• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Louisiana justice who refused interracial marriage resigns

• Members
Louisiana justice who refused interracial marriage resigns

"I would prOBably do the same thing again," he said. "I found out I can't be a justice of the peace and have a conscience."

Smart man, they are jOB's, positions, that God's children cannot hold, when that happens the proper thing to do is step down, accept the persecution and suffering.

1Pe

• Members

Sometimes that's the best you can do if you can't do it . I would have trouble calling two homosexuals a marriage at all! Because I don't believe God have married them . And I would hate for the gov't to force me to knowledge their marriage.

just like how two little children decided to do a pretend wedding -- although they think they are getting marry (I was one of those little kid who did this with my neighbor). Or actors on tv do a fake wedding for the show. You can't see them being married for real because marriage isn't designed that way.
'
btw, I think he should have been acceptable of their marriage because black and white people can easily have babies. It would leave many babies without fathers. And he should know that most people in the U.S. are mixed race anyhow.

• Members

It's really sad to see forced conformity overwhelming America. How long before all are forced to accept whatever they don't believe is best or right or be forced into a re-education camp?

I don't see a prOBlem with one's employer being able to set the standards of conduct and the definitions of adherence to their policies. The employer in this case happens to be the government and it is well within the employer's right to tell a paid employee to follow the expected standards and policies. When the employee decides not to follow them, the employee has just decided they no longer want to work for the employer.

This happens all the time and I see no reason this should be any different.

• Members

The judge took an oath to uphold the law and perform the duties of his office. Part of his duties as Justice of the Peace is to perform weddings to those who qualify (no disease, not a brother or sister, etc.). He did not perform his duties based upon his bigoted opinion and nothing more. He eventually did the right thing and resigned.

• Members

If you are a pastor or someone who is allow to marry people, I don't think you should be sued. But if you work for the gov't where everyone's tax money is being forced to pay you, more likely you will be sued.

BUT if you had a change of heart, you should quit right away (or resign) to prevent being sued.

• Members

If you are a pastor or someone who is allow to marry people, I don't think you should be sued. But if you work for the gov't where everyone's tax money is being forced to pay you, more likely you will be sued.

BUT if you had a change of heart, you should quit right away (or resign) to prevent being sued.

Agreed!

Holster, we aren't talking about a Pastor or Minister being under OBligation; but like Psalms18 said, a government official who took an oath to perform certain duties in accordance with the law (but you already knew the distinction and were just playing with me). lol

• Members

Agreed!

Holster, we aren't talking about a Pastor or Minister being under OBligation; but like Psalms18 said, a government official who took an oath to perform certain duties in accordance with the law (but you already knew the distinction and were just playing with me). lol

:thumb:

• Members

This is no different than public employees who don't want to provide certain services they believe are wrong or lead to something they think is bad.

It was either last year or earlier this year that subject was a major issue in Illinois with regards to whether public employees and pharmacists, and there was even an issue with Christian organizations, regarding providing things such as "birth control" and abortion.

I know far more blacks who are totally against interracial marriage for various reasons than I do whites. There are black officials as well as black business owners who refuse to deal with whites (and sometimes others) in the same manner they deal with whites. These are rarely called out, but rather allowed to continue.

I applaud the man for not violating his conscience for the sake of public opinion. There are too few men today who truly stand by their beliefs, especially when publically confronted. Would that Christians would take such stands with regards to the things of Christ.

• Members

This is no different than public employees who don't want to provide certain services they believe are wrong or lead to something they think is bad.

It was either last year or earlier this year that subject was a major issue in Illinois with regards to whether public employees and pharmacists, and there was even an issue with Christian organizations, regarding providing things such as "birth control" and abortion.

I know far more blacks who are totally against interracial marriage for various reasons than I do whites. There are black officials as well as black business owners who refuse to deal with whites (and sometimes others) in the same manner they deal with whites. These are rarely called out, but rather allowed to continue.

I applaud the man for not violating his conscience for the sake of public opinion. There are too few men today who truly stand by their beliefs, especially when publically confronted. Would that Christians would take such stands with regards to the things of Christ.

He may choose to work where ever his conscience takes him. He does not have the right under the oath he swore to deny to perform his duties based upon the fact they are an interracial couple. Plain and simple. Beyond that, he is a bigot and racist. Further any Christian who believes God teaches a couple can not be married simply due to the color of their skin is a bigot and racist.

• Members

I would never apply for nor take a jOB that I knew would require me to do something that goes against God's way. Them if I had a jOB and one day they require me to do something that went against God's way I would quietly resign. I really think that would be the proper thing to do.

Gregg, I've been thinking seriously about us pastors and marrying man and women. John made a post about what his pastor said he would do. Perhaps the thing to do if they ever required us to marry any one that ask us would be to disconnect from the government on this.

Somewhat like you, have just about decided I would not marry no one unless they are Baptist, and nearly decided I would not marry no one unless they were members of our church and or my family members. Perhaps the thing to do would be just have a godly ceremony at church, them let them stand before a justice of the peace or someone that has authority from the government to satisfy the government.

Like I said, I'm just thinking on this, but I know it would be wrong to marry anyone and everyone.

• Members

Hummm.. I don't know enough about a "justice of the peace." I think they are "appointed." Right? Who is their boss? What do they do (beside marry people)? Are their responsibilities universal or is their jOB description given by the appointing party? Do they HAVE to marry people? Can they deny anyone?