the will.."will, be submitted today, be humble and be broken". I would say it all starts with prayer. Praying for the Father to help our heart become a usable soil. This prayer isn't easy, because God uses many means that are unpleasant to break up the hard soil in our hearts. But, it is exactly what we need. What are your thoughts brothers. Edited by Reformation Man35