• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Jews preparing to rebuild Third Temple

• Members

Actually I have read Ezekiel. As the prophecy includes animal sacrifices, for that temple to be yet future would be a rejection & denial of the one true sacrifice of Christ on Calvary.

The dimension of Ezekiel's temple are different from those of Solomon's or Ezra/Herod's temple. So it has to be in reference to a future temple.

If God wants animal sacrifices in a future millennial temple who are we to judge him? Apparently they would be memorial sacrifices.

Replacement theology is been one of the most destructive and bloody heresies ever concocted by man.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The dimension of Ezekiel's temple are different from those of Solomon's or Ezra/Herod's temple. So it has to be in reference to a future temple.

I suggest you read Rick's "Eat your disps" article linked to the OP. You will see that Ezekiel was prophesying in & to another "dispensation." Hebrews explains:
Hbr 9:8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
Hbr 9:11 ¶ But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having OBtained eternal redemption [for us].

If God wants animal sacrifices in a future millennial temple who are we to judge him? Apparently they would be memorial sacrifices.

I'm not judging God, I am judging your pernicious doctrine. There is NO prophecy of future animal sacrifices in the New Covenant Scriptures, therefore there will be no future acceptable sacrifices.

Replacement theology is been one of the most destructive and bloody heresies ever concocted by man.

Rubbish. Only RT by your understanding. God's dealing with Israel as a nation ended in AD 70. Since then (& of course since Pentecost) they are simply a people who, like all other peoples & nations, need the Gospel of salvation through the Lord Jesus Christ.

Once saved, they are numbered with all the redeemed.

The fact that the Jews have been horribly persecuted down the ages has nothing to do with RT, only a total rejection of the Gospel by ungodly sinners who have falsely claimed Christian authority & persecuted Jews, believers & pagans alike.

• Members

What good would memorial sacrifices be? The memorial we have is the Lord's supper, the memorial the Jews had was the passover, but since Calvary, Christ is our passover. Christ gave himself a ransom for all. Once, for all Heb 10.10.

• Members

If I'm not mistaken, the temple that will be built for the Tribulation period is just for that. Since Israel, as a nation, as rejected Jesus as their Messiah, they will offer sacrifices in OBedience to the Torah.

Let's not forget what the purpose of the OT tabernacle and temple was for...for God to dwell among His people.

(Exodus 25:8) And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.

(2 Chronicles 6:1-2) Then said Solomon, The LORD hath said that he would dwell in the thick darkness. [2] But I have built an house of habitation for thee, and a place for thy dwelling forever.

OBviously God accepted this as His dwelling place among His people because we read later in the chapter:

(2 Chronicles 7:1) Now when Solomon had made an end of praying, the fire came down from heaven, and consumed the burnt-offering and the sacrifices; and the glory of the LORD filled the house.

Then, in Revelation 21:3, we find:

(Revelation 21:3) And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

However, it does say in Revelation 21:22

(Revelation 21:22) And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

• Members

If I'm not mistaken, the temple that will be built for the Tribulation period is just for that. Since Israel, as a nation, as rejected Jesus as their Messiah, they will offer sacrifices in OBedience to the Torah.

There is no prophecy of a future temple for a future tribulation period. If the Jews were to build a temple, it would be in continued disOBedience to God, & therefore in disOBedience to the Torah. There are no Aaronic priests who can show there lineage.

Let's not forget what the purpose of the OT tabernacle and temple was for...for God to dwell among His people.

(2 Chronicles 6:1-2) Then said Solomon, The LORD hath said that he would dwell in the thick darkness. [2] But I have built an house of habitation for thee, and a place for thy dwelling forever.

OBviously God accepted this as His dwelling place among His people because we read later in the chapter:

(2 Chronicles 7:1) Now when Solomon had made an end of praying, the fire came down from heaven, and consumed the burnt-offering and the sacrifices; and the glory of the LORD filled the house.

Those Scriptures are very clear. The tabernacle, & subsequently the temple were built in accordance with God's commands, & God owned them by filling them with his glory.

We could add, from Ezekiel 43: the glory of the LORD filled the house of the LORD.

If Ezekiel's prophecy is taken to be a future temple, it certainly is not a "tribulation temple" built in disOBedience to be destroyed. It was however prophesied to encourage the returning Jews, & just as the tabernacle was built according to the heavenly pattern, so Ezekiel's glorious temple was according to the same pattern, & is a picture prophecy of the heavenly temple of which all believers are living stones.

(Revelation 21:3) And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

(Revelation 21:22) And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

Rev. 21:3 is the perfect covenant fulfilment of Lev. 26, not of a future building.

Lev 26:9 ¶ For I will have respect unto you, and make you fruitful, and multiply you, and establish my covenant with you.
10 And ye shall eat old store, and bring forth the old because of the new.
11 And I will set my tabernacle among you: and my soul shall not abhor you.
12 And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people.

John wrote: Jhn 1:14 ¶ And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt [tabernacled] among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

• Members

Covenanter,

I would just like to double check to make sure I'm getting your meaning.

You say there is no Bible prophecy of a future temple.

The Jews could build a temple but if they do it's not because of Bible prophesy.

I want make sure I'm clear on this. There are Orthodox Jews who do claim to have traced enough ancestry to fill the temple with priests and others. To be clear, I'm not saying these Orthodox Jews are right, but that's their claim. In fact, they claim to be preparing those who will be in the temple and preparing everything for a future temple. These Orthodox Jews seem to be gaining ground with regards to pressing for a new temple to be built.

Given the above, if they do build another temple, or even begin to build one, many would proclaim such as a fulfillment of Bible prophecy. However, am I right in believing your position would be that since you don't see such in Bible prophecy, any new temple built would simply be a matter of those partiuclar Jews continuing to reject Christ and walk in disOBedience to God?

• Members

You're serious with your reply, right? How do you make a leap in logic that the temple in Ezekiel is what is being spoken of in Hebrews 9? Pure private interpretation on your part. If this is what Rick says, which I highly doubt, then he's dead wrong.

If God is done with the Jews as a nation, then he lied because many of the promises to Israel in the OT have not been fulfilled. And if you spiritualize them and apply them to the church then you are no better than a papist.

I encourage you to read Romans 9-11 and see what Paul says about arrogant Gentiles who think God is through with the nation of Israel.

Try reading David Brog's book Standing With Israel and let the Jews themselves tell you about their experience with the bloody, hellish doctrine of Replacement Theology.

• Members

What good would memorial sacrifices be? The memorial we have is the Lord's supper, the memorial the Jews had was the passover, but since Calvary, Christ is our passover. Christ gave himself a ransom for all. Once, for all Heb 10.10.

What God is the Lord's supper or baptism? It's called OBedience. If God says do it than you do it.

• Members

Great post but expect it to fall on deaf ears in here. It's amazing how many of the branches that were grafted in scoff and scorn the tree.

• Members
You're serious with your reply, right? How do you make a leap in logic that the temple in Ezekiel is what is being spoken of in Hebrews 9? Pure private interpretation on your part. If this is what Rick says, which I highly doubt, then he's dead wrong.

Don't worry bro, that's not what I say. :)

If God is done with the Jews as a nation, then he lied because many of the promises to Israel in the OT have not been fulfilled. And if you spiritualize them and apply them to the church then you are no better than a papist.

I encourage you to read Romans 9-11 and see what Paul says about arrogant Gentiles who think God is through with the nation of Israel.

Try reading David Brog's book Standing With Israel and let the Jews themselves tell you about their experience with the bloody, hellish doctrine of Replacement Theology.

Those are strong words, I'd be interested in that book.

Acts 3:19-20, "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.
20) And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:"

This verse is very clear that whoever is hearing this message would get their sins blotted out WHEN "the times of refreshing" would come and not before. The next verse shows that "the times of refreshing" is when Jesus returns. Everyone understands that it CAN'T be talking about an individual, it is a corporate promise to a group of people, and it just so turns out that Peter was preaching to a bunch of Jews in that passage.

Zech. 12:10, "And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn."

• Members

Covenanter,

I would just like to double check to make sure I'm getting your meaning.

You say there is no Bible prophecy of a future temple.

The Jews could build a temple but if they do it's not because of Bible prophesy.

I want make sure I'm clear on this.

There is no NT prophecy of a future temple. The OT prophecies, e.g. Ezek. 40 & Zech. 6 do not indicate an "end times" or millennial temple.

Ezekiel prophesied an idealalised temple, with sacrifices & land apportioning to all the tribes (with Dan heading the list, though he is excluded from the 144,000.) Ezekiel prophesied during the exile to encourage those who would return. He prophesied sin offerings. Eze 43:25 Seven days shalt thou prepare every day a goat [for] a sin offering: Why consider that prophecy yet future to us?

Zech. 6 is a prophecy of a temple built by the Messiah - the Branch - the priest-king Joshua/Jesus, who will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.

2 Thes. 2 was written around AD 50, & refers to the existing temple of God. A literal understanding of Rev. 11 is that it refers to the Jerusalem temple of God before the destruction. The argument for a late date is weak. The internal evidence for an early date is strong.

There are Orthodox Jews who do claim to have traced enough ancestry to fill the temple with priests and others. To be clear, I'm not saying these Orthodox Jews are right, but that's their claim. In fact, they claim to be preparing those who will be in the temple and preparing everything for a future temple. These Orthodox Jews seem to be gaining ground with regards to pressing for a new temple to be built.

Sadly they are living in rejection of their Messiah. When they repent & trust in Jesus they themselves are built into the true temple as living stones. The encouragement by Christian Zionists is false. They need the simple Gospel - as we all do.

Given the above, if they do build another temple, or even begin to build one, many would proclaim such as a fulfillment of Bible prophecy. However, am I right in believing your position would be that since you don't see such in Bible prophecy, any new temple built would simply be a matter of those partiuclar Jews continuing to reject Christ and walk in disOBedience to God?

Yes.

• Members

Thank you. Now I'm clear on your position. :thumb:

I agree with Covenanter in this. No priests so no sacrifices. It has been said that the sacrifices would be a memorial, but where in scripture do we find that? The temple of God at the moment is the church, "Your body."
The promise is not to build a temple, but to raise up again the tabernacle of David, a different thing altogether. "In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen."

Amos 9:8. Behold, the eyes of the Lord GOD are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from off the face of the earth; saving that I will not utterly destroy the house of JacOB, saith the LORD.
9 For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.
10 All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us.
11 ¶ In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:
12 That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, saith the LORD that doeth this.

The tabernacle of David is the Church.

Isa 16:5 And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness. Edited by Invicta