• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Chitter Chatter Thread -- Anything Goes

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Haha. Nah....not "just" for the snacks. ;)

We started a new series last week because of the Christmas season. We're doing a video series on the Purpose of Christmas by Rick Warren. Last week was the celebration of Christmas and today was the salvation of Christmas. Then there are discussion questions to go through after the video. Next week is the Christmas party. :D

• Members

Party time!! :yeah: I love Christmas season. I love the caroling, the parties, the whole thing. It is a good time to reflect on Jesus coming down to this earth in the form of a human, so we could have eternal life! Not that I don't think about that the rest of the year. I love the Christmas songs a lot. If I could get away with it, I would ask my dad to sing them in church year round. Next week I get to help my mom make the Christmas goodies. Yummy! I hope you will learn from your study and grow from it.

• Members

I'm hoping to. It's been good, so far. It's only three sessions long so we'll see how the last session goes. It's a little harder to discuss. The Prodigal God series we just finished up was much easier in that regard.

Yeah, I love the parties. Only have three planned, so far, but we'll see if anymore pop up. This Saturday, I have to go in the afternoon to a family Christmas party at my uncle's house and then I have to leave from there to go to a Christmas dance party with a bunch of friends. Then next Tuesday, we'll have our Bible study party.

• Administrators

I'm glad it didn't ice over for you, Kevin!

At my folk's house, it's windy a lot, and especially at the beginning of winter (they live near the Pacific Ocean). While I was there, the wind blew trees down 2 different nights, knocking the power out. The first night it was just 2 hours and a local prOBlem. The next time it was 17 hours and extended for many miles. There are so many trees there that they are close to the power lines - so when the wind blows hard enough after it rains a bit, down some of them come!

• Administrators

Jess, that was what thrilled me the most when I taught my son! To see that little guy actually reading. It's also what I liked best about teaching in a regular class!

Kevin - my dad has a generator, so he's able to hook some things up to it. The first night, one of the cords was ripped, so the only things he could hook up were the fridge, a heat fan and my grandma's reading light. The second night he had replaced the cord, so they were able to run the tv also. No internet to lose. Hmmm - spying, eh? :icon_mrgreen: