• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

New sites for King James Bible believers

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Aren't foreign language bibles also translated from the TR (Greek) and the Masoretic text (Hebrew)? Or are you saying that the English text of the KJV is superior to the TR and Masoretic text and foreign language bibles need to be translated from the English text in the KJV?

• Members

Future hope posts:

Wow! Nest you will tell me what a great man Ruckman is. The fool despises wisdom. You actually believe that the KJV is the base, while the texts it was taken from were all completed over 1200 years prior to it penning?? Sad a man can become so led astray.

Hi fh. Yes, I believe the KJB is the Standard. Could you please tell us all exactly where we can get a printed copy of these "texts that were completed 1200 years prior" to the KJB?

Do you happen to have a copy of any Bible in any language you can refer us to that you honestly believe is the complete and 100% true words of God? If so, please tell us where we can either get one too or at least see it online. Will you do that for us or are you just another theorizing bible agnostic?

As for the alternate languages, you are essentially telling me that ONLY people who can speak English can have the Word of God. Yet again sad. You believe the English is superior to the Hebrew and Greek it came from and that God has denied others based on the language they speak.

Don't confuse Word of God with words of God. The Word of God is the Lord Jesus Christ who died on a cross, rose from the dead and is coming again in glory. The words of God are His revealed written and spoken words. They never died on a cross and are not coming again in glory. They are already here. That is your first mistake.

Secondly, can you tell us exactly where we can get a copy of "the Hebrew and Greek" the KJB or any other bible translation came from? No, you can't and won't. It really appears that your "righteous indignation" is based on ignorance rather than carefully thought through facts.

I will presume now that your response will be filled with more of your Ruckmanite philosophy and, if it is, I will more than likely not waste my time responding to a man who foolishly denies the truth and worships a man and his heresies. However, if you want to recognize the Word of God as what it is, we might be able to converse further in this matter. Your cart currently has no horse.

I doubt you will respond anyway, but it won't be because of what you refer to as my Ruckmanite philosophy. I never even mentioned the man. You prOBably won't respond because you are posting out of ignorance and are not able to consistently defend your vague and undefined inspired and 100% true "words of God".

I'll bet you are actually just another Bible Agnostic hiding under the pretense of being a genuine Bible believer.

Tell us exactly where we can get a copy of your 100% true "words of God" in any language so we can compare it to whatever we are reading now to see the differences and similarities. Will you do that for us?

Not a chance. You will dodge the issue; make a pious remark about "so sad" and
then pretend I never answered your questions.

Will K

• Members

All right Will, what about Scrivener's TR, and the Gomez Spanish Bible?

Hi Samer. Do you think either of these is the 100% perfect Bible? Scrivener's TR is not an entire Bible and Scrivener got his Greek text FROM the King James Bible. He basically back translated the KJB texts into Greek.

The Reina Valera Gomez is about the closest thing in Spanish I know of, but his stated purpose in making that translation was to make it as much as possible like the King James Bible. Again, the KJB is the Standard.

By the way, do you speak and read Spanish?

Thanks,

Will K

• Members

Aren't foreign language bibles also translated from the TR (Greek) and the Masoretic text (Hebrew)? Or are you saying that the English text of the KJV is superior to the TR and Masoretic text and foreign language bibles need to be translated from the English text in the KJV?

Hi Linda. Foreign language bibles are all over the board. Most modern ones do not follow the TR variety and often reject the Hebrew readings if they are done by people who support versions like the NASB, NIV, ESV, Holman stuff.

There is no "the" TR text, and even the Masoretic text has some significant textual differences. See for example Joshua 21:36-37; Psalm 22:16; 1 Samuel 13:1.

And Yes, it is my view that foreign languages should follow a combination of both the exact same Hebrew and Greek texts that underlie the KJB and keep the same meaning as found in the King James Bible.

Most missionaries in history who did translation work went directly from the KJB into a foreign language. Most of todays modern missionaries who do translation work do not know how to read Hebrew or Greek. They use a version like the NIV or something similar and try to translate from English into the target language as best they can. I personally know some of the Wycliffe translators working today in foreign fields, and this is what they do.

The KJB is the Standard. That is what I believe.

What is your Final Standard of Written Authority? Can you tell us where we can get a copy?

Thanks,

Will K

• Members

Hi Linda. Foreign language bibles are all over the board. Most modern ones do not follow the TR variety and often reject the Hebrew readings if they are done by people who support versions like the NASB, NIV, ESV, Holman stuff.

There is no "the" TR text, and even the Masoretic text has some significant textual differences. See for example Joshua 21:36-37; Psalm 22:16; 1 Samuel 13:1.

And Yes, it is my view that foreign languages should follow a combination of both the exact same Hebrew and Greek texts that underlie the KJB and keep the same meaning as found in the King James Bible.

Most missionaries in history who did translation work went directly from the KJB into a foreign language. Most of todays modern missionaries who do translation work do not know how to read Hebrew or Greek. They use a version like the NIV or something similar and try to translate from English into the target language as best they can. I personally know some of the Wycliffe translators working today in foreign fields, and this is what they do.

The KJB is the Standard. That is what I believe.

What is your Final Standard of Written Authority? Can you tell us where we can get a copy?

Thanks,

Will K

Thanks Will for the clarification of my question about foreign language bibles.

To answer your question about what my Final Standard of Written Authority.....the KJB is my Final Standard of Written Authority (I use the Defined KJB which is published by Bible For Today). I purchased it about 6 years ago from the online KJV Store.

Another question...actually, not a question but a tidbit of information. I'm not sure if you have heard of the Baptist mission, Hope of Israel, but this mission sends out New Testaments free, upon request. They are prophecy editions...and they are in Hebrew and English. They are read like a Hebrew book (English on one side and Hebrew on the other side, similar to the format of a lexicon). Here is what it says on the title page of this NT:

"HEREIN YOU HAVE THE WORD OF GOD DIVINELY PRESERVED. BOTH THE KING JAMES AUTHORIZED 1611 AND HEBREW NEW TESTAMENTS ARE BASED UPON THE PRESERVED GREEK MANUSCRIPTS COMMONLY KNOWN AS THE TEXTUS RECEPTUS."

"PORTIONS OF OLD TESTAMENT SCRIPTURE ARE QUOTED FROM THE TANAKH WHICH IS BASED ON THE MASORETIC TEXT."

It is called "The HEBREW-ENGLISH NEW COVENANT" (NEW TESTAMENT) I just checked the site and it looks like these bibles are not free anymore. Here's the link if you are interested:
Hope of Israel Baptist Mission

BTW, this is a KJB site!

• Members

Hi Will!

Hope of Israel used to offer those Hebrew-English New Testaments free...but they OBviously don't do this anymore. I got a copy from a missionary couple who came to our church from the International Board of Jewish Missions. Hope of Israel also sent me a copy when I visited their site 3 years ago. I requested to be on their mailing list and told them I was a born again Jew...but I didn't request the NT, but they sent one anyway. I gave that free copy to a visiting preacher who has been sharing Christ with an unsaved Jewish man and his sister.

Check out their site...looks like they have made some changes, like the "Mission Store".