• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Two questions on personal fellowship

• Members

your friend may have a hard time finding girls attractive so don't expect him to force himself.If he is practicing celibacy and doing the best he can to OBey God, I don't see why you have to separate from him. If he is still practicing homosexual lifestyle, then I can understand.

Sounds like Kubel was supporting him as long as he was trying, but only stopped after he stopped trying and gave in fully to the sin. That sounds like the proper path to take.

1Co

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

#1 He was wondering if there is a wrong way to find happiness in Christ?

That's a tough question to answer. If one is truly 'in Christ' in their life and walk, then I suppose there is no 'wrong way' to find happiness in Him.

#2 Should we separate ourselves from people who give a personal testimony and show fruit in their lives but have different scriptural preferences?

I'll try to answer this with a fairly extreme example. My close friend is gay. He says he is saved. And I understand that even saved people can be tempted to do wrong. At first he struggled with the sin, and I was trying my best to be supportive of his struggle. But then he chose to embrace the sin.

It was at that point where I basically told him I didn't want to be a part of that part of his life. I guess that may have made me a heartless homophOBe in his eyes, but if someone around us chooses to do wrong, we shouldn't subject ourselves to their lifestyle- or else we could fall too. I tried my best to explain this as my reasoning for not wanting to know about certain aspects of his life.

You will find in scripture that this is the reason for biblical separation. It's not an issue of rejecting someone, nor of hate, intolerance, difference of opinion, nor is it about your image- it's an issue of recognizing spiritual dangers and simply choosing to avoid them so you spare yourself from pains in the future with regard to your walk with Christ.

AMEN ! I couldnt agree more and thats the point I was trying to make to him . In Christ

• Members

AMEN ! I couldnt agree more and thats the point I was trying to make to him . I try to put it in my own words and get my tange tungled. Thats why I give ONLY scripture and verse any more. Our tongues are unruly members so its best to ONLY use the written Word as it IS written . I believe Jerry was backing this issue also.
In Christ