• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Eternal Security

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Unfortunately the teaching of eternal security is sometimes the source of problems within Christian circles. Some Christians believe that if you hold to eternal security you are purposely promoting a license to sin.

That most often stems from a lack of understanding Scripture. Scripture is very clear that if one is born again in Christ they are new creature. This being the biblical reality for someone who is biblically saved, Scripture goes on to point out we can look to the fruit in our lives to check the state of our heart.

Those who are born again in Christ will not live as they did before. If a person claims to be born again in Christ yet continues to live as they did before there is something wrong.

• Members

Unfortunately the teaching of eternal security is sometimes the source of problems within Christian circles. Some Christians believe that if you hold to eternal security you are purposely promoting a license to sin.

Paul considers that question in Romans 6:
What shall we say then? Shall we co
nt
inue in sin, that grace may abound?

God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Know ye n
ot
, that so many of us as were baptized i
nt
o Jesus Christ were baptized i
nt
o his death?

Therefore we are buried with him by baptism i
nt
o death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.