• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

America's most notorious abortionist, aborted

• Members

John - you and I were in the 3rd grade when Roe v. Wade was passed. Have you talked with Christians from that time? I have. They were doing exactly what you stated above - and the Lord didn't move. :-) Trying to force things to happen - and relying on God's will are two different things... as you know. God is in charge of everything!

God bless,

Molly

Yes Molly, some Christians did fast and pray but overall the "Christian" response was geared to politics as the answer rather than God. No doubt, those who did fast and pray will receive their reward from the Lord, but the majority of the pro-life movement put more effort into the Republican Party than into the church; more effort into getting certain people elected than in getting souls won; poured more money into politics than into the spreading of the Gospel and the edifying of Believers; more time and effort into lobbying than in praying, fasting, Bible study, discipleship...

Sadly, some of the pro-life movement reminds me of the Scripture where the Lord proclaims they honour me with their lips but not with their actions. So often the pro-life movement will put forth a prayer and then dive headlong into politics and virtually their entire attention and effort is political; with a great deal of human effort and very little actual reliance upon the Lord or truly seeking the Lord's will. :sad

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Yes Molly, some Christians did fast and pray but overall the "Christian" response was geared to politics as the answer rather than God. No doubt, those who did fast and pray will receive their reward from the Lord, but the majority of the pro-life movement put more effort into the Republican Party than into the church; more effort into getting certain people elected than in getting souls won; poured more money into politics than into the spreading of the Gospel and the edifying of Believers; more time and effort into lobbying than in praying, fasting, Bible study, discipleship...

I thought you were just saying we should stop abortion as they should have stopped the holocaust. Isnt' that politics? :puzzled:

• Members
So John...are you saying the early Christians should have risen up against Nero? Same situation as Hitler, really.

?????

The Christians simply rushed to give the gospel out as fast as possible rather than wasting time protesting or trying to change the government.

Not at all. I believe German Christians in the 1930s and 1940s as well as American Christians from the 1970s to today should have been doing just what the 1st century Christians were doing. Spreading the Gospel and discipling new Believers; establishing churches and continually building up Christians and winning souls to Christ.

• Members
As a second thought....God often put Jews through trials. I believe the holocaust was similar to other Jewish trials throughout Scripture. Do you suppose God wanted Christians to intervene in His (possible) judgement outside of prayer and intercession?

I agree. It seems rather obvious what happened to European Jews was a part of God's plan. It's interesting to consider the fact that Hitler originally wanted to help European Jews migrate to "Palestine". Many Zionist Jews supported Hitler and worked to bring this about. However, England stood totally against this and went to great efforts to prevent Jews from migrating to Palestine. They continued to do this even after the Nazis began rounding up Jews and putting them in concentration camps. I believe all of this was part of God's plan; the hardening of Britian which prevented a rather peaceful move of European Jews to Palestine and the eventual means the Nazis employed in their attempt to rid Europe of Jews.

I believe God wanted Christians of that time to conduct themselves exactly at Scripture commands.

• Members

John Wrote:
"Yes Molly, some Christians did fast and pray but overall the "Christian" response was geared to politics as the answer rather than God."

Isn't that same thing true in 2009? It seems to me most Christens put more effort in getting a certain person elected and getting a certain law passed than they do in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ and tell other Christians its their Christian duty to vote. But yet these Christians all they really do is vote for the lesser of 2 evils, and so far that is the only thing we have had in the White House regardless of whether their democrat or republican.

So far I have yet to find and example in the Bible of Jesus or His 12 doing what Christians who are involved in politics in any manner tell me I should do. So far the only examples I have found is for spreading the of Gospel of Jesus Christ. If Jesus did not set the example in doing something, them we should refrain from doing it.

21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

1 Peter 2:21 (KJV)

38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matt 10:38 (KJV)

24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matt 16:24 (KJV)

12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

2 Tim 3:12 (KJV)

But many of us fear if we do follow His steps we will suffer, would it not be so bad if we were to sufferer for the sake of Christ. Of course that statement is pure sarcasm.

I like to keep up with what is going on but I do not want to be involved in it for the One who called me did call me to deny self and follow Him, not to be involved in worldly stuff, and as I pervious said, Jesus' is the one true example we are to follow.

• Members
John Wrote:
"Yes Molly, some Christians did fast and pray but overall the "Christian" response was geared to politics as the answer rather than God."

Isn't that same thing true in 2009? It seems to me most Christens put more effort in getting a certain person elected and getting a certain law passed than they do in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ and tell other Christians its their Christian duty to vote. But yet these Christians all they really do is vote for the lesser of 2 evils, and so far that is the only thing we have had in the White House regardless of whether their democrat or republican.

I have been saying this for years - Pastor Jerry. I have NEVER voted for the "lesser of the two evils" as an unsaved woman. Remember I voted Indpendent on several occasions... until it became fashionable? However - I do believe that you need to get this message out to the Christian men out there. I am tired of hearing this "broken record" from you and John. It has gotten old... very fast. Maybe you guys can do something about it instead of continuing to post this on OB? It is NOT my decision to make. :smile I am speaking for myself.

In Christ Jesus ~

Molly

• Administrators

Being involved in politics doesn't mean one can't tell others about Christ! And just because the disciples weren't recorded as being involved doesn't mean we shouldn't be to a certain extent. The Bible does tell us to occupy til He comes. I don't think that means just telling others about Christ - I believe that means in everything!

Does that mean everyone should be involved in politics? No - we are to all find what God wants us to do and do it. If a person believes God wants 'em in politics, or if a person believes God wants 'em involved in helping a candidate, that person better do it or they are being disobedient...

• Members

There are political aspects but a Christians focus should not be on politics. Rather than focus on Christ and what God can do through their obedience to Him, too many Christians focus upon politics itself as the solution and then ask God to back their works.

• Members

I have been saying this for years - Pastor Jerry. I have NEVER voted for the "lesser of the two evils" as an unsaved woman. Remember I voted Indpendent on several occasions... until it became fashionable? However - I do believe that you need to get this message out to the Christian men out there. I am tired of hearing this "broken record" from you and John. It has gotten old... very fast. Maybe you guys can do something about it instead of continuing to post this on OB? It is NOT my decision to make. :smile I am speaking for myself.

In Christ Jesus ~

Molly

Molly, I really have no idea what you are saying here. What "broken record" are you speaking of? I don't understand what you are saying after that either.

• Members
I have to agree' date=' that its one thing to post what everybody should be doing online...its another to actually be the one going out and DOING it....[/quote']

I'm not certain as to who or what you are referring to, but isn't it right for all of us to proclaim we should live according to Scripture? You rightly post about this yourself.

Through Christ, I'm attempting to live as Scripture commands. I believe many others here are as well.

• Members

Does that mean everyone should be involved in politics? No - we are to all find what God wants us to do and do it. If a person believes God wants 'em in politics, or if a person believes God wants 'em involved in helping a candidate, that person better do it or they are being disobedient...

Absolutely. This is what I've said before with regards to politics. We are to follow the Lord's leading. Unfortunately, so many American Christians get this backwards. They make their own political choices and then pray for the Lord to back them.

If the Lord leads us to run for office or the Lord leads us to back a particular politicians or proposition, then by all means we should do so in His strength.

Obedience to the Lord is following Him, not going forward on our own and asking for God's support. Too many Christians will determine on their own to vote Republican and then pray that God will bless the Republicans. Or they will vote for Obama and then pray that God will bless the Obama Administration. That's self-centered actions rather than Christ-centered. We are to wait upon the Lord and only when the Lord makes our course clear are we to move out in His will. This isn't just in regards to politics, but in all areas of our lives.

Politics in itself is not evil, but we should only be involved in politics (and other things) according to the will of God in our lives.

• Administrators

Absolutely. This is what I've said before with regards to politics. We are to follow the Lord's leading. Unfortunately, so many American Christians get this backwards. They make their own political choices and then pray for the Lord to back them.

If the Lord leads us to run for office or the Lord leads us to back a particular politicians or proposition, then by all means we should do so in His strength.

Obedience to the Lord is following Him, not going forward on our own and asking for God's support. Too many Christians will determine on their own to vote Republican and then pray that God will bless the Republicans. Or they will vote for Obama and then pray that God will bless the Obama Administration. That's self-centered actions rather than Christ-centered. We are to wait upon the Lord and only when the Lord makes our course clear are we to move out in His will. This isn't just in regards to politics, but in all areas of our lives.

Politics in itself is not evil, but we should only be involved in politics (and other things) according to the will of God in our lives.

I agree with this - and that is what we do every time any kind of voting comes up.