• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Benefits of Government-run Healthcare

• Members

I'm getting upset with funding these days. I keep hearing more and more school for the deaf are about to close down and they want to push them to mainstream and put deaf people in Special Education (which is the enviroment I grew up in from preschool to 12th) and perhap eliminate Sign Language for good. They prOBably want national Healthcare to cover alot of Cochlear implants so deaf people would no longer be culturally deaf (and not everyone is qualify for Cochlear implant so this really means it will be harder for them to find friends or support who know Sign Languages)

These Cochlear implant surgery is around $70,000 - $100,000 plus mapping (audiologists)

Healthcare would just push other gov't funding back. Like schools.

• 11 years later...
  • Members

How come no one replied or posted what Scripture says for the assembly of believers to do/ how to live ? 

Admittedly, I skimmed thru the thread,  and other threads likewise ,  and may have missed a true answer posted.

Instead, without even trying to find the wrong answers, they keep popping up in so many places(threads) ,  I see many many posts, in this thread and others,  posting - saying - things the world (carnal, apart from Jesus) does,  even perhaps 'churches' do,  things that do not include what Scripture says to do nor how to live !?

Is this because there is so little instruction and so few examples in the groups or churches people are in,  they just do not even have any idea what is right any more ? ! 

Just one example for now:

On 2/8/2010 at 7:32 PM, JerryNumbers said:

Are we to do as the rich man, ignored the needs of Lazarus who was sick?

What group in the Bible had ALL of their needs met,  and how ? 

(This is noted possibly in over 40 places in Scripture,  although it might only be 2, 3, or 4 places;   I really really should know without having to go and check ,  but I never thought the famine would be so devastating and far reaching and widespread and pervasive;  which really really is not an excuse at all , no,  I should have diligently at least aimed at remembering, probably,  but I really really believed and thought not only how good this all is, but that it was great news and all of God's people everywhere I went would already have this knowledge in their portfolio/ repertoire / standard lessons for everyone ....  )

• Members

=================================

=================probably will be merged =================

On 2/5/2010 at 4:27 PM, Kitagrl said:

...It IS possible to realize my rights but at the same time do what I personally can to help others.
That's just like...I don't think the government should buy people free houses...but do I feel sorry for someone who doesn't have a house? Yeah. Would I try to help someone who was about to lose their house? Yeah, if I could.... do I still think the government should buy them a house? NO.

Did you approve of the Creator's Way to provide a place for every family ?  (Kitagrl may be gone, so anyone else? Do you or did you approve of the Creator's Way to provide a place for every family ? )

On 2/5/2010 at 4:37 PM, John81 said:

..However, there is no governmental (nor even Scriptural) "right" to governmental supply of food, medical care, housing, etc.
.... More government is not the answer. Reagan had it right when he said government isn't the answer, it's the prOBlem.

Was the government the problem in Egypt ?  In Italy ?  In Germany ?  In Russia ?  In Finland ?  (hint: this last one, Finland,  last I heard in the last few years, has solved (carnally, without trust in God)  their homeless problem - everyone gets enough money every month , or otherwise is provided,  a place to stay and 'all' their needs met) 

"IF MY PEOPLE " ...

Anyone remember these words?  This Scripture In Context ?   The Creator's Promise Conditioned on "IF MY PEOPLE" ? 

Oh, my... "Conditioned"?!   The Creator Set Conditions ?   

yep

• Members
On 9/10/2021 at 12:02 AM, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

=================================

=================probably will be merged =================

Did you approve of the Creator's Way to provide a place for every family ?  (Kitagrl may be gone, so anyone else? Do you or did you approve of the Creator's Way to provide a place for every family ? )

Was the government the problem in Egypt ?  In Italy ?  In Germany ?  In Russia ?  In Finland ?  (hint: this last one, Finland,  last I heard in the last few years, has solved (carnally, without trust in God)  their homeless problem - everyone gets enough money every month , or otherwise is provided,  a place to stay and 'all' their needs met) 

"IF MY PEOPLE " ...

Anyone remember these words?  This Scripture In Context ?   The Creator's Promise Conditioned on "IF MY PEOPLE" ? 

Oh, my... "Conditioned"?!   The Creator Set Conditions ?   

yep

Jeff, just skimming your answers here you TRULY need to clarify what you're trying to convey! It's too hard to try to follow your many "rabbit trails" to try and figure out what you're trying to get at! Pick a target and try to hit it, PLEASE!