• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Losing my personality?

• Members

I have what could be considered a "normal" bald head - somewhat slick on top with hair around the sides and back. But right in the center on top and close to the front is this little island of hair that tends to grow any way it wants to. There's not enough hair to comb to one side or even to brush straight back. Not near enough for a Donald Trump comb-over. I guess I could let the sides and back grow back and just shave the top, but everybody's so used to my shaven head now that I might as well keep it shaven.

My shaven head has prevented me from wearing ball caps any longer. I got sunburned once while playing softball, so the back of my neck and partway up the back of my head were flaming red, while the very top was still snow white! Now, I just use a lot of sunscreen.

Sorry about hijacking the thread. Back to our regular programming.

• Members

Well, my decision, based on a personal conviction, was to got for a very short haircut - and I did ask people for advice. Everything led that way, and so I went for it. Most of my family like it very much, so I'll stay clippered! Few jokes about my big ears, mind.

• Members

Well, my decision, based on a personal conviction, was to got for a very short haircut - and I did ask people for advice. Everything led that way, and so I went for it. Most of my family like it very much, so I'll stay clippered! Few jokes about my big ears, mind.

Well, if you were convicted to get it cut real short then that is what you should do. The Bible says whatsoever is not of faith is sin. Don't let people knock you down; stay to your convictions as long as they are Biblical! Keep on striving to be the man God wants you to be!

• Members

Hi all,

Over the last 12 months, I've changed a lot of things. I had a rebellious, wild debauched lifestyle, smoked dope, messed with girls, hung out with the wrong crowd!

All that has changed - my conversion has meant putting all those things away, and becoming a new creation. It's not as if those things ever made me really happy anyway. In fact, do they make anyone happy?

But it has led to the accusation from old friends that I have lost my personality and my uniqeness. Maybe my huge change of appearance recently has partly led to that conclusion.

Yet surely, if those things were part of my old personailty, I must be far better off without them. If we're "new" those old things must go away. That's true for every real Christian isn't it?

Occassionally, you will remember something about old friends and wish they knew the 3 new friends you now have Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Nice to see you posting again. How is your Bible reading going?

• Members

Occassionally, you will remember something about old friends and wish they knew the 3 new friends you now have Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Nice to see you posting again. How is your Bible reading going?

That is so true, one of my old friends is now an alcoholic. He has lost at least 3 homes, now living with an older brother.

But he does not think that he is an alcoholic even though there is never a day that goes by that he does not drink alcoholic beverages of some type. He actually thinks that alcoholic beverages is the only friend that he has. He does not believe the bottle can or will let you down.

• Members

When I got saved 16 years ago, my change was radical in so many areas. Sin was and always will be a battle but the changes made my friends question who I was. They told me they could not wait till I was out of my RELIGIOUS STAGE. 16 years later, guess im still in it.

Just let the Lord lead and he will lead you and mould you.

• Members

It hard, if not impossible, for Jesus to be you best friend them be friends with those of this world, seems we have nothing in common with them. I enjoy talking about Jesus, but seems they don't like such conversations, they would rather talk about getting drunk, or who sowed out at the dance, going to the race track and gambling, and or gossip about who is cheating on whose wife, or about the how many tickets your going to buy in the up coming big lottery drawing.