• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Maine same sex marriage overturned

• Administrators

Well, it appears that voting can still have a good effect. Maine voters were out in large numbers, causing those in favor of keeping the same sex law to believe that it would help them. But, just like in Ohio, the voters were coming out to express their desire to not have same sex marriage legal.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/us_gay_marriage_analysis/2009/11/04/281360.html

Every state where voters have been allowed to vote on the matter has turned same sex marriage down.

Hmmm, methinks the rank and file of Americans still hold to some standards!

• Members

Yes, it's good to see such voted down.

The homosexual lOBby has been overreaching, as liberals so often do. Now they will follow the liberal playbook of easing it in bit by bit while they try to get judges and legislatures to force their will into law.

Sad to say, while voters keep voting down homosexual "marriage", many of these same voters would not have a prOBlem with various forms of "partner" laws which give benefits and "rights" to homosexual couples like married couples have.

• Members

my two aunts (sisters) raised my cousin together whose father left them a long time ago. I wouldn't mind if they had the same benefit as married people because they depend on each other to survive. BUT I don't think they don't want the term "marriage" as they don't want people to think that way.

beside, it is hard to tell if two people are friends or not... So if two good friends decided to get "marry" it wouldn't be fair for people who are relatives but forbidden to receive any benefits. I know two opposite sex can be friends too, but it is easy for them to have a child within one night.