• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Girls drive jeep into lake.. all die

• Members

Very possible, but why make phone calls rather than open the doors or windows and get out of the sinking vehicle?

Something odd here.

Of course I saw a story on The Weather Channel about a woman in an SUV that sank in a storm and she couldn't get out because she paniced. Men tried to break out the windows but that didn't work. The wipers on the SUV were still working so the power was still on. The woman finally pushed a window button and a guy barely got his arm in but then somehow he got the woman out. When they pulled the SUV out later they were all stunned to see that ALL the windows were fully up. Everyone was wondering how the window they pulled her out of got back up afterwards?

Of course, none of them considered the hand of God...or if they did, that didn't get mentioned in the program.

computer malfunctioning in the water(or under water pressure) ?

it was the Hand of God that got her out quickly enough, but still I wonder if there is something wrong with electronic windows that we need to be aware of.

• Members

Very possible, but why make phone calls rather than open the doors or windows and get out of the sinking vehicle?

I mean, the news reported that the only reason they went out was because they wanted to go stargazing, not drinking. I think they were just looking for a perfect spot for it.

• Members

Jerry8 :goodpost:

Thank you.

As I said, I'm guilty of this, I get carried away too, thinking of the worse things that can happen. Seems the older I get, the worse I get, it should be just the opposite. I suppose it may be because of all the evil things I've seen people do & or heard of them doing.

• Members

We thought it was possible there was some sort of drinking or something going on, seems they didn't have full reason, even the phone calls didn't seem coherent from what I heard. Oh well. So many weird things in the news lately.

• Members

It was pitch black in the middle of nowhere. Chances are, they were prOBably pretty deep in before they even realized they were in water. I spilled a cup of water on my cell phone a few months ago and it completely shorted out. Never worked again. I can only imagine that the same thing would happen to electronic car windows. As has been mentioned earlier, the water pressure could prevent the doors from opening. Even if they were drinking, it is highly doubtful that all three of them were too drunk to operate a motarized window. The fact that they made a distress call makes me think that they tried to get out. This sounds like a tragic accident, and nothing more.

I was a beach lifeguard while younger and we were taught that if a vehicle goes into a body of water, the occupants should move to the very back. The front will sink first due to the weight of the engine, forcing all the air to the rear. While in the rear, try to open a window or break out the back glass.

• Members

Back a few months ago I went into the swimming pool at my parents home in Florida. I forgot my cell phone in my trunks. It started buzzing telling me it was in water. I immediately took it out of my pocket, removed the battery and let it sit for 4 days. It works fine....go figure.

• Members

Back a few months ago I went into the swimming pool at my parents home in Florida. I forgot my cell phone in my trunks. It started buzzing telling me it was in water. I immediately took it out of my pocket, removed the battery and let it sit for 4 days. It works fine....go figure.

OK, I'll figure.

One cell phone can take the water, the next one may not. One car may go underwater and the windows work, the next one may not.

Also, most people doesn't do the right thing when in panic, a few people do. Plus, even if they did not panic, they prOBably had nothing to break the windows out with.

When under water in panic, with death staring you in the face, I would imagine most people would not sound very coherent, stone sOBer are drunk.

• Members

Jerry, I wasn't by any means disagreeing with you about the girls, the truck or the circumstances. I was merely saying what happened to my phone. I too had always assumed any and all electronics going under water would get fried right away and stop functioning right away, when this happened to me I experienced something very different. That's all I was saying. Sorry to chase a rabbit path.

• Members

It was pitch black in the middle of nowhere. Chances are, they were prOBably pretty deep in before they even realized they were in water.

I don't buy it. As soon as you it the water the car floats. It does not "stay on the ground." Surely you can feel that (and hear the splash) even in pitch black.

I was a beach lifeguard while younger and we were taught that if a vehicle goes into a body of water, the occupants should move to the very back. The front will sink first due to the weight of the engine, forcing all the air to the rear. While in the rear, try to open a window or break out the back glass.

NO NO NO... If you go into water THE FIRST THING YOU DO IS OPEN THE DOOR WHILE YOU CAN! If you don't open door immediately pressure will prevent you from opening it.

• Members

Jerry, I wasn't by any means disagreeing with you about the girls, the truck or the circumstances. I was merely saying what happened to my phone. I too had always assumed any and all electronics going under water would get fried right away and stop functioning right away, when this happened to me I experienced something very different. That's all I was saying. Sorry to chase a rabbit path.

I did not think you were, I'm glad you posted that and was actually thinking out loud so to speak.

Come to think of it, it seems I heard someone say that electric car windows will work for a very short time underwater

I found this, its intresting.

MythBusters Episode 72: Underwater Car