• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

[Movie] Facing the Giants

• Members

I did like the fact the movie made it very clear that God interceeded and made the field goal possible. Also, I liked that when they showed the ball going between the uprights it crossed the goal low just as it would if kicked from a long distance rather than up high.

The main point being that the kicker was obviously incapable of making the kick on his own and that God obviously made it possible.

I thought the movie did a very good job of presenting that.

While I'm at it; I also really liked the way the Eagles lost their first playoff game but determined to praise God anyway. The next day it was obvious the coach and players were down about what happened, which seemed to add great realism.

• Members

It could also be called rude, disrespectful, and putting God into a box for what He is capable of. You seem to fail to see the fact that point to it wasn't that the "110 pound kid" kicked the field goal, but that God helped him. That's no more miraculous than the way Pittsburg won the superbowl tonight. Try giving the credit to God instead of the "kid" and it might just make a little sense to you. But I understand if the God you serve isn't capable of miracles...don't worry, the one I serve is!!!

Wow...... :roll

I don't understand why you're so upset that I didn't like the movie.