• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Jews preparing to rebuild Third Temple

• Members

I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with him, but Dr. Jack Van Impe believes that some Jews are preparing the way for Jesus and the building of the 3rd temple is a sign of Jesus' imminent return. On the contrary...I believe that the building of the 3rd temple is preparing the way for the Antichrist rather than Christ, and that the Antichrist sitting in the temple will be part of the strong delusion that God will send (2 Thess. 2:11), because according to Luke Christ is to sit upon the throne of David and rule in Jerusalem (Ps. 132:11,12; Is. 9:7; Ezek. 37:24,25; Amos 9:11-15; Lk. 1:32,33, etc.) and the Antichrist will mimic this event. As a result of this many will believe that the Antichrist is the true messiah.

2 Thessalonians 2:3,4 - Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

http://www.theworld.org/2009/08/10/israels-third-temple-movement/

Almost two thousand years ago, the second temple in Jerusalem was destroyed and the Jews in Palestine went into exile. Now some Jews in Israel today say it

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

There have been rumours of Jews planning to build a temple ever since the 6 day war. I can remember one preacher saying that the Jews had a prefabricated temple ready to erect. At the time, orthodox Jews said that the temple would not be built until Messiah comes.

• Members

I'm not sure what I believe on this because I keep hearing this same stuff and have been hearing it for years. I guess I'll believe it when it starts hitting at least regular conservative news. Or when Jesus comes back, LOL.

• Members

The temple will eventually be rebuilt. If not then how can the Antichrist sit in the temple declaring himself God?

We've discussed this in the 2 Thes. thread.

Paul made that prophecy around AD 50, while the Jerusalem temple of God was standing. He was OBviously referring to that temple - & its prophesied destruction in AD 70. (Mat. 24)

Why should we lift that prophecy to be yet future to us?

• Members

We've discussed this in the 2 Thes. thread.

Paul made that prophecy around AD 50, while the Jerusalem temple of God was standing. He was OBviously referring to that temple - & its prophesied destruction in AD 70. (Mat. 24)

Why should we lift that prophecy to be yet future to us?

Then please tell me who the "man of sin" was that sat in the temple of God claiming he was God? I, along with the rest of history, must have miss hearing about it. Don't forget too that this particular individual was to be destroyed at the second coming of Christ.

Can't you see how mad your teaching of covenant theology and amillenialism is?

• Members

Then please tell me who the "man of sin" was that sat in the temple of God claiming he was God? I, along with the rest of history, must have miss hearing about it. Don't forget too that this particular individual was to be destroyed at the second coming of Christ.

The reformers knew, are you not familiar with them?

• Members

The high priest prior to AD 70.
Act 23:2 And the high priest Ananias commanded them that stood by him to smite him on the mouth.
3 Then said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, [thou] whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law?
4 And they that stood by said, Revilest thou God's high priest?
These events take place BEFORE the second coming of Christ. Read carefully:
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

We need to note that Jesus spoke of coming to destroy the Jewish leaders & give the vineyard to others:
Mar 12:9 What shall therefore the lord of the vineyard do? he will come and destroy the husbandmen, and will give the vineyard unto others.

The Jewish leaders understood that parable.

We should therefore see AD 70 as a coming. Coming in the clouds of heaven. Note that the LORD attended the dedication of the tabernacle & the temple with a pillar of cloud. It is consistent with that to see the clouds of judgement in AD 70 as the coming of Christ according to his prophecy.

Psa 104:3 Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:

No! It is very consistent with Scripture. However, we need neither the millennium, nor covenant theology to see Paul's prophecy in 2T2 to refer to the temple then standing.

As my premil friends often say, "If the natural sense makes sense, seek no other meaning."

• Members

I only know what Jesus said... Matthew 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? 4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man decieve you. (Read all of what Jesus say's thru verse 41) This hasn't already happen, not yet. Jesus told me so! His by Grace

• 9 months later...
  • Members

There can be no future temple called the temple of God, with Jewish sacrifices fo the following reasons.

Christ's sacrifice was sufficient for all, Hebrews 7:27, 9:25-28

There are no priests, and can be no priests.
The sacrifice failed in AD 70 due to there being no priests qualified to offer it. They had all been murdered in the sedition. The seditious burnt down the records office, or archives containing the genealogies, so no priest could prove his ancestry, so anyone claiming to be a priest in the future must be polluted. see Ezra 2:62.