• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Deactivate

Kayla

• Members

I deactivated my Facebook today...I was spending way too much time on there...well rest assured if you are reading this and you were my friend on FB then you can communicate with me via OB. Lord willing Brother Matt will get that MOBile OB up soon. That will be nice then I can be more active during the semester at college when I won't have internet at the dorm except my phone.

• Members

Kayla, I don't know how most folks feel about this, but I congratulate you on the wisdom you have shown re: fb. Personally, I don't use it and have found it to be detrimental in some believers lives. I'm glad you were attune enough to avoid a potential prOBlem.(I know it CAN have the potential of tremendous ministry value). Don't forget your friends at OBL too.:thumb: We are just starting a new series on women in the Bible that I think you might like. Maybe Bro Matt will make OBL mOBile too! OK, 2 shameless hints in one post is the limit:coolsmiley:

• Members

Funny thing Kayla my wife and I were just talking about FB... I was dead set against it then opened an account about 3 months ago. I am going to keep using it but have cut my time way back.... Its too easy to sit on it for hours and not even realize it. So, i just set time limits... but leaving FB altogether like you did is not a bad idea either. Good on you for taking charge of your life and not letting a computer program run it.

Tim

• Members

I enjoy Facebook, as it's a good place to keep up with people. Plus, a good deal of my online friends are on there.

It is easy to waste a lot of time, though, certainly (speaking from experience...). The Internet is, after all, the World Wide Waste of Time.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members

I have a facebook account but rarely use it except to play Scrabble with my daughter. Your thread reminded me that I had not taken a move for sometime so I logged in and saw it was 4 days ago when my daughter had a move.

I also went to my home page and saw a video of my son, who lives in the US, and his three young daughters in the snow, so thanks for the reminder.

• Members

I never could understand the great attraction of facebook anyway, I opened a account earlier this year, mainly so I have the option of keeping in contact with a couple of people, but I can't imagine spending more than a couple of minutes at a time on FB. One plus to it though is that it seems to be a very easy place to witness, I have gotten a several friend requests from people I never met and didn't kow in any way shape or form because they said they "thought" they knew me somehow. If I don't know them and if their profile pic looks like they are lost I give them the gospel right off. :saint2: Sometimes they run like a scared jackrabbit and sometimes it starts an interesting discussion. Either way it is sowing seed, it's kinda fun, and they asked for it by sending friend requests to total strangers. :lol:

• Members

I never could understand the great attraction of facebook anyway, I opened a account earlier this year, mainly so I have the option of keeping in contact with a couple of people, but I can't imagine spending more than a couple of minutes at a time on FB. One plus to it though is that it seems to be a very easy place to witness, I have gotten a several friend requests from people I never met and didn't kow in any way shape or form because they said they "thought" they knew me somehow. If I don't know them and if their profile pic looks like they are lost I give them the gospel right off. :saint2: Sometimes they run like a scared jackrabbit and sometimes it starts an interesting discussion. Either way it is sowing seed, it's kinda fun, and they asked for it by sending friend requests to total strangers. :lol:

That is an awesome idea...now I can look forward to people I don't know asking me to be my friends...sounds good :icon_mrgreen:

• Members

You were my friend on FB, Seth Doty... :icon_mrgreen:

• Members

You were my friend on FB, Seth Doty... :icon_mrgreen:

Sure, I knew who you were and I had no reason to turn you down. I did notice that when ever I logged on to FB you always seemed to be on the list of "friends online". I thought you must leave it on all the time even if you weren't actually there but I guess that wasn't it. :frog: