• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Benefits of Government-run Healthcare

• Members

Insurance is a pool of money that you add to....others use your money, and you use theirs.

What I'm talking about is free healthcare that YOU didn't pay a dime for. When the money runs out, who pays?

• Members

If the family not available, it's the gov't jOB for these kids wellbeing. If one is in a foster home, would you be upset if the gov't decided not pay for the child's diabete supplies?

If money run out, you have to hope that doctors other medical fields will volunteer their time, kinda like Haiti.

• Members

I'm truly stunned by the entitlement mentality of even born-again Bible believing Christians. I guess I'm just from a different generation. It has never crossed my mind that there is an expectation that everyone is entitled to health care services even if they can't pay for it.

• Members

That's what I'm saying...people get all over me LOL because sometimes I take the side of the doctors who want to "pull the plug" but if the doctors are no longer being paid, then....what should happen?

If health care is not a basic human right, then we have no right to demand that doctors and hospitals perform it for free.

Doctors providing this care make plenty of money off patients with "Cadillac" insurance plans. They can afford the prOBono for one baby...two babies...

But Jerry's compassion point trumps all. Compassion is one of those traits the Lord Jesus had which we all seek to emulate. The Great Physician healed many and fed many not asking something in return but in preparation to give His life for all. Some doctors have great compassion others need to exercise it just one time. Governments need to exercise compassion too and realize there is no greater compassion than Jesus Christ.

• Members

Doctors providing this care make plenty of money off patients with "Cadillac" insurance plans. They can afford the prOBono for one baby...two babies...

But Jerry's compassion point trumps all. Compassion is one of those traits the Lord Jesus had which we all seek to emulate. The Great Physician healed many and fed many not asking something in return but in preparation to give His life for all. Some doctors have great compassion others need to exercise it just one time. Governments need to exercise compassion too and realize there is no greater compassion than Jesus Christ.

Dave, I fear that many of us Christians are becoming hard hearted, & lust for material gain has taken over. Traits like common sense and compassion seemed to have passed away.

• Members

Compassion isn't the issue I'm discussing here but that's okay. :-)

And by the way around my area hospitals are closing down OB wings because they had no money to keep them up, because of all the welfare people that the hospital was forced to deliver the babies without pay. So then they closed hospital wings, which made the other hospitals in the area turn overcrowded, which in turn hurts the care of the next moms having kids.

Somebody has to pay for health care. Its NEVER free. Compassion doesn't make money grow on trees.

Anyway nOBody noticed my thought above...when does the soul leave the body? Who decides when someone is dead? You can keep a body "alive" for quite some time...and they do...for organ donors...after they are dead.

• Members

Anyway nOBody noticed my thought above...when does the soul leave the body? Who decides when someone is dead? You can keep a body "alive" for quite some time...and they do...for organ donors...after they are dead.

I would say that once a person is what we would consider brain dead (i.e. there is no activity at all) then that person may very well be what we would consider Biblically dead. I don't know of any Bible verse to back up that claim, but that's merely how I feel about that. It's possible that I may be wrong and if someone can show otherwise from the Word of God then I'll gladly change my stance on the matter.

• Members

I would say that once a person is what we would consider brain dead (i.e. there is no activity at all) then that person may very well be what we would consider Biblically dead. I don't know of any Bible verse to back up that claim, but that's merely how I feel about that. It's possible that I may be wrong and if someone can show otherwise from the Word of God then I'll gladly change my stance on the matter.

As I stated, I know of at least 2 where the doctors said they were brain dead according to their machines, yet they were not. I wonder, how many other they said where brain dead, and they pulled the plug, but they were not? That is if they would have given more time, these would have been up and walking once again.

• Members

Your compassion at the expense of forcing me to pay for it until I have no money to pay my own medical bills for my own family is NOT A SOLUTION!

Exactly....

And here's a scenerio....is it at all possible to wean off the ventilator and pray that God will let the baby begin to breathe on its own?

13 years ago my mom was in a car accident and lived on life support for about 2 weeks. She was alive but highly drugged up and then had several surgeries...and finally died. Anyway after two weeks her medical bills (paid for by insurance, not taxpayers) were $750,000.

Fast forward to today...can you imagine the bill of two months on life support??? Is that really a fundamental human right? No really...is it?

• Members

With all sincerity and compassion I say this, everyone has a story of heartache and disappointment in this earthly life........

Mine is having watched my mother and father trying to keep my terminally ill sister (since birth) alive. My dad worked three jOBs to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills. They sacrificed everything to keep her alive. The community held fundraisers to help out. In the end, I watched my sister take her last breath at the age of 16, while she was laying in my father's lap going blind and writhing in pain from her illness as she looked into his face crying she did not want to die. I never once heard my father complain about the sacrifice and I never once heard my father say it was some other person's (or even the government) responsibility to take care of his family's bills, NEVER ONCE. It wasn't fun and it wasn't pretty, but outside the Lord Jesus Christ my father is my example of love in action.

Folks, there are just times when intervening in extraordinary and desperate ways to keep a person alive (outside of God's natural order) is not warranted and is futile. While I do believe it is reasonable for a parent to do everything within their power to keep their child alive, I do not believe that responsibility should be thrust upon others, depriving those others of the means to take care of their own families.

• Members

With all sincerity and compassion I say this, everyone has a story of heartache and disappointment in this earthly life........

Mine is having watched my mother and father trying to keep my terminally ill sister (since birth) alive. My dad worked three jOBs to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills. They sacrificed everything to keep her alive. The community held fundraisers to help out. In the end, I watched my sister take her last breath at the age of 16, while she was laying in my father's lap going blind and writhing in pain from her illness as she looked into his face crying she did not want to die. I never once heard my father complain about the sacrifice and I never once heard my father say it was some other person's (or even the government) responsibility to take care of his family's bills, NEVER ONCE. It wasn't fun and it wasn't pretty, but outside the Lord Jesus Christ my father is my example of love in action.

Folks, there are just times when intervening in extraordinary and desperate ways to keep a person alive (outside of God's natural order) is not warranted and is futile. While I do believe it is reasonable for a parent to do everything within their power to keep their child alive, I do not believe that responsibility should be thrust upon others, depriving those others of the means to take care of their own families.

Your right, that responsibility should not be thrust on anyone, But we as children of God ought to freely take it upon our self to help them because of the compassion within our hearts. But we fear we will have to give up to much, money and material possession, of which we cannot carry with us to heaven.