• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The unpardonable sin Mark 3

• Members

If the saved person has already died due to chastisement for their sin, we are not to pray for them. If God has not taken that final step of chastisement, then there is still hope that Christian may repent, get the sin right, and therefore God would remove the chastisement.

Hebrews 6, 2 Thessalonians 2 and Romans 1 all refer to certain lost people who have reached the point where they can no longer be saved - due to their own apostasy or rebellion from the truth.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree with you somewhat, for I don't believe people living today can commit the unpardonable sin, only those who lived while Jesus was walking on this earth.

I am in total agreement with this statement. It is the Pharisee's who were calling the work of the Holy Spirt, the work of the devil. Therefore, revealing their self righteouss hearts and causing Jesus to unveal this teaching. If Jesus would have had Moses stand before them, they still wouldn't have let loose of their seat of power.

• Members

Mark 3:29,30

29But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

30Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Verse 30 tells you what the "unpardonable sin" is. Since Christ isn't here on earth performing miracles by the finger of God than the sin cannot be committed today.

Even if it could be committed the verses say that the person is "in danger" of damnation, not that they are already damned. This suggests that the person who commits this sin can still be forgiven.

• Members

Whatever blaspemy of the Holy Spirit is, a Christian can't do it because a Christian can't lose his salvation, that we do know.

My two cents on what that sin actually is? I think it is exactly what the Pharasees did in that passage. They looked Jesus Christ in the face, and told Him he was possesed of Satan. Not that any of us would be so out of our minds crazy to do that, we can't do it because Jesus isn't here on earth to speak to.

Edited by Rick Schworer

• Members

Whatever blaspemy of the Holy Spirit is, a Christian can't do it because a Christian can't lose his salvation, that we do know.

My two cents on what that sin actually is? I think it is exactly what the Pharasees did in that passage. They looked Jesus Christ in the face, and told Him he was possesed of Satan. Not that any of us would be so out of our minds crazy to do that, we can't do it because Jesus isn't here on earth to speak to.

I am in total agreement with this statement!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

So do I, it usually means I am wrong.

Also , I believe what Invicta is refering to ,is the fact that people DIE in unbelief ,which causes eternal damnation. Because thats the way I was looking at it.
IF what you say is true (and I can see both sides) then where does ``WHOSOEVER WILL ,MAY COME `` enter into the equation? In Jesus

Our preacher tonight gave a powerful gospel message on this subject from Matt. 12. He firstly list sins which it is not and gave examples, Murder-David, Blasphemy -Paul, Adultery-the woman taken in adultery, etc, all of whom were forgiven. He then went on to explain what it was, continuing unbelief and gave several examoles, one of which was an unbelieving relative who came to stay with them in his last days. The preacher's mother read the scriptures to the family each day. When this relative was about to die, the mother said "Do you now believe?" he used his last breath to say "NO1" That is the ubnpardonable sin, rejecting the work of the Holy Spirit wwhen one has heard his testimony.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I've seen more Christians suffer and loose their joy over these verses than any other.

Mark says what the so-called "unpardonable sin" is in verse 30.

[28] Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
[29] But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
[30] Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Can this been done today? I don't think so.

• Members

I knew a young man who had been a Satanist who really struggled with this a couple months after he came to Christ. The devil really started hammering him, telling him he couldn't really be saved because he had blasphemed the Holy Ghost. It seems that as part of some of their "rights" in Satanism they had to blaspheme the Holy Ghost; in other words they would curse the Holy Ghost and such.

This young man went into a serious time of trial which wasn't helped by a couple of pastors he spoke with who didn't rightly address this. He fell away for several weeks and then one night the Holy Ghost really spoke to his heart and he came to myself and a friend and said he wanted to join us with our Baptist pastor that Friday for Bible study. He brought up the issue with our Baptist pastor who provided him with proper biblical counsel.

That young man went on to be an on-fire for Christ soul winner!