• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prescription medication and Sorcery

• Members

My boyfriend who works in a medical clinic talks about this subject all the time. He told me he doesn't trust a lot of doctors because of reasons Jerry mentioned such as the kickbacks and such. Also they don't test which drugs contraindicate other drugs. They do know of a few but there are far too many drugs out there to know which drugs should not be taken with others. He also talks about the side effects. While drugs are not inherently evil, many doctors no longer care to cure people but push drugs on them that are uneccessary.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes, and there be those who will prescribe one medicine for you, instead of another which would be the best for you, simply because he receives bribes from that drug maker, or perhaps a larger bribe.

One of my favorite past doctors, I was so disappointed for I learned he received all expense paid trips by a drug company. I feel it is a big wrong for the drug companies to bribe doctors in the manner, but many doctors feel its a legitimate way for them to earn money.

Ps 26:10 In whose hands is mischief, and their right hand is full of bribes.

1Sa 8:3 And his sons walked not in his ways, but turned aside after lucre, and took bribes, and perverted judgment.

As the Holy Word says, bribes perverts judgment, and doctor who takes them is not truly out for the best interest of his patient. Its sad at the amount of bribing that takes place in most business, its become a way of life.

• Members

There are also the little things that drug companies give the practitioners to keep their name in front of them, such as pens, notepads and post it notes, all with the company's name on them.

Here where we have a National Health Service, if I need 10 tablets and the box has 30, the Dr will prescribe 10 taks and the pharmacist will take 10 out of the box and give me those. In France where they have an Insurance based system the doctor will prescribe 30 tabs and tell me to only take 10.

• Members

I've done a lot of research on pediatric psychotropic drugs for children. These drugs do not cure or treat any physical illness (unless, like most evolutionists, you believe that every aspect of our nature is purely physical). I agree that medication to treat physical illnesses and symptoms has its place, but we should be very concerned about medication, legal or not, that alters the mind or emotions.

Isaiah treated Hezekiah's boil with a lump of figs and God didn't condemn him for that. So I know that medication used strictly for an OBvious physical ailment must be okay, but I have a lot of questions about pills that alter our thinking or change our emotions.

Does anybody know why certain medications stop people from hearing voices or feeling certain emotions? Does everyone on here believe that psychiatric prOBlems are purely physical? And if not, then should we be taking medication that has an effect beyond the physical? What does Rev. 18:23 mean? That all nations are being deceived by some witch doctor or illegal drugs? I've discussed this with my husband, and he thinks it's interesting that the word "sorceries" in Rev. 18:23 comes from the Greek word for medicine although in other places it is translated from the Greek word for magic or witchcraft, but we don't have all the answers.

• Administrators

Don't forget that Luke was a doctor...I don't believe God is against medicine. I believe He's against the abuse of it. There many things that can be used for illness that, if abused, become addictive and therefore wrong. The massive drug usage we see all around us is more in line with what I think God is saying in Rev. People who are strung out on drugs and/or drunkards are easily controlled and deceived...

• Members

I've done a lot of research on pediatric psychotropic drugs for children. These drugs do not cure or treat any physical illness (unless, like most evolutionists, you believe that every aspect of our nature is purely physical). I agree that medication to treat physical illnesses and symptoms has its place, but we should be very concerned about medication, legal or not, that alters the mind or emotions.

Isaiah treated Hezekiah's boil with a lump of figs and God didn't condemn him for that. So I know that medication used strictly for an OBvious physical ailment must be okay, but I have a lot of questions about pills that alter our thinking or change our emotions.

Does anybody know why certain medications stop people from hearing voices or feeling certain emotions? Does everyone on here believe that psychiatric prOBlems are purely physical? And if not, then should we be taking medication that has an effect beyond the physical? What does Rev. 18:23 mean? That all nations are being deceived by some witch doctor or illegal drugs? I've discussed this with my husband, and he thinks it's interesting that the word "sorceries" in Rev. 18:23 comes from the Greek word for medicine although in other places it is translated from the Greek word for magic or witchcraft, but we don't have all the answers.

Brain is a strange and mysterious thing. God made the Earth, all the little critters, and people in a way where we can study how things work.
So yes, I think psychiatric prOBlem is physical. I have cochlear implant, and even understanding how the electrode help me hear by sending signal to my brain using electric impulses. It doesn't make sense, but it works.

People with psychiatric prOBlems still able to make decision if they want to believe or not (they talk about God all the time... even though they get delusion about it). I have even know alot who rejected God because they feel they can't distinguish from psychiatric prOBlem and faith in God. So, medicine or not, I don't think it will alter their mind too much. In fact, the only time I think it will is if they are unconscious or veggie state.

• Members

My humble opinion only.

Behavioral drugs for children, most of the times its because the father & mother have not took time to correct their children and teach them to behave, all they have received from their parents is mixed signals. This causes the children to be totally confused, especially when they enter public school.

I saw it 1st hand with my daughter and her husband, I hated it when they gave my grandson such drugs.

• Members

Jerry, many people believe the biblical answer to behavioral prOBlems is abusive, yet they have no prOBlem with controlling behavior through drugs. If you look at the symptoms that Ritalin is supposed to correct, most of them are behavioral.

Unfortunately, an alarming percentage of American children are taking these psychotropic medications not because they are sick, but because they have behavioral prOBlems. And the sad thing is, the medicine often works, producing a complacent child with a weakened spirit, I believe. It certainly does nothing to "deliver his soul from hell."

But anyway, I can't say all these medications are sorcery because it's a complicated issue, and I certainly don't have the answers....just a lot of questions.

As a side note, I think it's interesting that the word "psychological" is defined by Webster (1828) as "Pertaining to a treatise on the soul, or to the study of the soul of man." Maybe back then people were smarter, but I'm amazed that so many people really believe that psychology is the study of white and gray matter.

• Members

Jerry, many people believe the biblical answer to behavioral prOBlems is abusive, yet they have no prOBlem with controlling behavior through drugs. If you look at the symptoms that Ritalin is supposed to correct, most of them are behavioral.

Unfortunately, an alarming percentage of American children are taking these psychotropic medications not because they are sick, but because they have behavioral prOBlems. And the sad thing is, the medicine often works, producing a complacent child with a weakened spirit, I believe. It certainly does nothing to "deliver his soul from hell."

But anyway, I can't say all these medications are sorcery because it's a complicated issue, and I certainly don't have the answers....just a lot of questions.

As a side note, I think it's interesting that the word "psychological" is defined by Webster (1828) as "Pertaining to a treatise on the soul, or to the study of the soul of man." Maybe back then people were smarter, but I'm amazed that so many people really believe that psychology is the study of white and gray matter.

And yes, at 63, I'm well aware that most feel one who displaces their children according to the Bible are abusing their children, sad thing, its waxing worse with each new generation.

Of course parents do not want to believe its their fault, sad, there be few who will face their responsibility and or take blame for their failures. Its easier to go along with the teacher, the doctor and give their child a pill.

As for these medications are sorcery, I don't think I've stated that, but I have said that many of the symptoms they cause, and changes they make in the person who takes them, in the end the person is worse off that before, I base this on my older sister and others I have seen changed because of these mind altering drugs.

I might add, for people who are like my sister, some of the drugs they have can be helpful, but I feel they overload them with drugs. I know for sure some of the places my sister was in years back while father and mother were in control they did overload her with drugs.

Since them we have moved her back home in a normal nursing home and she does much better, but the effect of the drugs given her in the past for many years lingers on.

I might add, moving her to this normal nursing here at home was tough for a while, we had major prOBlems, but she finally adjusted and fits in real good There is no doubt my sister has trouble, that she can not process things as a normal person can, and cannot live on her own, she cannot manage nothing about life.

• Members

kevin, do you really believe the mind is purely physical? This is amazing. The word "psychology" translates from "psych" and "ology," not "psyche." "Psych" is more encompassing. But regardless, if you honestly think that psychologists spend most of their time studying a physical entity, you are wrong. Podiatrists study a physical part of the body. Even neurologists do. Physicians, including Luke, in the Bible healed physical prOBlems. As far as I know only the Great Physician healed spiritual prOBlems, as with Mary Magdalene who was healed of her "evil spirits and infirmities." (I'm getting a little over my head on this one, someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't believe depression is a sin, but it is a prOBlem in the spirit, not primarily the flesh. Psychiatrists will say there are physical symptoms in the brain associated with certain conditions; however, when examining patients, they don't pull out their PET scans or whatever they might use to determine a physical ailment in the brain. Unlike other doctors, psychiatrists base their diagnoses entirely on symptoms, many of them outside the realm of the physical. How do you feel? Are you angry? Sad? These are not physical characteristics.

That being said, our physical condition and our environment do affect the spirit. The Bible does say that "laughter doeth good like a medicine," and it's been proven that leading a healthy lifestyle and spending more time outdoors helps alleviate depressionfor many people. But the pharmaceutical industry and those who are supposed to regulate them have interconnecting ties, and everyone involved serves to profit if drugs are widely prescribed.

If you honestly believe that depression is a prOBlem of the mind, which you believe is strictly physical, and that the answer is found in a pill, please consider the following two links.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/12/061206095421.htm

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/17/health/17depress.html?ex=1359262800&en=2cfe0aebc35a5bc9&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

• Members

kevin, do you really believe the mind is purely physical? This is amazing. The word "psychology" translates from "psych" and "ology," not "psyche." "Psych" is more encompassing. But regardless, if you honestly think that psychologists spend most of their time studying a physical entity, you are wrong. Podiatrists study a physical part of the body. Even neurologists do. Physicians, including Luke, in the Bible healed physical prOBlems. As far as I know only the Great Physician healed spiritual prOBlems, as with Mary Magdalene who was healed of her "evil spirits and infirmities." (I'm getting a little over my head on this one, someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't believe depression is a sin, but it is a prOBlem in the spirit, not primarily the flesh. Psychiatrists will say there are physical symptoms in the brain associated with certain conditions; however, when examining patients, they don't pull out their PET scans or whatever they might use to determine a physical ailment in the brain. Unlike other doctors, psychiatrists base their diagnoses entirely on symptoms, many of them outside the realm of the physical. How do you feel? Are you angry? Sad? These are not physical characteristics.

That being said, our physical condition and our environment do affect the spirit. The Bible does say that "laughter doeth good like a medicine," and it's been proven that leading a healthy lifestyle and spending more time outdoors helps alleviate depressionfor many people. But the pharmaceutical industry and those who are supposed to regulate them have interconnecting ties, and everyone involved serves to profit if drugs are widely prescribed.

If you honestly believe that depression is a prOBlem of the mind, which you believe is strictly physical, and that the answer is found in a pill, please consider the following two links.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/12/061206095421.htm

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/17/health/17depress.html?ex=1359262800&en=2cfe0aebc35a5bc9&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

Depression is often a chemical imbalance, not a physical prOBlem with the mind.

• Members

The root word is psych? I'm afraid you are in over your head. Not trying to be rude here. I'm not, by far, the expert on the etymology of words but I did study some Latin in school. Check out this link:

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=psychology
"Meaning the 'study of the mind.'"

They are not studying just the brain and the neurons and such that go into making it work but they are studying what comes about as a result of something physical. Again, you're confusing the spiritual with the physical. God did give us a mind that can operate without spiritual influence. I'm not saying that it can 100% of the time, but it can. Experiences as well as brain disorders can and will effect how our mind processes and responds to different situations and stimuli. It's not all spiritual. Some is, yes, but for the rest, we have psychologists. Not saying there aren't some quacks out there, but they aren't all humanists.