• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

[Movie] Facing the Giants

• Members

I haven't got to see it yet, but I have been told it is VERY good and even presents the plan of salvation. There is another movie by the same producer (it is produced by a church out of Georgia - I think - saw a piece of a documentary on it or somethin) called "Fireproof" and it is about protecting and preserving your marriage. The previews looked very good and my wife and I want to see it as well. We just haven't made time for either yet.

God Bless,

Futurehope

• Members

Flywheel is another movie made by them. I liked Facing the Giants and Flywheel. They were kind of weak on the gospel more of a feel good,God will help us through things type movies. I liked them but Fireproof seems that it has a major gospel message. I haven't seen it yet but will soon.

• Members

Very good movie.

I've only watched it once but it seemed to me as if it started out a bit slow and didn't seem to have any Christian aspect to it at all. That all changed fairly quickly though and myself and my youngest son really liked the movie. I bought him that movie for his birthday.

• Members

Hehehe I am watching it now my hubby put it in our new 5 disk changer while I was at the hospital getting my D and C so I can watch movies tonight and perhaps tommrow. This moving moves me because we are having diffculites of inferility and also the song at the end Voice of Truth tears me up inside.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I didn't like it too much. It was good, but since it involved football, I couldn't help but notice the impossibilities during some of the games. I am a huge sports guy and a bit of a perfectionist so it bugged me a little. I guess it's got a good story, but it wasn't my cup of tea.

• Members

I too am a sports guy, and the "impossibilities" you mention are only impossible to you because your faith doesn't allow God to do them. BTW, God is the only REAL perfectionist - so don't try to be Him...your incapable.

Someone said the gospel was weak in this movie. While they didn't spend a lot of time laying out every detail, they made it very clear that salvation was only by faith and through Christ. This is one of the best movies every made in my opinion.

I also watched flywheel and thought it also was a good movie and delivered a good message. What many ignore about this movie and just skip to the "be good, do good" message is the bigger more evident lesson of reaping and sowing.

God Bless,

Futurehope

• Members
I too am a sports guy, and the "impossibilities" you mention are only impossible to you because your faith doesn't allow God to do them. BTW, God is the only REAL perfectionist - so don't try to be Him...your incapable.

Someone said the gospel was weak in this movie. While they didn't spend a lot of time laying out every detail, they made it very clear that salvation was only by faith and through Christ. This is one of the best movies every made in my opinion.

I also watched flywheel and thought it also was a good movie and delivered a good message. What many ignore about this movie and just skip to the "be good, do good" message is the bigger more evident lesson of reaping and sowing.

God Bless,

Futurehope

:amen:

After watching the movie again I noticed the Gospel message as well as how Christians ought to be living, was very well put forth. This is my favorite Christian movie.

• Members

I just don't get a thrill out of seeing a 100 pound kid kicking a 60 yard field goal.

I don't really care, though, why you think that I didn't like it. Next time I'll let you make up the reason for me.

It's called a difference in taste.

• Members

I just don't get a thrill out of seeing a 100 pound kid kicking a 60 yard field goal.

I don't really care, though, why you think that I didn't like it. Next time I'll let you make up the reason for me.

It's called a difference in taste.

It could also be called rude, disrespectful, and putting God into a box for what He is capable of. You seem to fail to see the fact that point to it wasn't that the "110 pound kid" kicked the field goal, but that God helped him. That's no more miraculous than the way Pittsburg won the superbowl tonight. Try giving the credit to God instead of the "kid" and it might just make a little sense to you. But I understand if the God you serve isn't capable of miracles...don't worry, the one I serve is!!!