• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Great Pyramid and the Bible . . .

• Members

Hello all, I was just surfing the web and noticed this article:
http://www.biblestudents.com/endtimesarchives_sum99.cfm
I don't know if this discussion has come up on this board yet or not but I am interested in your thoughts. Do you think these people who associate Biblical themes with the great pyramid and rely on passages like Is. 19:19-20 are just going way to far with symbology? Do you think the Great Pyramid is/was to show Biblical truth? I recall a book by Clarence Larkin in which he discuss this in detail. Are they going to far with coincidence?

• Members

Hello all, I was just surfing the web and noticed this article:
http://www.biblestudents.com/endtimesarchives_sum99.cfm
I don't know if this discussion has come up on this board yet or not but I am interested in your thoughts. Do you think these people who associate Biblical themes with the great pyramid and rely on passages like Is. 19:19-20 are just going way to far with symbology? Do you think the Great Pyramid is/was to show Biblical truth? I recall a book by Clarence Larkin in which he discuss this in detail. Are they going to far with coincidence?

My opinion is that Isaiah 19 contains currently unfulfilled prophesy and has nothing at all to do with the Great Pyramid. I think it is quite a stretch to imagine that it is speaking of the Great Pyramid. People are always trying to make something mystical out of the Great Pyramid and I think this is just a Christianized example of that.

• Members

Josephus tells of a Jewish Temple, built in Egypt, as a result of this prophecy, in the time of the Ptolemies.

Most commentaries I have checked seem to agree with this interpretation. I think the Great Pyramid interpretation seems a little off. For one thing how often in the middle of prophetic literature does the symbology turn to a past event. I mean the pyramids have been around since 2500 BC and Isaiah was not written till around 800 BC.

As a side note, if this is still a future event that Isaiah is talking about does that mean that sacrifice will be re-instituted in the future?

• Members

The final sacrifice has been made, Jesus Christ..Emmanuel!! We are NOW made righteous by the Blood of the Lamb that was slain. We are NOW sanctified...and much more. We haven't done this but Christ our Lord has finished His work and has SAT DOWN on His Father's right hand side. The Priest being under the Law alway's STOOD because their sacrifice's only COVERED sin but when Jesus BECAME SIN FOR US then He sat down because it is finished!! If sacrifices happen again I believe that would be the Liar, who "will sit in the throne AS god" and decieve many ...so perhap's he would reinact sacrifices as well??!!

• Members

Aren't the "Bible Students" the Russellites who did not become JWs when Rutherford took over?

I've seen complex calculations & interpretations based on the gt pyramid's dimensions - measured in yards not cubits, & other anachronisms.

What a load of rubbish!

• Members
As a side note, if this is still a future event that Isaiah is talking about does that mean that sacrifice will be re-instituted in the future?

Yes. We know that some form of sacrifice will exist during the millennial reign of Christ from the book of Ezekiel. It is very possible that Isaiah 19:18-25 may be speaking of events during or leading up to this period but I am not completely certain as to the time frame when this is to occur. One thing is very clear though, it certainly has not been fulfilled as of yet. Take a look at verses 24 and 25 in the chapter.

Isaiah 19:24-25 In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land: Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.

In the past every time Israel got close to Egypt or Assyria they were in sin and not trusting in God. In these verses The lands of Egypt, Assyria, and Israel are apparently best buddies and all three are following the Lord. There has definitely been no time in past history where the lands of Egypt, Assyria, and Israel were best friends and all following the Lord.

• Members

The final sacrifice has been made, Jesus Christ..Emmanuel!! We are NOW made righteous by the Blood of the Lamb that was slain. We are NOW sanctified...and much more. We haven't done this but Christ our Lord has finished His work and has SAT DOWN on His Father's right hand side. The Priest being under the Law alway's STOOD because their sacrifice's only COVERED sin but when Jesus BECAME SIN FOR US then He sat down because it is finished!! If sacrifices happen again I believe that would be the Liar, who "will sit in the throne AS god" and decieve many ...so perhap's he would reinact sacrifices as well??!!

While it is true that Christs blood covered all scripture makes it evident that sacrifices will be restored in the land of Israel at least during the millennial reign of Christ. This is prOBably done for a remembrance of Christs work since OBviously the blood of animals covers nothing.

• Members

While it is true that Christs blood covered all scripture makes it evident that sacrifices will be restored in the land of Israel at least during the millennial reign of Christ. This is prOBably done for a remembrance of Christs work since OBviously the blood of animals covers nothing.

Where does Scripture 'make it evident' that sacrifices will be restored?

That sounds like what Paul condemned as cursed in Galatians.

• Members

But, remember Kevin, the Jewish people do not accept Christ as the Messiah. And it is the Jewish people who will once again offer sacrifices.

Some Jewish people do. I knew one until he died a few months ago. Any sacrifices would be meaningless as the world including the Jews have the "Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world."

Remember this was spoken to Jews.
John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
John 1:36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!