• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Freemasonry

• Members

The colleague whom I mentioned earlier always told me that Masons were not a religion, they were a charitable organisation doing good works. He also said that King Solomon was the first mason and he was always trying to find out more on Solomon's temple. Another colleague who was a mason said the first one had no business telling me things about what went on in his lodge, and was quite peeved that he spoke so much about it.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, if you watch the video I posted, they do a good jOB at showing why Freemasonry is a religion. The video I posted is the video that got me interested in studying everything I could about freemasonry. It is kind of interesting because some symbols used in Freemasonry are used in Mormonism.

• Members

No doubt, it is a religion, and there is no doubt, it's a secret organization, and both of these ought to be a warning to any child of God.

Why not do all of one's good works through the church that Jesus provided? Why not put all of one's efforts through Jesus' Churches?

Throughout the years there has been many good Christians who have spoken out about the evils of the lodge and why God's children should have nothing to do with it, yet many think they know better and put themselves under the bondage. That is yoking themselves unequally to the lodge.

• Members

Education in the Word of God is somewhat lacking if they become involved with freemasonry.

AMEN ! Also, we MUST be discerning of God's Word INSTEAD of man's word of Gods Word, if that makes any sense. I think that's how people get mixed up in these things to begin with.

• 8 months later...
  • Members

To let you guys know, I was a Prince Hall Mason for many years. Even made it up to the 32nd degree, Scottish Rite side (Sublime Prince), which, if you look on the image, is on the left side. There are many things within this (Higher degrees) that will make your bones shake.

masonmap.jpg

Edited by Saved IFB

• Members

To let you guys know, I was a Prince Hall Mason for many years. Even made it up to the 32nd degree, Scottish Rite side (Sublime Prince), which, if you look on the image, is on the left side. There are many things within this (Higher degrees) that will make your bones shake.

masonmap.jpg

Just out of curiousity, why did you leave freemasonry?

• Members

It's interesting that many of the Founders were Masons, as were a great many who promoted the Revolution and then carried it out, yet the American Revolution is so often proclaimed to have been carried out by Christians divinely inspired to contradict Scripture.

Naturally, in Mason-filled churches the Founders are highly exalted, but what I find interesting is that in churches which don't allow Masons to be members will yet preach on the greatness of Founders and others who were Masons.

A professor I know in Arkansas is a high degree Mason and he acknowledges that their religious aspect is generic (not specifically Christian), but since he calls himself a Christian and so do most who are his fellow lodge members, he believes it's okay.

• Members

Yes.

Now I'll explain:icon_mrgreen:

A truly born again believer can be involved in any sin, sinful activity or organization. The Holy Ghost doesn't convict everyone of all their sins at the same time. A believer can be a part of something sinful and not have had the Spirit directly convict him yet.

Eventually, a believer should grow in the Lord enough and should submit to the Spirit enough that he will eventually be convicted of whatever sin he's involved in...whether personal sin, some sinful activity or involvement in a sinful organization.

Of course there is also the prOBlem of a person so resisting conviction that their hearts become hardened in that area and no longer recognize the conviction.

There are many professing Christians who are also Masons. Some are true believers, some are not.

Ray Comfort - who got me on this kick of defining repentance carefully, doesn't believe that. I've seen him say that he doesn't believe someone is saved based on a sin in their life after being saved, in his witnessing. He's witnessing the law.

Ray Comfort adds repentance of sins as two things you need to do to be saved, not one (and he says - there is two things you need to do). And he doesn't believe people are sinners saved by grace. Edited by MaxKennedy

• Members

It's interesting that many of the Founders were Masons, as were a great many who promoted the Revolution and then carried it out, yet the American Revolution is so often proclaimed to have been carried out by Christians divinely inspired to contradict Scripture.

Naturally, in Mason-filled churches the Founders are highly exalted, but what I find interesting is that in churches which don't allow Masons to be members will yet preach on the greatness of Founders and others who were Masons.

A professor I know in Arkansas is a high degree Mason and he acknowledges that their religious aspect is generic (not specifically Christian), but since he calls himself a Christian and so do most who are his fellow lodge members, he believes it's okay.

The founders were for the most part better men than you. You should humble youself. You're both speaking ill of better men than you who are dead, and saying things that are untrue.

• Members
Just out of curiousity, why did you leave freemasonry?

Hello Amblivion-

Thanks for asking.

It had mostly to do with what was going on within the Lodge. Cheating, Lying, Cursing (Bad Language), Drinking, etc. All the same stuff one would see in the "outside world" was going on in the Lodge. This did not appeal to me, so I left. I just felt as though I could see and experience all this without paying dues and dealing with the other stuff. Plus some of the stuff I was reading and doing was getting sort of bizarre to say the least. And as a 32* mason, I saw much. Edited by Saved IFB

• Members

The founders were for the most part better men than you. You should humble youself. You're both speaking ill of better men than you who are dead, and saying things that are untrue.

He spoke nothing untrue. Did you know the founders personally? Do you know John81 personally? If not then, I think you best keep your judgments to yourself. You should prOBably do some research on our founders and freemasonry.

• Members

Hello Amblivion-

Thanks for asking.

It had mostly to do with what was going on within the Lodge. Cheating, Lying, Cursing (Bad Language), Drinking, etc. All the same stuff one would see in the "outside world" was going on in the Lodge. This did not appeal to me, so I left. I just felt as though I could see and experience all this without paying dues and dealing with the other stuff. Plus some of the stuff I was reading and doing was getting sort of bizarre to say the least. And as a 32* mason, I saw much.

Well, I am glad you found your way out. From what I have researched, you are right about the wierd and bizarre things.

• Members

He spoke nothing untrue. Did you know the founders personally? Do you know John81 personally? If not then, I think you best keep your judgments to yourself. You should prOBably do some research on our founders and freemasonry.

Just a side note*

I was the Historian for the Grand Lodge I belonged to, and as being such I did a great deal of research, even writing some very large research papers on the subject. There were many people that were involved in Freemasonry than most people know about. Some did it for good reasons and some did it for bad reasons. Take this as a little knowledge as well; Freemasonry was bridged over to the States (US) from England, and as such was enormous in politics (Hint). Edited by Saved IFB

• Members

"Better" based upon what?

I'm humble, I don't exalt myself above anyone.

How is speaking the truth "speaking ill"? What is it you believe to be untrue?

• Members

"Better" based upon what?

I'm humble, I don't exalt myself above anyone.

How is speaking the truth "speaking ill"? What is it you believe to be untrue?

This doesn't even need a reply. Go back, humble your message with what is your opinion, that you "think may be true", and facts, while not attacking anyone who is dead or in general terms ie "those people" "mason run churches" etc. It hardly takes a "mason" to be an American who is a patriot.

I am hardly a mason, but I know you are wrong. At least if you follow Benjamin Franklin's advice, and be humble how you present your opinion, others will more likely listen to you and feel more like giving you what they actually know is true. Remember the sin of Ham.