• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Holy Spirit and the Rapture

• Members

Dispensationalism is a basic system of interpretation adopted by many denominations and groups, it only makes sense that there are going to be variations. This is just an example of that.

I remember working with a group of Church of Christ guys. At the same time there were charismatics and some other modern day Christians. There were also other KJVO Baptist there too, it was crazy - everyone had a religion (we even had a Buddhist!) The CoC guys always leveled the accusation at us that because we had disagreements among us that that proved our system of Christianity to be false and that everyone should convert to waterdogism. I told them that our differences just illustrated the freedom of thought amongst us and that we were not held hostage by a clone factory.

I’m not saying the other systems are clone factories, but in-house debates and discussion between dispensationalists certainly do not negate the underlying system.