• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

New research suggests Neanderthals weren't stupid

• Members

(PhysOrg.com) -- Neanderthals used makeup and jewellery challenging the idea that they were cognitively inferior to early modern humans, according to research published in the Proceedings in the National Academy of Sciences today. Radiocarbon dating by researchers at Oxford University suggests that pigment-stained and perforated marine shells were almost certainly used as pendants by Neanderthals in Spain 50,000 years old. ... (more) http://www.physorg.com/news182439329.html

yep, they have the capability as modern humans. just that ideas haven't evolve yet so that's why they seem "stupid" (according the title of the article). Sometimes I think animals are just as bright as humans, just that humans are the only one who questioned if there's a God.

• Members

I know my dog is smarter than many humans I know. I'd rather have her around than many humans for sure.......lol

Didn't they publish a study results or something a few months ago saying that dogs have about the same intelligence as a two year old toddler?

• Members

(PhysOrg.com) -- Neanderthals used makeup and jewellery challenging the idea that they were cognitively inferior to early modern humans, according to research published in the Proceedings in the National Academy of Sciences today. Radiocarbon dating by researchers at Oxford University suggests that pigment-stained and perforated marine shells were almost certainly used as pendants by Neanderthals in Spain 50,000 years old. ... (more) http://www.physorg.com/news182439329.html

yep, they have the capability as modern humans. just that ideas haven't evolve yet so that's why they seem "stupid" (according the title of the article). Sometimes I think animals are just as bright as humans, just that humans are the only one who questioned if there's a God.

• Members

At the risk of sounding cynical ,and no offense intended, where do ``neanderthals`` fit into the Word of God ?
The only change in mans intelligence EVER came by the FALL of Adam in the garden. Mankind hasnt changed in thinking ability whatsoever. Just wallowing in our sin more !
This is why Jesus Christ had to come to earth and die and raise again the third day to save those who believe and trust in Him and HIM alone !
By mans sinful nature we have derived these ``caveman``theories to take us farther from the Truth which is ONLY in Gods Word !

• Members

Interesting how the Word of God stays the same and is consistenty proven correct when history and archeology is advanced yet these theories of scientists are constantly being found incorrect, in need of updating and correction.

What's more, these various "types" of man they claim to have found are constantly being reevaluated. Some are determined to be almost just like modern man while the rest are determined to be some animal or more close to animal than man. Sadly, these brilliant scientists are so blinded they refuse to acknowledge that some of their findings are no more or less than the bones of men and some are of animals. There are no evolutionary findings, no ape-men, just men and animals.

• Members

At the risk of sounding cynical ,and no offense intended, where do ``neanderthals`` fit into the Word of God ?
The only change in mans intelligence EVER came by the FALL of Adam in the garden. Mankind hasnt changed in thinking ability whatsoever. Just wallowing in our sin more !
This is why Jesus Christ had to come to earth and die and raise again the third day to save those who believe and trust in Him and HIM alone !
By mans sinful nature we have derived these ``caveman``theories to take us farther from the Truth which is ONLY in Gods Word !

I don't attend to the specific theories, no time for it. The only truth takes up my endeavors...and here at OB fellowshipping too.

• Members

Interesting how the Word of God stays the same and is consistenty proven correct when history and archeology is advanced yet these theories of scientists are constantly being found incorrect, in need of updating and correction.

What's more, these various "types" of man they claim to have found are constantly being reevaluated. Some are determined to be almost just like modern man while the rest are determined to be some animal or more close to animal than man. Sadly, these brilliant scientists are so blinded they refuse to acknowledge that some of their findings are no more or less than the bones of men and some are of animals. There are no evolutionary findings, no ape-men, just men and animals.

As for these theories of scientists, I think the majority of them have one agenda and one agenda only, doing everything they can to try and prove there is no God to try and ease their mind that there will not be an eternity of regret waiting on them.

• Members

As for these theories of scientists, I think the majority of them have one agenda and one agenda only, doing everything they can to try and prove there is no God to try and ease their mind that there will not be an eternity of regret waiting on them.

AMEN !

• Members

Yes, putting forth their idea of proof there is no God helps to ease their conscious...PLUS, the government and foundations love to award large monetary grants to those who put forth such.

None of it will mean a thing when their time to stand before Christ in judgement arrives if they continue to reject the salvation He offers.

• Members

Chances are that they were just a different race of people. Science used to portray "Neanderthals" as some brutish half human cavemen but the more evidence they find the more OBvious it becomes even to scientists that the "Neanderthals" were just as human and just as intelligent as any number of other primitive cultures.

• Members

Chances are that they were just a different race of people. Science used to portray "Neanderthals" as some brutish half human cavemen but the more evidence they find the more OBvious it becomes even to scientists that the "Neanderthals" were just as human and just as intelligent as any number of other primitive cultures.

Well , thats the KEY word ``PRIMITIVE`` . There is no nor has there ever been such a thing as ``primitive`` man. According to the Word of God,not my reasoning .
Man was as intelligent 4000 yrs ago as he is now . Thats why I said in my first comment about history ed. being so important. Man back then ( not that most people would know this because of lack of education) but man back then even had BATTERIES ! They knew electricity The mere fact that we havent discovered more of these types of things could be as simple as GOD DOES WANT US TO KNOW BECAUSE HE WANTS US TO LIVE BY FAITH and NOT BY SIGHT!
And I dont care what modern science says ,when it is written ,IT IS WRITTEN ! The lack of knowledge that even Christians are dealing with today is from the fact that FEW people want to pick up their Bibles and read for themselves. THERE IS NOTHING that we deal with in modern life that is not in the Word of God if we only read it believing !

• Members

Well , thats the KEY word ``PRIMITIVE`` . There is no nor has there ever been such a thing as ``primitive`` man. According to the Word of God,not my reasoning . Man was as intelligent 4000 yrs ago as he is now .

If you would read things more carefully before jumping to conclusions you would see I said "primitive cultures" not "primitive men". If you don't agree that some cultures are more primitive than others you don't have a good understanding of the meaning of the word.

• Members

If you would read things more carefully before jumping to conclusions you would see I said "primitive cultures" not "primitive men". If you don't agree that some cultures are more primitive than others you don't have a good understanding of the meaning of the word.

I took it, that you meant primitive culture compared to ours, that they did not live in house as we do, nor did they have indoor plumbing, bathrooms. nor transportation as we have.

• Members

I took it, that you meant primitive culture compared to ours, that they did not live in house as we do, nor did they have indoor plumbing, bathrooms. nor transportation as we have.

me too. They don't have the modern technologies nor education in their culture. And they seem to keep their customs the same for many generations as well.

• Members

me too. They don't have the modern technologies nor education in their culture. And they seem to keep their customs the same for many generations as well.

Just a quick thought I had, we might be better off if we still had some of that primitive culture. Seems the more modern we get, the more rebellion we have against God.