• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Ft. Hood Tragedy

• Administrators

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,572509,00.html

His name appears on radical Internet postings. A fellow officer says he fought his deployment to Iraq and argued with soldiers who supported U.S. wars. He required counseling as a medical student because of prOBlems with patients.

There are many unknowns about Nidal Malik Hasan, the man authorities say is responsible for the worst mass killing on a U.S. military base. Most of all, his motive.
Shouting "Allah Akbar" as he began...

http://townhall.com/news/politics-elections/2009/11/06/ft_hood_gen_gunman_went_on_measured_shooting

The base commander at Fort Hood says survivors of the shooting rampage have told him that the Army psychiatrist suspected in the violence carried out his gunfire in "a very calm and measured approach."

• Members

I thought we had general discharges for people who've suddenly become conscientious OBjectors. Seems that could have resolved his angst......but I know the military has changed a lot since I was in; so maybe they don't have that anymore.

General Discharges are for enlisted folks. This guy would have to resign his commissionand that resignation would have to be excepted or he would have to fulfill his appointment..., i.e. faithfully discharge his oath and appointment.

"I, Nidal Malik Hasan, having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of Major do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this OBligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God." (DA Form 71, 1 August 1959, for officers.)

He is a coward, he is not a so called freedom fighter, or soldier of some demi-god. If it were only his heart felt OBjection then he could have committed suicide. He needs to recover from his wounds and be subjected to the humiliation of a military courtsmartial which, I hope is made public. Also, that his sentence is the most severe possible under the UCMJ.

• Members

This is a product of our modern PC culture. Why allow your enemies to be in your army in the first place?

I have no hope that the current president will acknowledge or admit that Islam is our enemy since he seems so intent upon making Islam appear not only as good as Christianity but superior.

Had this man been espousing pro-white or one of the extreme forms of militant Christianity views as he did his pro-Muslim, extreme militant Islam views he would have been dealt with swiftly. Because he is Muslim and PC trumps common sense, he was not swiftly dealt with.

A retired colonel spoke on Fox News pointing out how this Muslim had cheered on the killings outside the recruiting center in Arkansas some months back. This Muslim proclaimed that more such acts should take place and more Muslims in America should take the war to the enemy.

This Muslim also proclaimed several times in public among other officers that the Muslims should rise up and unite in Afghanistan and Iraq and drive the infidel (Americans) out. This Muslim also spoke disrespectfully (to say the least) of the sons of other officers who were serving over there.

These, plus other incidents, as well as his militant postings on the internet, and yet they failed to put this guy in check.

• Members

America is trying to be so goody goody, political correct, she makes it so easy for her enemies to stab her in the back from within.

I might add, doing this has set her up for her own destruction. She has gone the way of many good churches who no longer let Jesus into their worship services. This did not happen overnight, it happened very slowly over many years in a very slow process so that no one noticed the direction she was headed.

All that said, seems to me this whole world is going in the direction the Bible has predicted, remember the Bible is always right, and judgment waits just around the corner and nothing is done in Washington with that thought being the center of their attention while staying focused on the one true living God, they would rather pedal to those who hold to the false gods with Islam being the prominent one while putting up treasures in earthly places. That is actually the only thing on the mind of our government and those who are in power as well as those who want to be in power.

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disOBedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

2 Tim 3:1-7 (KJV)

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

2 Peter 3:3-7 (KJV

Its true, if anyone wants a true lasting hope it can only be found in Jesus, never in a worldly government, NEVER. It was the same way during the days Jesus and His apostles walked on this earth, few heeded their warning in those day just as few heed them today for the let the prince of the power of the air blind them to the truths of the one living God.

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disOBedience:
3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
Eph 2:2-3 (KJV)

Yes, the large majority of American would rather be political correct than to truly put all their faith in the living God and trust Him for their needs and future for they let the old devil deceive them and the lust of the flesh is their main concern.

Few made it through the 1st judgment that came on this world, remember just 8 were on the ark trusting the living God, few will make it through the next one.

Just think, there were man false prophets in the world during the days that great preacher Noah proclaimed God's truths, few listened to him, the same it true today.

Will you be among that number that are actually following Christ and His Father?

• Members

I am so glad the shooter is in the military. Hopefully he lives because he will be tried in a military court of his peers and be put in a military jail. My prayer is that thru this he will come to know the Lord as his Saviour then lead other muslims to Christ. I just want to point out what a great jOB the women did in shooting him. People can be critical of her not killing him. Shooting on a range and shooting when your husband's life is in danger along with other people I'm sure she knew well is another thing all together. I had to laugh when I heard a women took him down. Could he be anymore humiliated? The LORD "allows" all things for a reason. This is just one of those times in our lives we won't understand now but later! He really convienced me to read the Koran after shooting and killing a 17 yr. old GIRL, a 19 yr. old BOY, and the most helpful was the wife kissing her husband good-bye for several months along with thier baby still inside her...a gift from The LORD. We do not worship the same GOD!!!

• Members

Unless OBama insists he be otherwise treated, then:
He will be tried under the United States Code of Military Justice in a General Courts Martial (bold added by me below).

818. ART. 18. JURISDICTION OF GENERAL COURTS-MARTIAL
Subject to section 817 of this title (article 17), general courts-martial have jurisdiction to try persons subject to this chapter for any offense made punishable by this chapter and may, under such limitations as the President may prescribe, adjudge any punishment not forbidden by this chapter, including the penalty of death when specifically authorized by this chapter. General courts-martial also have jurisdiction to try any person who by the law of war is subject to trial by a military tribunal and may adjudge any punishment permitted by the law of war. However, a general court-martial of the kind specified in section 816(1)(B) of this title (article 16(1)(B)) shall not have jurisdiction to try any person for any offense for which the death penalty may be adjudged unless the case has been previously referred to trial as noncapital case.

He will be charged with multiple articles under the UCMJ, not the least of which is:

918. ARTICLE 118. MURDER
Any person subject to this chapter whom without justification or excuse, unlawfully kills a human being, when he- -
(1) has a premeditated design to kill;
(2) intends to kill or inflict great bodily harm;
(3) is engaged in an act which is inherently dangerous to others and evinces a wanton disregard of human life; or
(4) is engaged in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of burglary, sodomy, rape, rOBbery, or aggravated arson;

is guilty of murder, and shall suffer such punishment as a court-martial may direct, except that if found guilty under clause (1) or (4), he shall suffer death or imprisonment for life as a court-martial may direct.

My preference would be the maximum penalty.

Here are others which may be charged against him:
Article 81. Conspiracy.
Article 83. Fraudulent enlistment, appointment, or separation.
Article 88. Contempt toward officials.
Article 92. Failure to OBey order or regulation.
Article 107. False official statements.
Article 114. Dueling.
Article 116. Riot or breach of peace.
Article 118. Murder.
Article 119. Manslaughter.
Article 124. Maiming.
Article 128. Assault.
Article 132. Frauds against the United States.
Article 133. Conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman.
Article 134. General Article.

• Members

Unless OBama insists he be otherwise treated, then:
He will be tried under the United States Code of Military Justice in a General Courts Martial (bold added by me below).

818. ART. 18. JURISDICTION OF GENERAL COURTS-MARTIAL
Subject to section 817 of this title (article 17), general courts-martial have jurisdiction to try persons subject to this chapter for any offense made punishable by this chapter and may, under such limitations as the President may prescribe, adjudge any punishment not forbidden by this chapter, including the penalty of death when specifically authorized by this chapter. General courts-martial also have jurisdiction to try any person who by the law of war is subject to trial by a military tribunal and may adjudge any punishment permitted by the law of war. However, a general court-martial of the kind specified in section 816(1)(B) of this title (article 16(1)(B)) shall not have jurisdiction to try any person for any offense for which the death penalty may be adjudged unless the case has been previously referred to trial as noncapital case.

He will be charged with multiple articles under the UCMJ, not the least of which is:

918. ARTICLE 118. MURDER
Any person subject to this chapter whom without justification or excuse, unlawfully kills a human being, when he- -
(1) has a premeditated design to kill;
(2) intends to kill or inflict great bodily harm;
(3) is engaged in an act which is inherently dangerous to others and evinces a wanton disregard of human life; or
(4) is engaged in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of burglary, sodomy, rape, rOBbery, or aggravated arson;

is guilty of murder, and shall suffer such punishment as a court-martial may direct, except that if found guilty under clause (1) or (4), he shall suffer death or imprisonment for life as a court-martial may direct.

My preference would be the maximum penalty.

Here are others which may be charged against him:
Article 81. Conspiracy.
Article 83. Fraudulent enlistment, appointment, or separation.
Article 88. Contempt toward officials.
Article 92. Failure to OBey order or regulation.
Article 107. False official statements.
Article 114. Dueling.
Article 116. Riot or breach of peace.
Article 118. Murder.
Article 119. Manslaughter.
Article 124. Maiming.
Article 128. Assault.
Article 132. Frauds against the United States.
Article 133. Conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman.
Article 134. General Article.

1st thing that comes to mind is the firing squad. Seems that would fit the crime.

Being Muslim, I wounder will he want that quick death so that he can go on to reap those rewards promised for a Muslim martyr.

Are will he plead insanity in order to try and get out of the quick death fearing hell might be waiting on him instead of that Muslim reward?

• Members

His defense, if he survives and can be tried, would likely depend upon just how committed to Islam he is. Those most committed are very defiant and welcome a martyres death.

It's good to see there are some who are trying to, or at least contemplating, calling this attack what it is; an Islamic terrorist attack. I've heard a colonel and a lt. colonel on Fox News both calling this and Islamic terrorist attack. The lt. colonel went so far as to call on OBama to stop playing PC and call it what it is and respond accordingly.

Senator Joe Lieberman is raising the idea this should be viewed as an Islamic terrorist attack.

• Members

of course.

most suicide bombers do their jOB alone.

he is no different from rest. We don't go attacking muslims overseas, but people who do this sort of thing. From what I understand, we are trying to stop them from doing this. We should have stop him from our very own military base.

I think he simply wanted to stop the unit from going overseas .