• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Surveillance

• Members

I think businesses should do whatever they want. But as far as gov't surveillance - that's not good.

Even though I don't like some of their things they put on their show (marital affair and such), PBS (comtempary mystery) had a show about this called "The Last Enemy" This show is based on UK.

• Members

Lets think about this.

13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;

14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.

15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

1 Peter 2:13-15 (KJV)

1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

Romans 13:1-3 (KJV)

Just think, what this goverment did to Jesus, also what it did to His apostles, but yet God's Word says the goverment is not a terror to good works, but to evil.

But it goes on to say.

14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;

1 Peter 3:14 (KJV)

Which makes me think of this.

28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.

29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to OBey God rather than men.

Acts 5:28-29 (KJV)

Did Peter and the other apostles complain about having to spend time in jail? Seems after getting out of jail they felt, even after just being jailed, that if man's law violated God's law, they should OBey God's law even though it would mean they would again go to jail.

So my conclusion is if our work are good, and not evil, we should have nothing to fear.

I understand to there be those who disagree with me on this, that claims we do not have to OBey our government at anytime.