• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

[Movie] Fireproof

• 1 month later...
  • Members

My husband, son, oldest brother, and I watched the Movie... "Fireproof" over a month ago. My hubby, then, bought it for my birthday. Yeah... I cried at the end. I would recommend the movie to anyone. I, too, thought that they went a "little heavy" on the music... but, I considered the theme of the movie and context. I believe "Fireproof" is not just a movie for married couples, but for all people... young and old.

• Members

I wasn't that impressed. even though the wife did a lot of terrible things, she never apologized or asked for forgiveness. The entire burden was pushed on the husband. They also never really established the cause and effect between the main character and his mother. It seemed she was being a nag, then out of the blue, she's the mistreated hero. I didn't get that either. The actor who played the main character's father was a really poor actor. He sounded like he was delivering a seminar with every line. It seemed low budget in the production and directing.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

My brother and I watched the movie a little while ago, and I (and probably him, too) enjoyed it. I thought the acting was good, and the message was excellent.

I would say it's probably one of the best movies I've seen (quality-wise), especially since it was done by Christians. It did not seem cheap at all to me.

I liked seeing Kirk Cameron act, as I know of him of off "Way of the Master" with Ray Comfort.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members

The wife and I saw this movie this past Saturday night in our home. While the acting wasn't all A+ most of it was decent. The father was probably the most "unreal" in his acting skills, but it is my understanding that most of the actors were church volunteers (don't know how true or to what degree that is).

The story, action, drama, laughter and message easily kept our attention and I believe both main points were brought across very effectively. Salvation through Christ and a right marriage only through a right relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.

I wasn't bothered that the wife didn't do a big verbal "please forgive me for the way I treated you" as I found the final scene to clearly imply that and somethings do not need to be spelled out to be effectively communicated.

No offensive language or immoral dress and any music that was questionable was used in the appropriate context (lost people's weight room, etc.).

Definitely worth watching together as a couple, in our opinion!

• Administrators

That was one of things that I nocticed also. Guy seemed like a really nice guy, but did lack acting skills.

Yeah, I got the feeling he's more of a teacher than an actor...but overall the movie had a great message. We think it's a good movie for our son to see before he even gets serious about someone to marry!

• 6 months later...
  • Members

I wasn't that impressed. even though the wife did a lot of terrible things, she never apologized or asked for forgiveness. The entire burden was pushed on the husband. They also never really established the cause and effect between the main character and his mother. It seemed she was being a nag, then out of the blue, she's the mistreated hero. I didn't get that either. The actor who played the main character's father was a really poor actor. He sounded like he was delivering a seminar with every line. It seemed low budget in the production and directing.

I actually think that two of these points made the movie that much more real to me. Think about the way that everything was pushed onto the husband to make it work and compare that to Christ and His bride: it is the same. It was all up to Christ to pay all the price to have us as His bride. All we have to do is accept Him just as the wife finally did the husband.

As for the "mistreated hero"......exactly the same! Look at Christ and how we often treat Him by ignoring His leading and playing the harlot in our sins and pushing Him aside. He is exactly that: a mistreated hero. And I think that Cameron's character recognized that in the end just as the wife recognized it in the husband in this movie.

I found this movie to be challenging and a real blessing.....it may honestly be one of my all time favorites if not the very one.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

I liked this movie and want to see it again! It was very well made and for the most part, the acting was very good even though they were all amateurs. God’s hand was sooo on this movie. The message the Kendrick brothers wanted to get across came out loud and clear for me and it showed a mirror of myself and our relationship in many ways if not all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

This is one of my favorite movies, it always makes me cry a little :) I just know that alot of marriages have probably been saved because this movie is such a great tool to learn how God views marriage relationships. Flywheel is also a favorite of mine as well. All the Sherwood movies are great! Also I like how Fireproof is for the whole family, there isnt anything provocative or sensual in it so you feel safe watching it with the kiddos around :) I enjoy most the part where they physically move the car off the railroad and when Kirk goes into the house thats on fire to save the little girl. I love watching Way Of The Master so I was glad to see Kirk Cameron in this film :) God bless!

• 6 months later...
  • Members

This is a wonderful movie. Kirk Cameron gives a great performance of it. Acting completely not that great, these are unknown actors (Kirk Cameron of the exception). But it is dramatic and effective. This is very good if you and your spouse are experiencing some trouble. In a very positive message about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ this. A must see. 3 1 / 2 stars 4.