• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Girls drive jeep into lake.. all die

• Members

I don't understand this. How do three healthy young girls drive into a pond, in 10 ft of water, and not a single one gets out? Yes, I understand about water pressure on doors and etc, but not one of them got out? This is one reason I prefer old fashioned window cranks instead of electric windows.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,571587,00.html

• Members

Which if this was flat land and they were driving across the pasture at night time, even on a clear night, not knowing the pond was there, no doubt they could drive off into it, especially if it was a pond with no banks.

If this is what happened, I feel the parents will never accept it, thinking it had to be foul play.

• Members

Two of them had time to make cell calls... instead of calling 911 they called friends. I think if I were in a sinking car first thing I'd do is open the door as soon as we hit water, then hit the "down window" switch if door doesn't open, then start kicking glass. But no.. we make a cell phone call. Makes no sense.

• Members

cell phone may have been their main killer. it have been that cellphones was their first reaction they had instead of jumping out.

but then again, they prOBably couldn't roll down their windowm or open the door fast enough. Or didn't know they had to roll down their windows. Or didn't know the water was going to be deep. They prOBably thought they ran into a puddle of water.

• Members

It they drove off into the pond by mistake, panic prOBably took over, sometime when that happens we all are capable of doing the wrong thing. Of course doing the wrong thing can cause all involved to loose their life.

The other night on a straight stretch of road Linda and I had just been passed by 2 cars, the 2nd one was following pretty close. After passing us they got a little ways ahead of us and I saw the brakes light on both come on and they slowed down quite a bit, I had no idea what was going on and there he was, a deer standing in our lane with the front 2 cars just barely missing her, seems she was stunned, and just stopped dead still about where the west bound traffics wheels would normally run, thankfully those in front of me missed her as did the 2 cars behind me. The way it was prOBably more than one would have been involved in an accident if the 1st car had hit her. If they had all stayed behind me, I was going about 53-55 MPH, prOBably no one would have got such a scare. But everyone is in a hurry. I expect the 2 that passed me were going between 65-70 MPH in a 55 MPH zone at dusky dark on a 2 lane highway going through the river bottoms.

Both man and beast seem to panic when fear comes on us.

• Members

Hate to admit it, but my first thought is: "College girls, athletes, vehicle in the middle of a pond...........had to be so drugs or alchohol involved." Wouldn't surprise me if they find this true and still release to the press that they weren't intoxicated for the sake of the families. How else can you explain all the facts that they have given thus far??

• Members

It just hit me, something to think seriously about. I stand guilty to, perhaps we all need to reign in our imaginations when we read about such things as this.

I wonder, if one of us was out doing something completely innocent, something bad happened, them everyone was speculating that we were doing something evil, how would we feel about it?

What if our children were out doing something innocent, and something bad happened, and everyone was speculating they were doing evil things, how would we feel about it?

And in the end either of the above situations were proved to be completely innocent.

Are we to quick to let our imaginations run wild? Then from there on out its pure gossip, gossip hurts innocent people.

• Members

Very possible, but why make phone calls rather than open the doors or windows and get out of the sinking vehicle?

Something odd here.

Of course I saw a story on The Weather Channel about a woman in an SUV that sank in a storm and she couldn't get out because she paniced. Men tried to break out the windows but that didn't work. The wipers on the SUV were still working so the power was still on. The woman finally pushed a window button and a guy barely got his arm in but then somehow he got the woman out. When they pulled the SUV out later they were all stunned to see that ALL the windows were fully up. Everyone was wondering how the window they pulled her out of got back up afterwards?

Of course, none of them considered the hand of God...or if they did, that didn't get mentioned in the program.

• Members

I agree entirely Jerry, just being honest about what went through my mind. At the same time, even after thinking about it, it's hard to believe that all three of the girls did not think to roll down a wind or open a door if they were sOBer. It's just very strange and I am quite curious to see what they determine after the autopsy.