• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Getting discouraged with KJ publishers

• Members

When KJV was translated: think of the people, the king, and the soldiers. I feel this bible was heavily guarded even though you think the King did this for his own purpose.

If we could find the original manuscript, written in Greek/Hebrew/Arabic. Or Latin or original manuscript to KJV... does the language matter anymore? Would you learn Greek and such just to study the bible? If so, I'm sure you are willing to learn Old English because it's the next best thing we can find. Russian version does help Russian speaking people and everyone ought to have a bible in their own language but the closest bible to the original I can think of is KJV. I have not seen any bible translated in the same time period as KJV in other languages other than English yet. Plus, I have faith that the Lord will accuately perserve his words somehow, someway, in his own way.

Edited by Psalms18_28

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Just wanted to make a note.... I received my 1599 Geneva Study Bible about 3 weeks ago... I can't put it down. It is a delight to read, and reading Calvin's notes is like taking a s tep back in time. What a great addition to my study. :thumb:

• Members

Just wanted to make a note.... I received my 1599 Geneva Study Bible about 3 weeks ago... I can't put it down. It is a delight to read, and reading Calvin's notes is like taking a s tep back in time. What a great addition to my study. :thumb:

Do you mind sending or posting the order information (where and what item #, etc.)? Thank you.

• Members

Do you mind sending or posting the order information (where and what item #, etc.)? Thank you.

Check out the publisher: http://www.reformationbookstore.com/1599genevabiblebondedleather.aspx
You can download Romans via pdf file to see if you like it

• Members

I want to get one, but I can't afford it right now since I lost my jOB and I'm trying to save up for a car right now. I might be getting another jOB soon though, so maybe then. :)

Also on my priority list is a bass guitar, because I play at church every week, but I borrow the bass.

Now then: :11backtotopic:

• Members

Could you expound on this with examples and details?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I am at my wits end here.

I can not tell you how many King James Bibles I have, and the reason I have so many...errors.

I keep finding errors, with typos or word replacements.

When I find one error, I push my Bible to the side, and begin my quest for another publisher. I have tried Holman, Hendricks, Scofield, Cambridge, Zondervan and Tyndale publishers, and always find some little quirk.

I am beginning to abondan the idea of authenticity, am seriously thinking of switching to an ESV and starting all over again.

Maybe if you would read it believing those errors would go away ?

• Members

I didn't read all 127 posts of this, but I read enough to get the feeling that the differences in KJVs were causing some to stumble as to what is the word of God and what's not. This is actually pretty common, I ran into the same thing on another forum a couple weeks ago.

I think the Lord answered this for us a long time ago with the story of Jeremiah and Baruch. The "originals" were cut up and thrown into a fire. They were the perfect and inspired word of God. Then God had him write another "word of God". It was different from the first word of God, it had added words to it, but the content was still the same. They both were the inspired and perfect word of God.

This doesn't mean to suggest that modern versions are the same thing, they are not.

A change from Saviour to Savor doesn't make a KJB corrupt. They are all the perfect word of God, even if there are some variances. Once you start heading down the road of certain KJBs being corrupt, then all of a sudden the word of God becomes something atherial out there that no one has, which is right where the Greekers want you to be.

We don't even use the 1611 today, most of us couldn't read it if we saw it.

Jer. 36:32, "Then took Jeremiah another roll, and gave it to Baruch the scribe, the son of Neriah; who wrote therein from the mouth of Jeremiah all the words of the book which Jehoiakim king of Judah had burned in the fire: and there were added besides unto them many like words."

Edited by Rick Schworer

• Members

I didn't read all 127 posts of this, but I read enough to get the feeling that the differences in KJVs were causing some to stumble as to what is the word of God and what's not. This is actually pretty common, I ran into the same thing on another forum a couple weeks ago.

I think the Lord answered this for us a long time ago with the story of Jeremiah and Baruch. The "originals" were cut up and thrown into a fire. They were the perfect and inspired word of God. Then God had him write another "word of God". It was different from the first word of God, it had added words to it, but the content was still the same. They both were the inspired and perfect word of God.

This doesn't mean to suggest that modern versions are the same thing, they are not.

A change from Saviour to Savor doesn't make a KJB corrupt. They are all the perfect word of God, even if there are some variances. Once you start heading down the road of certain KJBs being corrupt, then all of a sudden the word of God becomes something atherial out there that no one has, which is right where the Greekers want you to be.

We don't even use the 1611 today, most of us couldn't read it if we saw it.

Jer. 36:32, "Then took Jeremiah another roll, and gave it to Baruch the scribe, the son of Neriah; who wrote therein from the mouth of Jeremiah all the words of the book which Jehoiakim king of Judah had burned in the fire: and there were added besides unto them many like words."

For comparison.

Jer 36:32 Then tooke Ieremiah another roule, and gaue it to Baruch the scribe the sonne of Neriah, who wrote therein from the mouth of Ieremiah, all the words of the booke which Iehoiakim king of Iudah had burnt in the fire, and there were added besides vnto them, many like words.
KJ1611

True